Login

russian armor

Brits finally balanced

1 May 2016, 23:52 PM

i have a suggestion which would fix 2 brit problems AT ONCE

switch mortar pit with a regular mortar team buildable in t2

switch emplacement commander counter barrage ability with mortar pit unlock (woiuld meet the commander's theme)

1 May 2016, 23:54 PM

Let's remove even the slightest counter to blobs for brits.
2 May 2016, 02:10 AM

i have a suggestion also, if relic remove the brits problems would be solved. :snfPeter:
2 May 2016, 03:03 AM

no GabeN then what will be done with the counters created for brit-usf-soviet combos? they will be in need of attention.
2 May 2016, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 02:10 AMIGOR
i have a suggestion also, if relic remove the brits problems would be solved. :snfPeter:

No because then we wont get money, but next patch when everyone buys brits we will just nerf them into the ground.
2 May 2016, 03:11 AM
Patrion 14

Out of curiosity, why do you think replacing a static mortar pit with a mobile mortar be any less of a blob deterrent?
2 May 2016, 03:25 AM

Out of curiosity, why do you think replacing a static mortar pit with a mobile mortar be any less of a blob deterrent?

Because you need to micro :snfCHVGame:
2 May 2016, 03:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, I guess it is fairly powerful with the two mortars firing at once and it definitely wouldn't be justified to have a single mobile mortar match that power?
jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 03:25 AMhubewa

And that.
2 May 2016, 03:32 AM
Donator 11

I think a mortar pit that would be an upgrade would be nice. Like you would choose mobile (gives you 1 mortar) or a mortar pit with more health and armor would be a fun idea. I think the increase of MP for brits is a great change and makes it so its less punishing to take 1-2 model loss on a rifle section. Its a better change rather than reducing the price of unis and as such helps brits overall in the early game without touching late game.
2 May 2016, 04:56 AM

The problem with brits is their basic inf sucks. When engis are better than the mainline inf, you have a problem.

To make brits viable:

Tommies need to be buffed and given AT nades. The reason inf section suck is because you need to be behind cover and fighting at mid range since they don't get a damage increase at close range. They become very good in the mid & late game but you probably won't get there because you have such a bad early game.

Brits need late game arty(land mattress) that isn't locked behind a p2w commander. One could argue they should have a 240 mortar squad for early game building clear.

Engis should be moved to T0, only if sections get buffed so you don't spam engis as is the current meta. Engis should have flamers, which isn't tied to p2w commander.
2 May 2016, 05:00 AM

Not seeing how that would happen. You'd still have a mortar.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 03:31 AMVuther

Well, I guess it is fairly powerful with the two mortars firing at once and it definitely wouldn't be justified to have a single mobile mortar match that power?

Yes, but the mobile mortar would be about half the price... and also mobile, which means it wouldn't need brace since it could retreat. I actually like this idea a lot.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 03:25 AMhubewa

Yea I have a feeling that's what most complaints would be about.
2 May 2016, 05:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, but the mobile mortar would be about half the price and also mobile. Which means it wouldn't need brace, since it could retreat...

Oh yeah, but I'm assuming the power was designed to be justified by the immobility, ergo, a mobile half-price half-power version would be overperforming.
2 May 2016, 05:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 05:02 AMVuther

Oh yeah, but I'm assuming the power was designed to be justified by the immobility, ergo, a mobile half-price half-power version would be overperforming.

Really? I'd figure at ~240-260mp (ok, so not half) a mortar that performed roughly equal to the Ost mortar would be alright.
2 May 2016, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Really? I'd figure at ~240-260mp (ok, so not half) a mortar that performed roughly equal to the Ost mortar would be alright.

Yeah, very well could be and I'd be quite happy with the removal of the mortar pit, but from his perspective he could be all like "Well see then the bang for the buck against blobs wouldn't be as cost-effective".
2 May 2016, 07:16 AM

Then remove road rage cromwells from them game :)
2 May 2016, 07:17 AM

i have a suggestion which would fix 2 brit problems AT ONCE

switch mortar pit with a regular mortar team buildable in t2

switch emplacement commander counter barrage ability with mortar pit unlock (woiuld meet the commander's theme)

Misleading title. There are far more problems with the British than just the mortar pit and counter barrage (which just got nerfed hardcore).

That being said, I would be perfectly happy with a mobile mortar instead of the mortar pit.
2 May 2016, 13:30 PM

No because then we wont get money, but next patch when everyone buys brits we will just nerf them into the ground.

as always :thumb:
2 May 2016, 14:12 PM

Mortars in general are never a proper counter against blobs. Normal mortars are not flexible enough to respond to incoming mobile blobs due to low range (which requires constant repositioning) and a very long time between 'enemies spotted' and an 'effective load delivered (setup time and rate of fire)'. The 120mm has a good AoE and range, but suffers from long reload and setup time (regarding countering blobs).

However, the British mortar is able to respond early enough to incoming threats (no setup time, long range) and deliver a massive load of firepower (high RoF, 2 mortars).

The British mortar is a defensive tool whose max range should not extend further than the frontline. That also ensures the response time to threats because it won't be busy doing offensive tasks.
2 May 2016, 17:37 PM

Mortars in general are never a proper counter against blobs. Normal mortars are not flexible enough to respond to incoming mobile blobs due to low range (which requires constant repositioning) and a very long time between 'enemies spotted' and an 'effective load delivered (setup time and rate of fire)'. The 120mm has a good AoE and range, but suffers from long reload and setup time (regarding countering blobs).

However, the British mortar is able to respond early enough to incoming threats (no setup time, long range) and deliver a massive load of firepower (high RoF, 2 mortars).

The British mortar is a defensive tool whose max range should not extend further than the frontline. That also ensures the response time to threats because it won't be busy doing offensive tasks.

You know, I've actually been advocating a pop cap change to the Sexton in order to make it more balanced. I didn't think about this until now, but maybe that's also a solution to the Mortar Pit. Currently, it gets 2 mortars with a strong range (which is necessary due to its static nature) for only 8 population. For comparison, getting two mortars for any other faction would cost 12 population. That is a difference of 4 population. I think it would be a fair and reasonable change to bring the mortar pits population cost up to reflect that. At the very least it may make the Brit player have to think more about if they really want it or another Cromwell. it would also make Sim City slightly more taxing to build, which I consider a good thing.

On that same topic, the 17-pounders main problem is also its population cost (20). Lowering that down to 14 or so may make it much more viable in games.

Geez, apparently there are a lot of things on the Brit side that need a pop change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★