Login

russian armor

Soviets - Too Strong

24 Mar 2016, 15:55 PM

So I've been having these games lately where the double sniper wrecks me as Osteer, you can't counter snipe them. When you do make a 222 there are guards and landmines all over the map.

As OKW you just spend all day getting sniped and pinned by maxims. Then when you can finally fight the Guards and Shocks walk over everything except obers which have to be babysat constantly due to the amount of damage they receive from indirect fire. Plus Obers cost more to make, more to reinforce, 60 munitions to slap a weapon on them. Useless bundle grenade, the only useful one is the smoke one which has a veterancy requirement. To top all of this you must make the flak base so tech everything up while you watch the soviets wreck you with Tier3.

Luch lose to guards, camoflagued AT guns, landmines, and a T-70 can beat a Luch plus also kill infantry, spot, hit a landmine and repair and run away.

The infantry spam is real, all these cons running around w/ AT nades, Molotovs, and flare mines. The AT nades snare any light vehicle play, the flare mines are 1 shotting infantry that pop in and out of buildings. Plus a molotov takes care of anything attempt to hide in a building with the really crapp mg34 that is doctrinal only.

The cheap su76 spam thats killing anything that I sit in cover while also countering tanks. I mean they have as much penetration as an su85 but they cost so much less. Plus have the added utility of barraging at no cost at all.

Fighting the ISU-152 is difficult unless you pick the 1 doctrine that has the Elephant in it, even then you have to try and manage a blob of infantry because of the lack of OKW support weapons..

This brings me the the katyush, cheap, low pop and 2 of them just wreck any area of the map. Minimum range barrages destroy even OST Artillery pieces. The Stuka hits a very small precise line, only good for killing weapon crews and not infantry on the move, at least the Panzerwerfer can do a bit more, but you have to predict where they are firing. .but the Katy just opens up and a huge swath of the map is annhiliated.

Then when you do manage to get something decent out like a Panther, KT.. it just instantly gets marked over and over again. Buttoned, marked, rammed, landmines everywhere. The cheap t-34-85s that flood the map or even the ISU-152 when its not using the instant wiping infantry shells.

I mean, even Penals are wrecking vet5 Volks and melting units in buildings so quickly you barely have time to react. Not to mention satchels are back and 1-2 shotting any building on the map making it scarey.

I mean whats with all these " Soviets are terrible " threads I see popping up when they literally have everything a faction needs except for the t34 being not so desirable?
24 Mar 2016, 16:00 PM

Su 76 spam is definitely a thing, I've lost Tigers, Panthers, P4's, and brummbars to 4 of them at a time.
24 Mar 2016, 16:01 PM

24 Mar 2016, 16:08 PM

Ohh my lord

Its simple, just smoke and flank
24 Mar 2016, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 16:08 PMKharn

I guess the sarcasm was lost, I see so many threads by a particular someone I figured I'd make a thread that showcased the awesome side of the Soviet.. just to see what people would come back with.

Also, you may want to look at my 2's rank, just because 4's is what I've played lately doesn't mean I'm not nearly in the top 200 for 2's and rank 56 for 3's.

Well if im not mistaken i met you in 3v3 AT back in january, with your teamm8s: Isbjorn and Haukem if im not mistaken. And you all played horrible and started a huge whinefest in chat when we rekt you as both axis and allies.

Hell I even think Zansibar vidded it and Vali streamed those games, 10/10 blobbing skills.

Soviets arent too strong at all, they just have a shit ton of mediocre units which works well if youre in a AT.

24 Mar 2016, 16:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yes, USSR have a very (so very) good Tier 2, Tier 3 and some doctrines as bonus. But no, USSR is not unstopable, also it has problems with T1, T4 and big list of useless units.
24 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

24 Mar 2016, 16:22 PM

You misspelled strong in the thread title. *stronk

Well anyways...

My response to this is: No. Yes.
24 Mar 2016, 16:34 PM

Well if im not mistaken i met you in 3v3 AT back in january, with your teamm8s: Isbjorn and Haukem if im not mistaken. And you all played horrible and started a huge whinefest in chat when we rekt you as both axis and allies.

Hell I even think Zansibar vidded it and Vali streamed those games, 10/10 blobbing skills.

Soviets arent too strong at all, they just have a shit ton of mediocre units which works well if youre in a AT.

I would like to see this rather than false accusations. Otherwise you're just full of it :)

Wrecked as both axis and allies? Surely with two games you have some proof other than just your word.
24 Mar 2016, 16:44 PM

And still he played more Games than you scrubtitof.

if he would check his own playercard:foreveralone:
24 Mar 2016, 16:47 PM

>cheap T-34-85s that flood the map

>losing luchs to guards

dude what weed do you use, i need something good while i kick ass with M4C shermans
24 Mar 2016, 16:52 PM

>cheap T-34-85s that flood the map

>losing luchs to guards

dude what weed do you use, i need something good while i kick ass with M4C shermans

Zansi go edit the video while youre at it :333

24 Mar 2016, 16:55 PM
Patrion 14

Invised some posts and quotes of said post. Keep it constructive, people.
24 Mar 2016, 17:02 PM

Soviets is by far the weakest faction in the game (next to Ostheer).

Currently the only overperforming thing for Soviets is the Maxim. Anything else is easily countered.

Su76 spam - Paks and infantry or double Raketenwerfer.

Conscripts are easier dealt with than US Rifles or Tommies + Brens.

Snipers are easily countered by the now better 222 or Volksblob.
24 Mar 2016, 17:12 PM

if anything, soviets are weak (except for the maxim spam)
24 Mar 2016, 17:14 PM

Comrade Stalin agrees, Sovietz stronk.

Soviets aren't OP in most regards, it's just the way their faction is designed to make it seem this way, since they have access to easy counters, but those counters can be countered if the axis opponent prepares correctly.

However I do agree some changes are in order to help balance out how units operate.
24 Mar 2016, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 15:55 PMKharn
So I've been having these games lately where the double sniper wrecks me as Osteer, you can't counter snipe them. When you do make a 222 there are guards and landmines all over the map.

Double sniper is a huge investment and an investment into t1, which lacks at guns, maxims mortars, if your sniper isnt working against them rushing a 222 will do well, snipers are tough to deal with but the 222 is ridiculously effective right now after the buff, i mean its practically free.

Its not possible for there to be guards and landmines all over the map, dont drive on roads, avoid obvious mined chokes, be aware the sniper might be a bait into a mine, and dont stand in guards line of fire for ages.

Nothing OP about any of those soviet units at all.

As OKW you just spend all day getting sniped and pinned by maxims. Then when you can finally fight the Guards and Shocks walk over everything except obers which have to be babysat constantly due to the amount of damage they receive from indirect fire. Plus Obers cost more to make, more to reinforce, 60 munitions to slap a weapon on them. Useless bundle grenade, the only useful one is the smoke one which has a veterancy requirement. To top all of this you must make the flak base so tech everything up while you watch the soviets wreck you with Tier3.

Sniped and pinned by maxims means he went t1 and t2 which is a huge investment in buildings early game which you should be taking into account, guards and shocks are stronger than volks, use combined arms to damage them / punish guards static requirement for dps (isg, you even complain about this "obers taking dmg from indirect", that works both ways and its how u deal with elite infantry). If u dont like bundle nade infiltrations nades while doctrinal are absurd for the cost. The flak base comes out crazy early and locks down a section of the map extremely effectively how you can complain about that i dont really know.

Tier 3 is handily countered by cloacked rackettens, mines, schreks, luchs chip (on t70) etc.

You have the tools none of those units are OP.

Luch lose to guards, camoflagued AT guns, landmines, and a T-70 can beat a Luch plus also kill infantry, spot, hit a landmine and repair and run away.

Luch doesnt loose to guards, also you are stacking a luchs against 4 different opposing forces, how about a luchs supported by racketens, volks with schreks, mines to prevent a dive etc (the t70 does very little dmg to a luchs, if you loose it you probably overextended).

The infantry spam is real, all these cons running around w/ AT nades, Molotovs, and flare mines. The AT nades snare any light vehicle play, the flare mines are 1 shotting infantry that pop in and out of buildings. Plus a molotov takes care of anything attempt to hide in a building with the really crapp mg34 that is doctrinal only.

Luchs and 222 are no diving vehicles, luchs does good dps only when stationary, u wanna be sniping away so no at grenades no not shut down light vehicle play, if he has gone heavy cons you obers/fusies/ vetted volks/JLI/falschirms should be fighting extremely cost effectively against them, maybe just dont pop out a building he could have mined, he isnt using his cons to force you to click the mouse. Molies are just volk flame nades but worse and require fuel delaying their light vehicles, so i dunno how you can complain about that.

MG 34 is crappy but many aspects of OKW are decidedly not crappy.

The cheap su76 spam thats killing anything that I sit in cover while also countering tanks. I mean they have as much penetration as an su85 but they cost so much less. Plus have the added utility of barraging at no cost at all.

Su76 gets 3 hit by schreks, it is what it is, its cheap and pretty effective, but its also very easy to kill.

Fighting the ISU-152 is difficult unless you pick the 1 doctrine that has the Elephant in it, even then you have to try and manage a blob of infantry because of the lack of OKW support weapons..

I dont understand, can only counter with elefant, but also have to control okw blob? a->okw doest have elefant, so as ost you DO have the support weapons. b-> blobs are by definition a low micro way of controlling infatry so i dont see your point.

Reality is elefant and jagdtiger hard counter it, flanks, snares, schreks, racketten ambushes, loiters, bombing runs are all effective against the isu-152.

(i really dont understand how u complain about unit both axis factions have superior analogues too).

This brings me the the katyush, cheap, low pop and 2 of them just wreck any area of the map. Minimum range barrages destroy even OST Artillery pieces. The Stuka hits a very small precise line, only good for killing weapon crews and not infantry on the move, at least the Panzerwerfer can do a bit more, but you have to predict where they are firing. .but the Katy just opens up and a huge swath of the map is annhiliated.

Min range barrage means its exposed and its exceptionally weak, just kill it, hell i have killed katys with jagdtigers before. Katy so weak it dies very easily and its barrage is one of the least effective of all rocket artys so i dont understand your complaint, if its destroying you so badly dont play so statically, or if you are going to play so statically have a plan to deal with the potential of a katy.

Stukas job is to kill weapon teams, rember your complaints about maxims and at guns? stuka is the direct counter.

Then when you do manage to get something decent out like a Panther, KT.. it just instantly gets marked over and over again. Buttoned, marked, rammed, landmines everywhere. The cheap t-34-85s that flood the map or even the ISU-152 when its not using the instant wiping infantry shells.

Axis has access to a far superior mark target ability on the command panther, button has a range requirement, dont let guards so close, ram is rarely used and even more rarely effective, landmines are only a problem if you overextend. Dont overextend. T34- 85's are really not that great, schreks, (your own mines as you complain about them so much will also wreck marauding t34's), rackettens, p4's all coutner it effectively. ISU shell change is like 10 seconds its clunky AF and horrible to use.

I mean, even Penals are wrecking vet5 Volks and melting units in buildings so quickly you barely have time to react. Not to mention satchels are back and 1-2 shotting any building on the map making it scarey.

Satchels take 4 or 5 seconds to go off, and anyway penals are not a good unit, and again, if they ahve gone penals they havent gone sniper spam or maxim spam so thats a good thing for you.

I mean whats with all these " Soviets are terrible " threads I see popping up when they literally have everything a faction needs except for the t34 being not so desirable?

soviets arent terrible but they really arent exceptionally good either.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★