Login

russian armor

Invasion of maphackers has begun

12 Jul 2013, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

Well not going with P2P would have been a start....

what's your solution ? and don't tell me Battle.net because they are the only ones who can afford such servers.
12 Jul 2013, 23:04 PM

This makes me sad but it's also expected as well that hackers will finally crack the game. Let's just hope Relic has an answer soon before these hacks take over the "ladder/league" they will be implementing.
12 Jul 2013, 23:38 PM

That's what you get for using the crap P2P connections from COH1.

LOL Relic re-used the ONLY thing that was broken in vCoH and overhauled everything else.

12 Jul 2013, 23:47 PM

At least some people are playing it. games already dead yo.
12 Jul 2013, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 20:50 PMUGBEAR
http://www.damncheaters.com/company-of-heroes-2-coh2-hack.html

just googled

Is it legit? did you check that it works or just found some random shit link with this crap? because during Beta, Alpha i found tons of CoH2 maphacks that was just nothing but empty site or empty thread started with some virus shit inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-3LMXodCBw

just foudn this, first link when you type "coh2 maphack" in google, does this mean it works in multi? surely not because:
1) it was mirror match (not auto for sure)
2) opponent didn't said ANYTHING
3) this guy posting this shit vid never clicked on enemy pios or sth to check his name.
13 Jul 2013, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 22:28 PMZ3r07

what's your solution ? and don't tell me Battle.net because they are the only ones who can afford such servers.

And why can Blizzard afford it?? Because they make awesome games that people would gladly spend $60 to play!

If Relic made games that were worth $60, they could afford such servers!
13 Jul 2013, 00:26 AM

And why can Blizzard afford it?? Because they make awesome games that people would gladly spend $60 to play!

If Relic made games that were worth $60, they could afford such servers!

+1

You know - SEGA is rather a big deal you know - they came up with this guy:

They have the muscle to - you know - provide say SERVERS FOR GAMES THEY SELL.
13 Jul 2013, 00:28 AM

It has begun, man your battle stations, and get ready for a hell of a ride. Soon the droppers will be coming as well, it's only inevitable
13 Jul 2013, 00:48 AM

I'm not going to say maphackers don't exist ... cause I'm sure they do. But in all my years playing CoH 1 at a high level (Rank 16 across the teams) I never played someone who I thought was maphacking. While others often say that they play 3 games in a row against maphackers.

What I'm saying is while this is an issue I think it has and probably will continue to be overstated.
13 Jul 2013, 01:47 AM
Donator 11

+1

You know - SEGA is rather a big deal you know - they came up with this guy:

They have the muscle to - you know - provide say SERVERS FOR GAMES THEY SELL.

omg you guys are so clueless as to what it takes to support something like Battle.net and it didn't start right away, there was hacking in the first Starcraft.

Unfortunately for now, you cannot have 3-4 games with of the same type with so many players and Blizzard was just "lucky" to be the first best strategy gamne.
13 Jul 2013, 02:30 AM

I think if both SEGA and relic contribute some manpower to identifying Multiplayer-game cheating, there will be a huge improvement for sure, steam will give heavy punishment once the Cheater is confirmed........

(permanently ban for multiplayer for this account)

and ofcuz, if relic want to do this.
13 Jul 2013, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 22:16 PMZ3r07

dude, name me one game that's not hacked.

I hope for the day that all data will be server side and that should solve hacking issues.

Hello kitty island.

BAM
13 Jul 2013, 06:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Transparent ladder would be a big help to identifying prominent maphackers.

I cant speak to the technical sice of preventing maphacking, but its enough of an issue that Relic should atleast superficially indicate somekind of attempt/initiative to curb it. The earlier the better, because this kind of thing, the longer it goes on, is extremely damaging to a games reputation. Especially when players who dont actually even get maphacked start getting it into their heads that they ARE being maphacked, and leave the game.
13 Jul 2013, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 06:05 AMNullist
Transparent ladder would be a big help to identifying prominent maphackers.

I cant speak to the technical sice of preventing maphacking, but its enough of an issue that Relic should atleast superficially indicate somekind of attempt/initiative to curb it. The earlier the better, because this kind of thing, the longer it goes on, is extremely damaging to a games reputation. Especially when players who dont actually even get maphacked start getting it into their heads that they ARE being maphacked, and leave the game.

I kinda got the feeling the latter was happening in COH1. Then, accusations of maphacking were simply flying everywhere.
13 Jul 2013, 15:34 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Dunno why everybody is coming off like they're shocked and appalled by maphacks becoming available for COH2. Most of us realized this would happen when Relic announced COH2 would be P2P about 8 months ago.

Please do not post cheating accusations or links to maphacks on coh2.org... just take it straight to Relic on their official forums.
13 Jul 2013, 15:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Dunno why everybody is coming off like they're shocked and appalled by maphacks becoming available for COH2. Most of us realized this would happen when Relic announced COH2 would be P2P about 8 months ago.

Please do not post cheating accusations or links to maphacks on coh2.org... just take it straight to Relic on their official forums.

this ^

but ami and everyone there hare plenty of hacks for sc2 that aren't detected by battle.net

no hacks in sc2 LOL there are
13 Jul 2013, 15:49 PM
Benefactor 115

Although I'm not surprised there are hacks P2P netcode NOT is the reason why there are maphacks.
13 Jul 2013, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

i think and hope, that maphacks wont be the biggest problem anymore, because now, people are not risking their cohkey, but their entire steamaccount, which is a huge difference, given you have more than coh2 on you steamaccount!
13 Jul 2013, 16:15 PM

I'm actually not posting this replay because I want to accuse the guy in it, he's just some random chinese player I don't really care about.

I post this replay because there is a lot of debate about maphack and whether it is actually there in working form or not. I think this replay proves it is, that's why I posted it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★