Login

russian armor

What Exactly is Unbalanced?

9 Jul 2013, 12:09 PM

People go on about how unbalanced this game is but I don't have problems often. When I lose it's my fault as I forgot to do something or neglected a resource.

I know the Clown car and sniper thing, but that's not a balance issue that's just a cheap trick that should be stopped. So what is unbalanced?

And don't say German tanks as the Russians have tanks that can deal with them (Tank Destroyer) plus Guard Infantry, dunno about the Tiger though never fought one.
9 Jul 2013, 12:34 PM

My list:
-T70, need a nerf or a more expensive price
-Stug, need a personality, too weak for his price
-SU85, must be a bit more expensive in fuel
-Strafe, too long with a too great range
-Opel Blitz truck, need a limit
-Pak, need more penetration power
-Brummbar, useless and too much expensive
9 Jul 2013, 12:53 PM

Stuff I think is OP:

Scout Car + Flamer is way too good at killing on retreat and probably a bit too survivable.
T-70 same problem, especially given the current state of PAK accuracy + survivability, though it needs to stay pretty effective . I think the fix is probably to make it extremely inaccurate when moving (like the PUMA was) so it does less retreat sniping and has to present a target to do damage.
SU-85... speed for reversing and LOS paradoxically makes infantry counters kind of useless against it. Sure shreks are fairly good against it but it'll usually be able to just backpedal and take down the squad. As AT I'm kind of fine with it atm.
Maxim - is very wrong, needs reworking.
Strafing Run is just silly. Needs more cost, shorter duration, less range, longer cooldown.
9 Jul 2013, 13:13 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I agree with everyone's statements about the balance so far. Other things that need to get fixed are:

-Hit the dirt is way too strong currently.
-Russian at grenades with incredibly long range. Players should be rewarded for mircoing vehicle out of harms way
-German Rifle grenade needs to stop using munitions even if you cancel the action.
-Tiger Tank needs to cost less and pay for itself. It's incredibly uselss at the moment for it's price.
-German sniper needs another ability or a buff as it is very useless at the moment.
9 Jul 2013, 13:39 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

I agree with everyone's statements about the balance so far. Other things that need to get fixed are:

-Hit the dirt is way too strong currently.
-Russian at grenades with incredibly long range. Players should be rewarded for mircoing vehicle out of harms way
-German Rifle grenade needs to stop using munitions even if you cancel the action.
-Tiger Tank needs to cost less and pay for itself. It's incredibly uselss at the moment for it's price.
-German sniper needs another ability or a buff as it is very useless at the moment.

Think the same^^
9 Jul 2013, 13:52 PM

whole game is unbalanced, i hope that in one year, maybe hal we gonna play more less balanced game, note that CoH2 had long term Beta and alpha tests, unlike CoH1, that's why balance in CoH1 took many years
9 Jul 2013, 14:45 PM

Must be hard work to be a balance worker/judge at relic holy smokey.... fiddling with all above at the same time will not make it.... more likely break it o_O I have to admit Maxim spam looks real ugly...

Hope they can start balancing a little at the time :)

However my personal feelings is make mg + mortar + atguns 3 man for both teams is a start (must be easiest way to balance support units)
ATguns must get more penetration power +++ (be feared like in coh1 again !)
9 Jul 2013, 17:52 PM

if we are talking about paks then IMO it must have longer range, better penetration and maybe damage
9 Jul 2013, 18:35 PM

^

I just want it to be better at killing T-70s and take longer to be decrewed.
9 Jul 2013, 20:19 PM

I agree with Paks actually they are pretty lame gotta admit. But seems overall it's not as unbalanced as the screaming kids on Steam forums believe.

I read on a forum AT grenades and Panzerfausts were the same range?
VRL
9 Jul 2013, 21:30 PM

T34's need improving in some way, at the moment they are useless.
9 Jul 2013, 21:33 PM

I read on a forum AT grenades and Panzerfausts were the same range?

I think the problem lies in that if you were close when the animation starts, and then you drive out of the way to put distance between you, the grenade will cover that distance, even if the vehicle is now further away than the range of the 'nade. If you follow.
9 Jul 2013, 22:34 PM

I am not of the highest caliber to be making balance judgements so take these with a grain of salt but a few things that I think need to be adjusted are:

-Rifle Grenade Projectile Speed: I believe in order to counteract the devastating effects of Molotov impact criticals Grenadier RGs need to have their projectile speed increased or as mentioned previously reduce munitions cost.
-Molotov Burn Time: Needs to be reduced slightly. Petrol bombs should do not last this long normally.
-German Sniper HP: In order to keep the single unit on par with its duo counterpart I think a small HP increase should be looked at.

These are the main points I see at the moment. There are others but I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of every decision as not to be biased or break something else.
10 Jul 2013, 01:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2013, 21:30 PMVRL
T34's need improving in some way, at the moment they are useless.

T34 being useless is quite untrue considering it counters the most expensive tanks in the game. It might be more accurate to say it's not good enough at actually fighting.
I know the Clown car and sniper thing, but that's not a balance issue that's just a cheap trick that should be stopped. So what is unbalanced?
what? :unsure:
10 Jul 2013, 11:16 AM

What is unbalanced? Well... there are a lot of things.

I played both germans and russians and I noticed some unbalances:

1) STUG III needs to be more effective. Make it more expensive, but give it something like good range, good damage, or an usefull ability.
2) The SU-85 must absolutely cost more. It costs like a Panzer IV but a pair of those beasts are uncounterable if well supported with infantry.
3) The russian Maxim/Mortar/Cannon should have 3 men like the germans.
4) Clown cars must explode with a single panzerfaust shot. Sometimes I hit those with 2 shots and they still alive... result: my 2 granadier squads are retreating or completely dead.
5) If russians have the 120mm mortar, give the germans something like it. I will gladly renounce to the Panzershreks for a doctrine wich give me a 120mm mortar instead of them.
6) T34 is good enough in my opinion, but mabye it should have a better frontal armor. A Panzer IV wins in a 1v1 against a T34 and this seems a little bit strange to me.
7) Give granadiers a granade wich deals more damage to enemies in buildings. In city map the russians have a great advantage with their molotovs.
10 Jul 2013, 11:38 AM

well if a clowncar dies to a single panzerfaust shoot it would be totally useless...why the fack would u go for it then
10 Jul 2013, 11:49 AM

The first balance must be nerfing the SU-85 front armor imo. The other things are:
- Clown cars!!! Nerfed in armor or on is cost
- Halftrack Flamethrowers cost needs to be increased in munitions
- Panzerfaust range > AT granades
10 Jul 2013, 11:54 AM

well if a clowncar dies to a single panzerfaust shoot it would be totally useless...why the fack would u go for it then

Well... why should I produce the german scout-car? It doesn't explode with a single AT russian granade, but after that it will be easily destroyed by rifle shots.
A clown car hitten by a Panzerfaust is still ****ing deadly for the troops nearby.

At least give the german Halftrak the same ability: to put on it soldiers who can use their weapons.

10 Jul 2013, 12:02 PM

upping ATguns power will make all vehicles take it more easy on the battlefield !
10 Jul 2013, 12:48 PM

Strafe is a joke, and I say this as predominantly an Ostheer player -- really has to be nerfed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★