Login

russian armor

OBK Explanation

13 Apr 2016, 08:52 AM

I'm a fairly new player to COH2 but not to RTS(was plat in SC2)and am curious about a lot of option that the OBK have and what I can do against them, I don't know if this post belongs in this exact forum but i'm sure a mod will move it. I mainly play 2v2, myself as British and my friend as US but it seems like I don't have many ways to combat a good OBK player. I have been using the well known Northweapon guide on 2v2 British but after we have secured a good half of the map it feels like the OBK has a better unit than what I do but for cheaper. I feel as though their infantry(starting unit, they may be their engineers) completely shut mine out so I cannot get aggressive if I try to build a mortar pit instead and it is quickly rushed down or the enemy mortars take mine out rather quickly since mine is static. If they lay their base down its got the turret on top that suppresses and penetrates armor so there's no getting past that defense. The OBK also back cap better than I can assume dominance, are the OBK the clear cut best army in this game or am I horribly misusing the British faction? Is there anyway to counter or stop the OBK from assuming dominance with their base-turret? What are the weakness of the OBK and how do I exploit and abuse it? Finally, what is the strength of the British army? I refuse to give up at this game, this is not a salt thread but rather a thread asking for help. Any and all tips are welcomed aside from shutting down my cry for help by saying "L2P", "Get better", or "Show Playercard".
13 Apr 2016, 08:57 AM

Try playing as them
13 Apr 2016, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 08:57 AMHitman5
Try playing as them

I appreciate the response but that answer fell very short as to answer the questions in my post.
13 Apr 2016, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 08:52 AMKalaise
I'm a fairly new player to COH2 but not to RTS(was plat in SC2)and am curious about a lot of option that the OBK have and what I can do against them, I don't know if this post belongs in this exact forum but i'm sure a mod will move it. I mainly play 2v2, myself as British and my friend as US but it seems like I don't have many ways to combat a good OBK player. I have been using the well known Northweapon guide on 2v2 British but after we have secured a good half of the map it feels like the OBK has a better unit than what I do but for cheaper. I feel as though their infantry(starting unit, they may be their engineers) completely shut mine out so I cannot get aggressive if I try to build a mortar pit instead and it is quickly rushed down or the enemy mortars take mine out rather quickly since mine is static. If they lay their base down its got the turret on top that suppresses and penetrates armor so there's no getting past that defense. The OBK also back cap better than I can assume dominance, are the OBK the clear cut best army in this game or am I horribly misusing the British faction? Is there anyway to counter or stop the OBK from assuming dominance with their base-turret? What are the weakness of the OBK and how do I exploit and abuse it? Finally, what is the strength of the British army? I refuse to give up at this game, this is not a salt thread but rather a thread asking for help. Any and all tips are welcomed aside from shutting down my cry for help by saying "L2P", "Get better", or "Show Playercard".

- Have you considered posting in strategy section, post a replay of yours for recommendations of your game play instead of posting in balance section ? Posting in this thread imply you are blaming balance

- Balance section is not really recommended for new players ^^ and not even for good ones, this section is a trash section :P

- Generally we use OKW and not OBK

- And please, give some space in your wall of text ;D
13 Apr 2016, 09:08 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 08:52 AMKalaise
The OBK also back cap better than I can assume dominance, are the OBK the clear cut best army in this game or am I horribly misusing the British faction? Is there anyway to counter or stop the OBK from assuming dominance with their base-turret?

OKW/OBK has access to units quicker/cheaper than the Brits, so them having more units than them is normal, more units -> more map control. Brit infantry is stronger though (in cover).

13 Apr 2016, 09:23 AM

Multiple Vickers (at least two) into emplacements or multiple Vickers into Cromwells is typical. Trying to fight OKW with just infantry sections early in the game is really difficult (British infantry have trouble with OKW grenades and Sturmpioneers) - though once upgraded, infantry sections can more than handle themselves.

Persoanlly I think Cromwell spam is really the way to go. They're good against OKW infantry and are significantly cheaper than comparable OKW armour.
13 Apr 2016, 09:43 AM
13 Apr 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 09:03 AMBlalord

- Have you considered posting in strategy section, post a replay of yours for recommendations of your game play instead of posting in balance section ? Posting in this thread imply you are blaming balance

- Balance section is not really recommended for new players ^^ and not even for good ones, this section is a trash section :P

- Generally we use OKW and not OBK

- And please, give some space in your wall of text ;D
Alright man I'll edit the text so there's some space and throw this bad boy in the strategy section, thanks
16 Apr 2016, 16:37 PM

vickers and sections, bread and butter of any british play.

fight at range, in cover, sections arguably beat everything okw can throw at them. use vickers and infantry upgrades to match numerically superior okw. be smart with ur 1st section, dont rush towards heavily contested points against a sturmpioneer, you are going to get rekt. instead wait out for vickers and try to pin them down instead.

you have machine guns, use them. they work wonders against the infantry heavy playstyle of okw. use sections to locate infantry and then bring up vickers to pin them down. redeploy sections to cover flanks and focus fire on flanking infantry squads.

dont go mortar pits against okw, more often than not, its a 400mp drain since you do not need to go up against set up teams. put these resources into bolster squads/brens & piats. upgrade ur sections and watch them chew through volks/sturms.

next, read the opponents. if your vickers use is good, likely they are going to need vehicles to counter you, either flak halftracks or luchs, regardless, you are going to need AT guns. a fairly decent midgame build will be 3 sections, 1 vickers, and 1 AT gun with brens/piats upgraded. sappers can be purchased after AT guns to hold piats and lay mines to support against flanking armour.

from here on out, its all about cromwells and fireflies as well as preserving your vetted squads.
16 Apr 2016, 17:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Balance to UKF Strategies .
20 Apr 2016, 18:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

1. If youre new, you shouldnt start with british imo. Start with Eastern front, ostheer(which in turn helps with learning brits) or soviets(very straightforward faction)

2. Weakness of okw is suppression, mass lmgs, and indirect fire. Basically alot of machine gun fire, cutting them down and then blowing them up. So if you still intend on playing brits as your first faction, you should get really good with the vickers(or mg42) HMG, learn to a-move your sections "properly" and properly use cover , as well as learning good mortar pit spots..

3. The "base turret" or "t4" okw has is easily killed by either sieging it with AT guns and HMG support if its in an aggressive position, or by using one of the amazing british commander arty abilities (air superiority from Commando, concentrated fire operation from Special weapons, Anvil boosted coordinated barrage from Royal artillery) if its in a "tough" position where the AT guns cant really hit or it forces you to overextend.

4 I can give you more tips and in more detail but to be most effective we'll have to narrow this all down to things like "handling sturmpios" or "handling blobs" and handle it issue by issue instead of being so general/ all over the place
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★