Login

russian armor

Ostheer Arty Officier - Coordinated "Badaaaboom!"

23 Apr 2016, 12:18 PM

So long expected "axis thread" from sometime ago famous author of "Overpowered news". Don't forget your pop-corn, gents:

Ostheer artillery officier is really TOP-officier unit in game. Smokearty, incredible accuracy buff and... coordinated barrage ability. If first two are useful and awesome, last one is pretty... strange. From my own expeience I should say, that for all those years that I played in CoH 2 as ostheer I always took doctrines with that guy and used coordinated barrage 2-3 times at all.

Problem here is simple, It's easy to understand, where they "stole" that ability for officier. In vCoH britan Capitan had absolutely same "coordinated barrage ability".

But, there that ability wokred little different. It caused all 25 pounder emplacements to shoot at coordinated position no matter of barrage cooldown or (that's important) - range of fire of howitzers. You actually could coordinate fire from your base to base of your enemy with Capitan, lol. But that was pretty dangerous. And one more - that ability costed nothing, was absolutely free.

In CoH 2 that ability also forces ALL (not only howitzers), but ALL artillery units to make barrages on coordinated area ignoring cooldowns... but not ignoring their range of fire. And it's not free here - costs 60 or 80 ammo for use, don't remember clearly, so "often" I use it. And those 2 things makes that ability pretty useless.

What would I change for to make that ability more usefull for such artillery-nerds like me:

1. Mortars should ignore that "coordinated barrage" ability. I don't know, do they react now on that command, but when I tried to use it few years ago last time they packed up and moved under enemy fire for to do their own "coordinated barrage". It was same annoying as running to USF capitan HMG teams and AT gun crews on "On me!" command.

2. Make that ability ignore ranges of fire of rocket/howitzer artillery. That ability will be after that pretty like "UKF's coordinated fire". From base to anywhere with 25 pounders, yeaaa! It will be same, but for LeFHs and PWerfers. It won't be OP at all, Im sure. Of couse, won't work on enemie's HQ area.

3. Make it cost more, maybe 100 ammo. Just like UKF's coordinated fire. Will be pretty fair. And big reload on that ability. 2-3 minutes maybe.

I guess, all those changes will make artillery officier into real artillery officier, cos right now, people mostly use him not for improve field artillery, but for use that super-cool accuracy/fireing speed (for vechiles) buff.

What do we think about it, folks?

P.S. Im still MissCommissar, so - OFFICIERS FOR USSR REQUIERED IMMIDEATLY, RELIC!!! Commissars, Politruks, Stalin himself - I don't care. How long USSR will be only faction without field commanders?!
23 Apr 2016, 14:17 PM

Its actually getting an indirect buff this patch from the lower teching cost for Ostheer, meaning more werfers are likely to hit the field.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
United States 16
United States 48
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %