Login

russian armor

US/USSR need a better generalist tank!

22 Apr 2016, 11:26 AM

Another allie's fanboy...

Don't you understand, that T-34-76 is AWESOME TANK! No matter, that it is your only hope in late, if you don't take doctrine with tanks, no matter, that it comes so late, no matter, that it suck to any other tank... IT'S AWESOME, YOU CAN SPAM IT!!! AND THEN FEED PANTHERS WITH FREE FRAGS AND VETERACNY, BRO!!!

And your statement about M4A3... ridiculous. M4A3 was top-middle-tank in game, before Cromwells came. Those chaning rounds - it's perfect agianst all targets, you understand it?! Ignore, that Panzer 4 is same effective against all targets with 1 type of rounds, ignore, that M4A3 is your only middle tank late, if you didn't take E8 or Persh. And, of course, ignore, that it is pretty paper.
IT'S STILL OP!!!

But... I think we should imporve AI power of Panther, I think it should not only dominate over allie's tanks, but also over allie's infantry. Because, you know - Im axis-retard, duuurp.

It's kind of ironic that you sarcastically talk about allied fanboyism as if it doesn't exist and go around imitating "axis-retards" when you yourself seem to be a fairly good example of someone with very biased opinions. Do you ever argue in favor of axis buffs? I bet if you were an axis fan you'd be complaining about how annoying the m4a3 HE rounds are, but instead you on the other side of the fence so you go on about how p4 doesn't need to switch rounds, it just kills everything. Right.

You would need to change a lot of things in the game to make the tanks non-doctrinal, and it would no question be a buff to both of the factions in question. The allies are already good, arguably slightly better.(although it's quite even imo, idgaf about 3v3 or 4v4) How are you going to balance out these buffs? Or would tipping the scales in the allies direction be a favorable result?
22 Apr 2016, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 11:26 AMGramses

It's kind of ironic that you sarcastically talk about allied fanboyism as if it doesn't exist and go around imitating "axis-retards" when you yourself seem to be a fairly good example of someone with very biased opinions. Do you ever argue in favor of axis buffs?

You would need to change a lot of things in the game to make the tanks non-doctrinal, and it would no question be a buff to both of the factions in question. The allies are already good, arguably slightly better.(although it's quite even imo, idgaf about 3v3 or 4v4) How are you going to balance out these buffs? Or would tipping the scales in the allies direction be a favorable result?

Well, asking for OKW-Hummels (sFH18s) instead of shitty Hetzer sounds like "axis buff". Asking for "make MP-40s more effective at mid-range, since they are so poor in close" is also sounds like "axis buff". Also, I stand against 95% of new things, coming to OKW, like "no schrecks for volks" or "pay for getting medics/repairmens". Schreckblobs weren't so big problem last time, cos we get Calliopes, Mattresses and such stuff, which was really effective against them. And paying additional MP for medics/repairs, when I already will have to spend additional MP on Puphens... Do they even understand, how much MP will require OKW for to be effective!? Right now it will be same headache to play as OKW, like playing as USSR - no AT infantry. It's really annoying, more annoying then absence of HMG. And we will feel it soon.

I just don't write about all of it, because mostly, people already discussed it - there is no reason to start it again. But... people ignore a lot of problem connected with USSR and USF - that's why it might look like I "sovietbiased" and non-objective 1-faction player. Each faction has it's own problems, whcih should be solved. But USSR has so much and so serious, that I feel, that they should be fixed first.

About balancing buffs - we should talk about each buff individual, but I think, that USSR needs buffs, which not should be "balanced" with something. Like buffing 222 car without consequences.

22 Apr 2016, 12:26 PM

Usa has crew system that provide free healing. Don't need to be stronger
22 Apr 2016, 12:32 PM

Well, asking for OKW-Hummels (sFH18s) instead of shitty Hetzer sounds like "axis buff". Asking for "make MP-40s more effective at mid-range, since they are so poor in close" is also sounds like "axis buff". Also, I stand against 95% of new things, coming to OKW, like "no schrecks for volks" or "pay for getting medics/repairmens". Schreckblobs weren't so big problem last time, cos we get Calliopes, Mattresses and such stuff, which was really effective against them. And paying additional MP for medics/repairs, when I already will have to spend additional MP on Puphens... Do they even understand, how much MP will require OKW for to be effective!? Right now it will be same headache to play as OKW, like playing as USSR - no AT infantry. It's really annoying, more annoying then absence of HMG. And we will feel it soon.

I just don't write about all of it, because mostly, people already discussed it - there is no reason to start it again. But... people ignore a lot of problem connected with USSR and USF - that's why it might look like I "sovietbiased" and non-objective 1-faction player. Each faction has it's own problems, whcih should be solved. But USSR has so much and so serious, that I feel, that they should be fixed first.

About balancing buffs - we should talk about each buff individual, but I think, that USSR needs buffs, which not should be "balanced" with something. Like buffing 222 car without consequences.

Well id say hummel falls in the same category as priest and sexton, both of which people tend to feel underperform relative to counterparts such as pwerfer, katyusha and stuka. I don't even understand this shreckblob thing, if you don't screen your tanks with infantry you're dumb, and with shrecks volks really do suck against infantry. A couple of riflemen with weapon upgrades will tear apart 4 volks squads with shrecks easily. I always laugh when I see someone mass retreat an entire blob all at once, its pretty sad.

I don't think there are huge problems with SU or USF, there are things that aren't the way you'd like them to be but the game needs balance. I'd probably enjoy playing SU a lot more myself with non doctrinal t34/85s, but from a balance perspective it's a big, unnecessary change.
23 Apr 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 10:37 AMUGBEAR

280/80*3 = 840/240>>>>>>>>Panther, L2 Learn some kindergarten math

https://www.coh2.org/topic/51924/fallschirmjager-lmg34-upgrade-unlock

BTW, falls are fine, no LMG needed

No teching cost? geez get a fucking brain.
23 Apr 2016, 18:20 PM

As someone how has been very vocal about the state of Soviet armour I think that the balance preview will fix it. A useful su85 and a t34 that has the ability to kill infantry outside of RNG wipes... Brilliant! Ive been spamming t34/76 in 4v lately and using them to support jacksons and fireflys is amazing, ram to stun (even managed to immobilize a KT) while units that shoot steel instead of Nerf secure the kill... The problem was that the su85 was an RNG machine gun...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★