Login

russian armor

WC51 crew into cavalry riflemen

23 Mar 2016, 03:43 AM

WC51 call-in crew replaced with 4 man rifle squad, with paratrooper carbines and ability to repair. They have extra sight range.

MP cost of WC51 call-in to 450, fuel down to 10.

What do you think?
23 Mar 2016, 03:45 AM
23 Mar 2016, 03:46 AM

Speaking of the mechanized call in-will clarify
23 Mar 2016, 05:57 AM

What? No the wc51 is a fine unit and would be overpowered like that so early on.

What they should do is replace the terrible M3 with the cavalry rifle call-in from the campaign. The one with the halftrack with a repair upgrade.
23 Mar 2016, 14:32 PM

no med truck?

You mean the ambulance? :snfQuinn:
23 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

What? No the wc51 is a fine unit and would be overpowered like that so early on.

What they should do is replace the terrible M3 with the cavalry rifle call-in from the campaign. The one with the halftrack with a repair upgrade.

All it would mean is you would crew the wc51 with REs and use cav rifles with it/ for other purposes

M3 call in with cav rifles would be neat, but I like the idea of combined arms and getting ass Engies gives you Flamers, mines, and demos. This coupled with cav rifles would increase the flexibility of infantry in mechanized company.

At the very least M3 call-in deserves HP and armor buff
23 Mar 2016, 15:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All it would mean is you would crew the wc51 with REs and use cav rifles with it/ for other purposes

M3 call in with cav rifles would be neat, but I like the idea of combined arms and getting ass Engies gives you Flamers, mines, and demos. This coupled with cav rifles would increase the flexibility of infantry in mechanized company.

At the very least M3 call-in deserves HP and armor buff

Yeah, AEs are more or less fine and I wouldn't say to drop em' if they do anything else. Just buff the unjustifiably completely horrendous M3's durability.
nee
23 Mar 2016, 16:03 PM

Sounds rather convoluted, especially for a faction that's already the most micromanagement intensive of them all.

I would prefer Cavalry Riflemen come either as their own or in M3 Halftrack...or even come with the WC51. But I'd think that might be best if in a new commander instead.
24 Mar 2016, 19:55 PM

I thought you meant put the WC-51 jeep into the Heavy Cavalry commander, which I think would be decent actually.
24 Mar 2016, 20:30 PM

What? No the wc51 is a fine unit

Please don't do this.........

25 Mar 2016, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 20:30 PMGrim

Please don't do this.........

It's usable. Just too expensive for what it's worth.
25 Mar 2016, 07:29 AM

It's usable. Just too expensive for what it's worth.

How? It dies so quickly, and when kubels were changed back in the fall it became terrible at killing them. You're right about the cost, it costs the same fuel as a 222, which is insane even for a cp 0 vehicle. That said, it still dies so quickly. If it gets fausted its almost certainly going to die shortly after. At most its useful as a transport.
25 Mar 2016, 10:42 AM

How? It dies so quickly, and when kubels were changed back in the fall it became terrible at killing them. You're right about the cost, it costs the same fuel as a 222, which is insane even for a cp 0 vehicle. That said, it still dies so quickly. If it gets fausted its almost certainly going to die shortly after. At most its useful as a transport.

The WC51 is actually really good with a rifle in it. You can zoom around the map for a few minutes winning every fight you want and getting the exact parts of the map you want. OKW is helpless until they get a raketen, and as long as you avoid exploding to a stealthed raketen (a bit hard admittedly when it does like 95% of the WCs HP bar) you have forced your opponent into having way less AI field presence early game and can just withdraw and refit the WC at that point anyway.

Problem is its in a shitty doctrine with absolutely no endgame, so its literally an all your eggs in one basket doctrine (the first 2-4 minutes of play hinging on WC51 performance).

I used to think it was shitty back from my noob days but tried it about a week ago for the lolz and went on a 13 winstreak using exclusively mechanised doc! Took out several top 30 players in the process.

Still though I don't like to use it except for a bit of variety because I am uncomfortable getting to late game without the Pershing against OKW as quite frankly Pershing and Sherman HE shells are the only way to kill vetted OKW squads of players who are attentive, and the Sherman often sucks with its AT/AP toggle.
25 Mar 2016, 11:07 AM

wc51 supression platform like old kubel this is my dream
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment