Login

russian armor

My Ost Build Strategy

19 Apr 2016, 13:22 PM

Hey folks, not my usual jam talking about strategies - mainly because when I play I refuse to play to meta. But recently I started playing a build that seems to play well for once actually pushing me up to 340 for Whermact 1v1 before I got bored and started trying a different strategy. It's very similar to the Ostruppen build orders before except with an emphasis on rushing towards Armour and still getting the Infantry Company to get access to fausts.

Now I'm not really the best at typing long detailed build orders with sick images and guides, nor do I want to. So instead I got a recording of the first times I tried this strategy and talked through my though processes as I watched the game.As I mentioned previously it got me pretty high before I got bored and tried to replace the Ostruppen with Assault Grenadiers.... I'm in the 900's now. R.I.P. Hopes and Dreams

Anyway I digress, I'd like to see your opinions on the strat and how high you'd reckon it could go if played by a half decent player, I'm genuinely curious because though it lacks late game it can get you there quickly, especially with the manpower you save and the defensive utility of the HMG42.

(It's part of my Press T to Retreat series because I don't generally like showing of my silly tactics to the world so effort creating a new series.)
21 Apr 2016, 15:38 PM

Intresting strategy. Unfortunatly I´m still missing the Osttruppen Doc so I cant test it myself.

So many MGs will probably backfire at me greatly because i´m not that good at microing them.

Anyways I´d whish there´d be more videos like this where people show off their strats and explain them. Would help me alot.
21 Apr 2016, 15:41 PM

Anything that involves the glorious Osttruppen has my attention.
22 Apr 2016, 05:12 AM

So I've played a bit more of this strat again and it seems that it is vital to cement an advantage before the 30 minute mark otherwise you start to loose a lot of power. Ostruppen unsurprisingly, don't scale as well as riflemen, infantry sections or even conscripts and really start to become useless as even meat shields and the Artillery and armour starts making support weapon usage a living nightmare.

I've also noticed that the build is very reliant on certain maps, which means any maps that are open and present little choke points can make this strategy difficult to pull off.

The MG42s are especially a difficult thing to keep going against soviets since their mortars and Zis-3/SU-76's can easily decrew you if you're not paying attention.

Overall it's still a solid strategy but requires some careful micro to pull off.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak