Login

russian armor

Elite troops, Soviet industry, vet riflemen.

23 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What if vet riflemen are just rifles with slightly better stats?

Probably wouldn't fix the issue of it making a brainless blob wrecking you. Also, just not very interesting.
25 Mar 2016, 12:05 PM

The only reason Soviet Industry was good, was because of that ability that made tanks build faster.

For what prupose did they remove it?

Fuel income is useless without it, I can build fuel caches whenever I want, I don't need trucks.
25 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

Why not just making the fire up free? or remove the stupid debuff at the end.

soviet industry could have passive ability to make all tiers very cheap, so you could pump out units from all buildings (lets face it, soviet stock units are mediocre at best, so getting early T34s wouldn't mean much if you are facing multiple paks+fausts+mines)
25 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

Also, I don't think tiger ace is bad, It's just a "tie breaker" unit. for those long stalemate games.
26 Mar 2016, 04:27 AM

This isn't exactly a new unit or ability, but rifleman field defenses or whatever could be a decent replacement for fire-up/rear echelon flamethrowers. It would give the doctrine a reason to be called "Rifle Company" at least.
26 Mar 2016, 05:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This isn't exactly a new unit or ability, but rifleman field defenses or whatever could be a decent replacement for fire-up/rear echelon flamethrowers. It would give the doctrine a reason to be called "Rifle Company" at least.

While logical thematically, I'm pretty sure the Rifle Company commander is intended for an aggressive sort of strategy and the field defences ability is contrary to that intent.
29 Mar 2016, 03:03 AM

Maybe be add cavalry riflemen for 1 CP (armed with 3 thompsons and cooked grenade, no AT and smoke) and combine it with Fire Up!
29 Mar 2016, 04:34 AM

Elite Troops is actually really good now. Stun grenades and Stormtroopers are both solid.

Soviet Industry is okay. It's more of a team game doctrine but repair points work very well with mass T70 or some other form of mid game aggression.

Elite Riflemen I need to use more. Nothing bad about it in theory, it's just not very exciting. Fire up has a ton of potential tactically, rear echelon flamers can be nice and flares/white phosphorous will always be useful. Easy 8 is fine too.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 19:16 PMzerocoh
Why not just making the fire up free? or remove the stupid debuff at the end.

Because it would be horrifically gamebreaking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 98
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment