Login

russian armor

Osttruppen vs Brits?

28 Apr 2016, 08:59 AM

So I was asking for help in a different thread and someone said that osttruppen are good vs brits. I just can't seem to make them work. How do you properly use them against infantry sections? Played a game yesterday and I just couldn't dislodge his infantry sections from cover. It looked like a single infantry section squad could just sit there all day and kill legions of osttruppen. Even in 2v1 situations I couldn't seem to have any success.

Is a sniper required as a complement to osttruppen? What are the advantages of osttruppen over grens in this case?
Kri
28 Apr 2016, 09:06 AM

Im not much of a 1vs1 player but from what I get from oststruppen is that they are super cheap and fast to reinforce. Brits imo, lack field presence. Go all over the map and keep cutting him off.

E: Dont take my word for it ;)
28 Apr 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 09:06 AMKri
Im not much of a 1vs1 player but from what I get from oststruppen is that they are super cheap and fast to reinforce. Brits imo, lack field presence. Go all over the map and keep cutting him off.

E: Dont take my word for it ;)

That's what I thought too, but a single infantry section in cover seems to hold off 2 osttruppen squads and osttruppen don't have grenades.
Kri
28 Apr 2016, 09:52 AM

That's what I thought too, but a single infantry section in cover seems to hold off 2 osttruppen squads and osttruppen don't have grenades.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. Try not to engage directly, but instead, cap where the brit isnt.
28 Apr 2016, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2016, 09:52 AMKri

Maybe I wasnt clear enough. Try not to engage directly, but instead, cap where the brit isnt.

That's what I was saying, it's enough for him to send a squad in each direction to deny the map for me. I think a sniper is a must because he can bleed their 4-man squads nicely.
28 Apr 2016, 11:01 AM

Try to gain building control in key areas like near fuel/muni points or cutoffs.

Since you can spam ostruppen out from the start send them straight to important areas of the map and use your pios to cap.

A build that may work is ost->ost->ost->mg->t2->scout car->scout car.

From then on its up to what you need, usually pgrens work pretty well with ostruppen and if you ever need more infantry firepower don't be afraid to make grens since ostruppen aren't as strong late game.
8 May 2016, 14:14 PM

The idea of going Ostruppen in 1v1s is that you can get a squad without wasting time and just rush a key building or a cutoff heavy cover. Getting more than 4 squads will bleed you hard late game. In 1v1s get 2 squads of Ostruppen on the cutoff or the key building and just back cap with your pios and the other ostruppen.
9 May 2016, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 14:14 PMEarth
The idea of going Ostruppen in 1v1s is that you can get a squad without wasting time and just rush a key building or a cutoff heavy cover. Getting more than 4 squads will bleed you hard late game. In 1v1s get 2 squads of Ostruppen on the cutoff or the key building and just back cap with your pios and the other ostruppen.

Does anyone have a replay of osttruppen used effectively? I find it's better to just go the usual grens instead. Looking at the ESL statistics the good players seem to use osttruppen quite a lot.
13 May 2016, 17:47 PM

I recently saw very good play with Ostruppen in 3v3. I have uploaded it here.

A pity that the player who used it wasn't better with his tanks, and more careful about wipes, otherwise he might easily have won.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/52781/good-use-of-ostruppen-in-3v3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS