Login

russian armor

Ost + OKW vs Double USSR

24 Apr 2016, 12:12 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/52103/ost-okw-vs-double-ussr

Lost the game, but unsure what I did wrong to allow it to have snowballed to that stage where our base was stormed and all.
24 Apr 2016, 14:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I'm on it. But 58 min game for random game can't be that worse i guess :)
26 Apr 2016, 06:38 AM

I'm on it. But 58 min game for random game can't be that worse i guess :)

Did you get around to it? :p
27 Apr 2016, 00:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

He probably just forgot :P

Does your partner in this happen to be a Random?
27 Apr 2016, 01:48 AM

Yeah, he is random.
27 Apr 2016, 09:44 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

No I did not!

But was stressfull week :)

Today its the 3 day lol^^
27 Apr 2016, 10:04 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

1. Why you have Kessel doc in your layout? ( its your middle doc) There are better docs for 2vs2. For example jukafly with command Piv. Or lightingwar with tiger. Even tigerace maybe; or Closeairsupport or ...

2. Aorund 1.30 min you attack with your mg the enemie house. I can promise you vs better players you will fail! Their untis stand afk near the house and could just easy jump in the house. when you move with your mg to it.

3. min 3.30 you have 560 manpower. Use them^^. Tech/Build T2 or get a mortar out or build a fuel/muni cache

4. In the whole game you did not capped the left bottom connecntion point near to your base. Do that! Its 5 muni and 3 fuel!!

5. min 5.20 700 manpower and now you start to build T2

6. Enemies had no fuel and are both Soviets. You could go for 1 222 and 1 Hafttreck, so you can reinforce at the front. ( You went for 2 222)

7. Over 2 mins your both 222 had 0 contact to enemies. Use them when you have them on the field. There is a small timewindow where you can rock the field with them until enemies have something vs it.

8. Your good vet 2 Mg is afk in your base for some time ( you had only this one)

9. Enemies have pak and 2 Su76 out and you go for a PIV on this Map? Better get a Stug and a Ostwind. Or Ostwind with paks. But Piv will have big problem vs them.

10. In the whole game you had 0 upgrade for your Grens--> LMG

11. min 20 you have 900 manpower but not Popcap. Do something. ( best thign is get fuel/muni caches)

12. You have only 1 piv on the fiel that is your anti tank after 20 min. You built 3 Panzergrens. Why no pak?

13. You could get a 2 mg on the field vs the cons with ppsh. ( we are around 30 min)

14. 30 min 1000 manpower!

15. min 33 you have 3 Panzergrens on the field, but no shrek upgrade. Atleast use one. Enemies had many su76 and t34/85.

16. After 35 min you both get only 13 muni per min. Thats not much. Help your mate on your/our own munipoint or attack the enemies one. But you played too passiv in mid/lategame

17. In the whoel game you guys had no indirect fire. That a importan thing. Enemie soviet player had 1 Kata: 42!! kills and 2 Soviets arty: 72!! kills

18. Yes your OKW mate was not that well. But acutally enemie were not that pro as well :) But they used indirect fire. which acutally is the reason why they won the game!

I hope you can understand my points and I could help you.

27 Apr 2016, 12:23 PM

- Snip

So in a nutshell

- Stop floating MP, use them
- Use more indirect fire, eg: Mortar halftrack, Pwerfer
- Micro units more, especially those sitting in base doing nothing
- Get upgrades for gren
- Cap any leftover points since the resources add up

Will do :D
27 Apr 2016, 16:21 PM

No I did not!

But was stressfull week :)

Today its the 3 day lol^^

https://www.coh2.org/replay/52241/replay-review-use-not-entertaining

If bothered, mind looking into that for me as well?
27 Apr 2016, 18:14 PM
Patrion 14

https://www.coh2.org/replay/52241/replay-review-use-not-entertaining

If bothered, mind looking into that for me as well?

All right, i'm too lazy to do a play-by-play, but I will give you some general pointers and critiques.

1) Your sniper play was far too passive, especially in the early game. There were long amount of time where your sniper would sit passively waiting for something, even when you knew where the enemy had his maxims at. Building an early sniper is a 360mp investment, so you should always get to work on paying back your investment by bleeding the enemy, especially when he is so support weapon heavy.

2) You keep your mg in a building far from your sniper (which it should be protecting), and as a result it does very little early game. The MG42 is one of the best MGs in the game, and when combined with the Ostheer sniper and a grenadier squad, forms a trifecta of pain in the early game. Always have it nearby so it can support your sniper from enemy squads and light vehicles and so your sniper can spot for it.

3) You do not build a mortar despite fighting nothing but support weapons and partisans.

4) You quickly teched and built a flamer halftrack. That is perfectly fine, but then you proceeded to sit passively for another while with your infantry, while you sent your flamer halftrack all alone without sweeper support, despite knowing that your enemy had gone for partisans, and could plant mines everywhere and pop out AT squads anywhere. Your flamer halftrack proceeds to wander behind enemy lines, drive in front of several maxims, and die to small arms fire because you overextended and became trapped.

5) One thing you must never do in COH2 is sit passively. Always poke out with scouts (like your sniper) to figure out where the enemy is and attack him where he is weakest/ not expecting it. Due to your passivity, your opponent manages to buy several partisan squads to wreck your ally.

6) You do not build any AT by the 9 minute mark, despite knowing that your opponent has held their fuel the entire game. You should know that light armor of some form WILL be arriving at some point, and you should already be prepared, whether with a pak40 or a panzerschreck squad. You are floating ~900 MP before you realize how much you are floating. You decide to buy 2 ostruppen to replenish your losses (makes sense), a pak40 (to kill armor), and a 3rd mg42. The MG42 is a waste of mp, since you already have 2, and are not using either of them at all.

7) You miss your best chance of kocking out a t70 when it drives up to your 2 osttruppen squads. Despite having many munitions in the bank, you opt to retreat rather than faust it to death. However, you also faust it twice, which is a waste of munitions if you are immediatly going to retreat, since even a single faust will damage the engine.

8) You build another two osttruppen squads, and now have a primary composition of 4 osttrupen, 3 mg42s, 1 sniper, 1 pak40, and 1 pioneer. This unit composition cannot attack anything. Always have at least a few units that can attack effectively (such as panzergrenadiers). As a result of your force composition, you sit passively and do not even move to support your ally who is soloing two players.

9) You let yourself get flanked by 4 t70s, because you didn't take the time to mine your flanks, or invest in any more than a single pak gun. You also did not support your ally, and let his flank collapse, leaving you exposed.

10) You build a puma, despite having the fuel (and tech structure) to build a panzer4. You then proceed to send it alone behind enemy lies and lose it immediately.

11) At this point, the game is already lost. You have lost too many units, and not made enough of an impact. Your ally has wasted all of his units, and it is only the idiocy of your opponents that keep you in the game for the next 20 minutes.

In conclusion, you need to:

-Keep track of your resources and spend them as soon as you can.

-Be more aggressive, always poke at the enemy whenever you have a moment of silence.

-Mine your flanks, so that you know you are protected from enemy flanks.

-Support your ally. Its better to have 6 troops on the front led by a nitwit than nothing.

-Work on your unit preservation. There were many instances where you lost squads because you didn't retreat them fast enough. Keep track of all your units at the top right of your screen, and retreat immediately from a battle you know to be a lost cause. You should also never send your vehicles out unsupported behind enemy lines.
28 Apr 2016, 05:36 AM

Snip

Will try to do this :D

More aggressive sniper/ MG play
More units
Better timing for AT
no more Yolo rush with vehicles
Get mine sweepers
Mine my side
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 18