Login

russian armor

Eastern Front becoming an official CoH expansion?

28 Mar 2016, 07:04 AM

I know there have been talks about this before but I was just wondering, since it's on Steam right now but it's a private game for which you need a code to access, maybe if it would become an official expansion it would mean the dev team can actually fix and balance anything that needs it and extended support for the game, maybe even a player surge and a few more bucks on the side for Relic.
28 Mar 2016, 07:19 AM

Official coh expansion what? The eastern front is already a part of coh 2.
28 Mar 2016, 07:31 AM

He's clearly talking about the Eastern Front mod that already exists. He isn't talking about creating new content now from nothing.
28 Mar 2016, 11:29 AM

Yeah I read that post about Relic considering making an Eastern Front expansion for CoH but they couldn't do the snow right or something like that because of the limited engine, but to be honest since ColdTech now became optional in CoH 2 it's all about the feeling in CoH which is well portrayed in the Battle of the Bulge mod and in Europe at War's Ardennes Assault maps, as far as I know it's modified rain, basically, and fits in perfectly, sure it doesn't add to stats and stuff like in CoH 2 but it stills feels like the units are fighting in snow.
31 Mar 2016, 00:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't expect SEGA having interest in 9-year-old game. The DoW2 content was shocking enough, I wouldn't expect miracles!

That being said, if they could be convinced, I'd say EF's definitely Xpac quality and I'd agree the remaining work to make it commercial wouldn't be too much.
31 Mar 2016, 07:06 AM

EF mod is better made than COH2's SU and OH, I'm shocked that Lelic hasn't considered hiring them, like Firaxis with Long War Team.
31 Mar 2016, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 00:11 AMVuther
I wouldn't expect SEGA having interest in 9-year-old game. The DoW2 content was shocking enough, I wouldn't expect miracles!

That being said, if they could be convinced, I'd say EF's definitely Xpac quality and I'd agree the remaining work to make it commercial wouldn't be too much.

Exactly! Especially if they can continue to maintain it.
1 Apr 2016, 02:53 AM

Official coh expansion what? The eastern front is already a part of coh 2.

COH central not COH2 Central
4 Apr 2016, 16:23 PM

As a small part of the balance section of EF mod's team I can say that the current goal is full steam release.
If any of you is interested in playing the "closed" beta you should ask http://steamcommunity.com/id/darcreaver/ for a key.

Having game on steam means easier updates for the team. Especially balance changes cuz they can be made and uploaded in a few minutes after a game showing that something is not where it should be.
4 Apr 2016, 18:06 PM

As a small part of the balance section of EF mod's team I can say that the current goal is full steam release.
If any of you is interested in playing the "closed" beta you should ask http://steamcommunity.com/id/darcreaver/ for a key.

Having game on steam means easier updates for the team. Especially balance changes cuz they can be made and uploaded in a few minutes after a game showing that something is not where it should be.

Aye, I'm one of the Beta participants and the only thing holding me back from playing actively is the lag, perhaps some more optimization is needed? But yeah, other than that, and the low amount of people playing the Beta due to obvious reasons, I'd really love for the mod to become an official expansion if possible and for you guys to continue maintaining it on Steam.

As far as the release goes, as it's already on Steam I'm guessing it will be easy coming out of it's closed beta state or is it not that simple? I'm openly expecting it's release as well as the French update for the Great War mod, really sad to see that Blitzkrieg won't be joining the few mods on there tho, was hoping to have the top ones that are still being developed on there.
4 Apr 2016, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2016, 00:11 AMVuther

My thoughts exactly
5 Apr 2016, 09:19 AM

Well... even without being an official expansion EF mod is like a such and on its own terms can bring at least balance changes to all factions if there are enough ppl interested in this I guess.
If you are interested in the mod for quite some time you will know that the devs made possible to have "reward" command trees and even "reward" factions in their 1st try to remake Brits.
5 Apr 2016, 12:17 PM

Well... even without being an official expansion EF mod is like a such and on its own terms can bring at least balance changes to all factions if there are enough ppl interested in this I guess.
If you are interested in the mod for quite some time you will know that the devs made possible to have "reward" command trees and even "reward" factions in their 1st try to remake Brits.

I agree but I am however if not sadly mistaken not as popular as the New Steam Version, no mod so far has had so much people on it as vanilla and that won't probably change in the near future. That's why I want it incorporated as an official expansion, to get people to actually play it, instead of launching an entirely different mod which only a handful of people ever play, you can check the statistics if you don't believe me. You guys are doing a brilliant job at it I can tell you at least that, and I'm really catching the CoH spirit in it as you said because it was modeled out to be an expansion in the steps of Opposing Fronts. It's mostly about people, I mean, the mod is popular in the community but then again... not so much because it's not fully released on Steam yet.

And I know of the units and reward commander trees for the Axis but if I remember correctly the British were going to have a Canadian reward Army or was that just Europe at War making it? Not sure, but yes, I remember something like that before when I was actively playing it.

I'd also enjoy an Achilles in the game tho, just to put it out there, as maybe a cheap replacement for the Firefly, as the Comet was used less and was a late war tank, like the Pershing, that saw limited combat, making it an all around generalist tank replacement for the Firefly... is not something I fully support but at least you guys have brought in more content I suppose, an American M7 Priest also would interest me further but yeah. Thanks for taking the time to reply here I suppose.
9 Apr 2016, 23:55 PM

Well it's the same old story as always and the same argument. Relic could have always made easy money of COH.. COH HD, COH expansions, COH tournament. (Because vCOH was always a superb platform for e-sports. Whilst COH2 is just a gimmick. With a horrible horrible engine.)

They wouldn't even have to put much effort into this. Just a bit of publicity. And share some of the revenues with the EF dev team. But yeah whatever. :)
Problem for them is that EF mod would be an instant sales competitor to their own game.

10 Apr 2016, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2016, 23:55 PM12ocky
Well it's the same old story as always and the same argument. Relic could have always made easy money of COH.. COH HD, COH expansions, COH tournament. (Because vCOH was always a superb platform for e-sports. Whilst COH2 is just a gimmick. With a horrible horrible engine.)

They wouldn't even have to put much effort into this. Just a bit of publicity. And share some of the revenues with the EF dev team. But yeah whatever. :)
Problem for them is that EF mod would be an instant sales competitor to their own game.

You're right, but still, they're going to get money, aren't they?
15 Apr 2016, 17:03 PM
Donator 11

I would play it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment