Login

russian armor

Great, they switch the MG spamfest to Ostheer

PAGES (8)down
12 Jul 2013, 09:27 AM

and encourage force every Soviet using clown cars to T70 or die

SERIOUSLY?

We want men to flank and attack, support weapon squad shouldn't win the war themselves.
Not some angry birds called themselves MG and shoot each other. This is a WWII game not WWI

Please Relic, give our conscripts and grens real guns and boots right away
12 Jul 2013, 10:16 AM

I didnt notice flanking mg is that hard... I play both, and as soviet its not that big of a difference, about +80hp... why u all mad? cuz u cant make duo sniper + SU-85 and automaticly win game? at least not german crew has a chance
And again they didnt get dmg buff or armor or anything other , just 80hp
12 Jul 2013, 10:20 AM

I didnt notice flanking mg is that hard... I play both, and as soviet its not that big of a difference, about +80hp... why u all mad? cuz u cant make duo sniper + SU-85 and automaticly win game? at least not german crew has a chance
And again they didnt get dmg buff or armor or anything other , just 80hp

2 MG42 is almost unflankable without clown cars, even you success to reach it, throwing one molotov, he pack up and let his sec shoot, only killing one MG42 crew member

and MG42 godmode in buldings making snipers cry lol
12 Jul 2013, 10:52 AM

The problems are buildings, not the MG42. Also maybe the Soviet mortar nerfs were a bit too harsh.
But the problem really is just in the buildings offering too good protection even vs. weapons intended to counter them.

Everything you described applies for the other side as well. German snipers are just as inefficient at dealing with buildings as the soviet snipers are.
12 Jul 2013, 10:56 AM

and soviets dont have godmode 120mm mortar with huuuge range? also m3+sniper nice range , and i dunno how ur m3 gets killed by mg.. u just need to micro around it, also duo mg early restricts his map control so u can gain advantage there , and main thing i hate when playing germans is when soviets enter buildings (germans lacking nades until tier 2 and even then they are nothing special), and u can intercept that mg with oorah, or if he manages to load u can molotov building
Also use smoke with soviet mortar if u are trying to flank...or load cons into m3, come up to a building molotov -> load cons back in and drive off , he has to reposition so u can catch him off guard
Imo many many options on flanking mg42, dunno why making such fuss about it :P
12 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM

and soviets dont have godmode 120mm mortar with huuuge range? also m3+sniper nice range , and i dunno how ur m3 gets killed by mg.. u just need to micro around it, also duo mg early restricts his map control so u can gain advantage there , and main thing i hate when playing germans is when soviets enter buildings (germans lacking nades until tier 2 and even then they are nothing special), and u can intercept that mg with oorah, or if he manages to load u can molotov building
Also use smoke with soviet mortar if u are trying to flank...or load cons into m3, come up to a building molotov -> load cons back in and drive off , he has to reposition so u can catch him off guard
Imo many many options on flanking mg42, dunno why making such fuss about it :P

I don't fuss as Soviet, I just won high level Soviet by spamming some MG42 only :P

http://www.coh2.org/replays/5220/the-rise-of-mg42-1

http://www.coh2.org/replays/5221/the-rise-of-mg42-2
12 Jul 2013, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 10:20 AMPorygon

2 MG42 is almost unflankable without clown cars, even you success to reach it, throwing one molotov, he pack up and let his sec shoot, only killing one MG42 crew member

Hmm, listen to yourself.

If he has 2 MG42's of course you can't attack just with conscripts from the front or try to flank the foremost mg being covered by the back mg. Remember, he will at most have one or 2 grens. Thus, if the MG's are both at the centre vp or wherever, just cap other areas of the map.

If he is comitting 2 mg's in one place and you don't want to build m3, then avoid them. Flanking a lone MG is totally doable with two script squads and molotov. You can even do it with one script squad if MG is alone and you use truesight/urrah/tov's.
12 Jul 2013, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:16 AMMauser

Hmm, listen to yourself.

If he has 2 MG42's he will at most have one or 2 grens. Thus, if the MG's are both at the centre vp or wherever, just cap other areas of the map. If he is comitting 2 mg's in one place and you dont want to build m3, then avoid them. Flanking one MG is totally doable with two script squads and molotov. You can even do it with one script squad if MG is alone and you use truesight/urrah/tov's.

Number 1 of Golden rule of Wehr and PE: Camp your stuff at enemy cut off, not a middle of nowhere

So as Ostheer :P
12 Jul 2013, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:20 AMPorygon

Number 1 of Golden rule of Wehr and PE: Camp your stuff at enemy cut off, not a middle of nowhere

So as Ostheer :P

Yes, assuming it is a cutoff map (kolodny summer/winter). I suggest get m3 if he double mg camps on those maps.

On ALL the other maps you can get around.

Also even on kholodny, you can go harass his fuel and take the north if you want to avoid his mg's at the cutoff
12 Jul 2013, 11:24 AM

Not to mention, incendiary round utterly demolishes clowncars. And vet on the HMG is extremely easy to attain if you spam them early combined with all the buffs.
12 Jul 2013, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:15 AMPorygon

I don't fuss as Soviet, I just win high level Soviet by spamming some MG42 only :P

http://www.coh2.org/replays/5220/the-rise-of-mg42-1

http://www.coh2.org/replays/5221/the-rise-of-mg42-2

LOL first time i see some mg42 spam... i dunno i find spamming redundant (except tanks <444>3 )
ive played vs mg spam once (3 mgs early game) and cons rly intercept nicely , also wires helps and ofc early mortar gets the job done ... i had luxury of picking those nice mgs and using them my self
I didnt find even maxim spamm that hard to deal with
Cheers :D
12 Jul 2013, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:22 AMMauser

Yes, assuming it is a cutoff map (kolodny summer/winter). I suggest get m3 if he double mg camps on those maps.

On ALL the other maps you can get around.

Also even on kholodny, you can go harass his fuel and take the north if you want to avoid his mg's at the cutoff

No need to teach me 1+1=2 dude, I have more than enough experience dealing with nooby MG spam in CoH1 with pure flanking
12 Jul 2013, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:24 AMMarxist

Not to mention, incendiary round utterly demolishes clowncars. And vet on the HMG is extremely easy to attain if you spam them early combined with all the buffs.

Getting vet 1 is quite hard, and also if soviet drives directly into line of fire of mg42 with vet, he should be punished. Not to mention there is ~1 second delay before incendiary ability is triggered.
12 Jul 2013, 11:36 AM

This forum is ridiculously negative. TS makes a complaint. Then argues with people who respond.

If you have a specific balance issue mention it and suggest a change. Maybe even provide a replay illustrating it. I haven't had a problem with Osteer MG's.

Here's a news flash people - COH 2 ISN'T COH 1. ITS A DIFFERENT GAME.

Learn to play it. Don't just do what worked in CoH 1.
12 Jul 2013, 11:38 AM

1 second delay, hell no. It forces a complete reload (6sec).

@Porygon: Don't be so negative. I am pretty sure its still easyer to flank German Mgs than Soviets, because of Orah! and the Setuptime. Conscripts kill German Mgs still faster than Grens kill Maxims. (Grens and Cons do the same damage per rifle, but Grens have 1.5 Armor. Hmgteams have 1 armor. Therefore Cons do 1,5x damage to Mgs.)

Also Molotov.
Furthermore Soviets are better against buildings (Molotov)(longer setuptime).

Soviet Snipers are still better. (Not sure about the changed mortars).

If your enemy has too many MGs they get utterly destroyed by Scoutcars, and Soviets can have them faster than FlamerHT.

Aaaand: Just wait a bit more before crying op.
12 Jul 2013, 11:39 AM

This forum is ridiculously negative. TS makes a complaint. Then argues with people who respond.

If you have a specific balance issue mention it and suggest a change. Maybe even provide a replay illustrating it. I haven't had a problem with Osteer MG's.

I can't agree more. People tend to jump on their horses before actually trying out a lot of stuff. Balancing takes time and relic are doing it right by taking it one step at a time.
12 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

Replays exist in this thread: YES
Suggests exist in this thread: YES

LOL

The number of lazy L2P reply is damn too high

And ROFL, I am the Ostheer player, saying they wrongly buff the MG42, then tell me L2P
12 Jul 2013, 11:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Actually it shouldnt be easy to flank 2mgs. Well microed MG's is hard to flank anyway. I dont see a problem here.
12 Jul 2013, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:25 AMPorygon

No need to teach me 1+1=2 dude, I have more than enough experience dealing with nooby MG spam in CoH1 with pure flanking

Ok, then why do you have trouble dealing with it in COH2? We are not talking about "nooby mg spam" here, you said "2 mg's are almost unflankeable" and I explained why that statement doesn't hold water. 2 mg's is not "nooby mg spam".

I was merely showing how two german mg's although powerful is nowhere near unbeatable as soviets.
12 Jul 2013, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 11:44 AMSpanky

Actually it shouldnt be easy to flank 2mgs. Well microed MG's is hard to flank anyway. I dont see a problem here.

I know it shouldn't be easy, but success flank should be rewarded. Now, meh
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight