Login

russian armor

I broke my Concentrated Sexton Barrage

5 Apr 2016, 20:11 PM
Donator 11

...and I have no idea how to fix it. So. The Valentine has the Concentrated Sexton Barrage ability which calls the Sexton's hidden supercharged barrage ability via something called victor target. Both of these abilities are present on the relevant vehicles and my Valentine ability properly references the Sexton ability. Yet when calling the former, the latter does nothing, even if said Sexton has not fired its own barrage directly beforehand. Why not? Seems like as long as the victor target part references the correct ability (which is hard to get wrong thanks to how the Attribute Editor works), then it should work, and I've only made minimal changes to the relevant abilities:
  • Valentine ability: Changed cost and target (tp_position instead of tp_any)
  • Sexton ability: Changed num_salvo and shared_timer (squad_ability_2 instead of squad_ability_1)

I've tried reversing these changes and it makes no difference. Now I have made more substantial changes to the actual Valentine and Sexton, along with all vehicles in my mod, but I wouldn't think that those would affect whether Concentrated Sexton Barrage works or not. Am I wrong?
6 Apr 2016, 12:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In the victor target action within the Valentine's ability, did you properly reference the Sexton's new ability? (Stupid question, I know. Just making sure, since that happens to me all the time!)

Did you perhaps modify the Sexton's weapon hardpoints so that the wrong one is used by the ability? The Supercharged Barrage normally uses hardpoint 3, yet it also needs hardpoint 1 to be present in its requirements.

The artillery action for the Supercharged Rounds also disables the weapon's parent hardpoint. Did you maybe set the parent hardpoint to 1, so that it gets disabled when trying to fire the supercharged rounds, causing the requirements not to be met any more?

That's all I can think of at the moment. It probably has to do with a change you made to the Sexton's weapons and hardpoints, so check all those you modified.
6 Apr 2016, 16:36 PM
Donator 11

Nah, I didn't make any changes in the Sexton's combat_ext, so everything is as it should be. That's why this is so frustrating - by all accounts it should be working, and yet somehow it's not.
6 Apr 2016, 20:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Have you tried setting validate_actions to False for the abilities? That helped me once, if I remember correctly.

What other changes did you make to the Valentine and Sexton? There must be something that's related to this problem in some way. Otherwise, I'm clueless as well. Sorry!
6 Apr 2016, 22:38 PM
Donator 11

Just tried validate_actions: false and it made no difference. Here is an overview of my changes:
  • Sexton in sbps: small changes in squad_ui_ext and squad_veterency_ext
  • Valentine in sbps: small changes in squad_ui_ext and squad_veterency_ext, plus reference to renamed ability (the one which triggers the victor target business - I already tried using the unmodified/unrenamed one here to no avail).
  • Sexton in ebps: changes to crush_ext, health_ext and moving_ext
  • Valentine in ebps: changes to crush_ext, health_ext and population_ext, plus references a new prioritize vehicle ability and in action_apply_ext has an action to prevent the turret moving when neutral.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★