Login

russian armor

Special Weapon Regiment Conscripts with PIATS and Vickers

7 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM

I need some general tips for a strategy. My plan is to go Soviet reserve army and have my Brit ally go SWR, and use the weapon truck to make a horde of conscripts with Vickers and PIATs. Any tips or ideas for how I might go about that? I wanna use reserve army to use rapid conscription to build up a con horde and also to have the ppsh option. My idea is that cons with piats would be great because they can snare and then hit tanks with the piats, and that the low MU cost would make it easy to use RS to make even more cons. Plus if the cons can't get to the tank to snare it, i can always use the AT spartisans to do that. Meanwhile cons with vickers should be devestating against infantry, right? One issue I'm seeing is that the brit player will be low on ammo.
8 Apr 2016, 21:08 PM

It's not a bad idea for a strategy.

If you are going to try this, there are a few things you can do to optimize the strategy.

- Focus on munition points more than on fuel points
- Get a munitions cashe or two in the mid game
- Pick a Soviet doctrine with ammo dumps, otherwise you will be floating massive amounts of munitions
- Soviet player has to lay all the mines, so get at least 2 engineer squads and also lay mines on your allies part of the map
9 Apr 2016, 13:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I hadn't thought about mines but you're definitely right about that.
9 Apr 2016, 14:25 PM

One fun fact about your strategy is that Vickers light machine guns are actually better on conscripts than they are on Tommies, because Tommies get an accuracy penalty when they are out of cover that is lifted when they are in cover (it's not actually a bonus, eventhough the game would suggest it is a bonus). This means that special weapons are always better on non-Tommie squads then they are on Tommie squads. Conscripts armed with vickers LMGs will always do full damage with them, unlike Tommies who will only do full damage when in cover.
9 Apr 2016, 15:04 PM

Piats + AT nade. Sounds nice, i think i'll try that.
9 Apr 2016, 16:59 PM

forward hq and piats so funny in LAGleise
10 Apr 2016, 01:31 AM

What about Vickers wielding penals? They get a mean accuracy bonus with vet, right?
11 Apr 2016, 07:45 AM

What about Vickers wielding penals? They get a mean accuracy bonus with vet, right?

They are really strong DPS wise with 3 stars and 2 Vickers, they could overshoot almost any enemy squad 1v1, except obers in cover with MG. But the problem is T1/penals opening, witch could fails miserably,and saving slot for double mgs, so no flamers for you.
11 Apr 2016, 08:34 AM

Meanwhile cons with vickers should be devestating against infantry, right?

Yes.
Until you run into a wall of MG42's
11 Apr 2016, 12:39 PM

I'll try this with my britbro tonight.
11 Apr 2016, 13:14 PM

Yes.
Until you run into a wall of MG42's

Would keeping a mortar pit or two up be enough to cope with that? Or should I get some Soviet mortars? Or maybe shocks for the smoke nades?

Also would giving shocks or guards piats or Vickers ever make sense? I don't think it would but maybe shocks with Vickers could work? Would that make them good at all ranges or meh at all ranges?

11 Apr 2016, 15:05 PM

For shocks - no, it will make 4PPSh useless on optimal lmg range and lmgs useless at advance and close range, also their far accuracy is lower than conscripts far accuracy. For guards - well, they already have DPs, its 75mu for double mgs with 6.5 DPS at far or 60mu for single 8 DPS mg, it isn't huge difference, theoretically you could lose your AT rifles and make 4 lmg squad, but its almost impossible to do.
12 Apr 2016, 06:22 AM

Firstly you must understand, this is fun/unusual strategy, but its weaker than any mete strategy.
13 Apr 2016, 03:01 AM

level 3 is way too long to wait if you want this to have an impact.

doesnt work as far as i can tell
13 Apr 2016, 15:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do not try this with con PPSHs equipped, it fills up 6 weapon slots and you will start dropping your brens or piats when you lose one man.
13 Apr 2016, 22:00 PM

level 3 is way too long to wait if you want this to have an impact.

doesnt work as far as i can tell

Nah, it's still good. 3 CP is nothing.
14 Apr 2016, 02:50 AM

Nah, it's still good. 3 CP is nothing.

I'm thinking of using it less for time window impact and more to build up a Soviet version of shreck volks, which are good the whole game. Compared to volks they'd cost less mp, have better durability, sprint, more damage, and a snare! Piats are trickier than shrecks but I think with at nades and some attack ground it wouldn't be that bad. Haven't actually tried this yet as I haven't had a chance to play the game recently. QQ can you tell me more about your experience with it? Did it end up just being kinda meh? I'd be curious to see the replay if you wouldn't mind posting it. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

@Newvan - I'm okay with it not being as effective as meta stuff as I'm not really at the point where it's suboptimal build orders that make me lose.
14 Apr 2016, 02:53 AM

What about this - spawn at partisans, have them equip piats, then attack ground with flamers until they drop their shrecks, then put shrecks on cons? Getting shreck cons is worth a few partisans, right?
14 Apr 2016, 03:32 AM

I'm thinking of using it less for time window impact and more to build up a Soviet version of shreck volks, which are good the whole game.

What's really fun is having a soviet halftrack and a brit halftrack both driving around with 2 double bren squads. It's absurd how much damage output they have. A PIAT halftrack could be great for flanking tanks as well to support your armour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★