Login

russian armor

Royal Engineers are broken

21 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

Didn't Price lose miserably on Sunday with engie spam 'abuse'?

Their reinforce cost is a little low, sure, but it's a non-issue overall. You can still punish a Brit player hard for an infantry heavy build.
21 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 14:54 PMKatitof

If we go by what sprice does to judge what is OP, then this is the list of OP things:

Pios
puppchens
ostwinds
PaKs
conscripts
t34/76
PIATs
Zooks
US AT gun
sandbags
wires
pathfiunders
JLI
obers
ISGs
mortars(all of them)
stugs
pumas
osttruppen
thompson vehicle crews

The list could go on.
So yeah, I wouldn't really rely on what sprice does as an accurate measurement of what is OP and what isn't ::

well u have a point obviously.
I mean watching him play with RE blobs highlights the fact that they are op , it's a simple start to execute and hard to counter .
Even without blobbing this unit over performs for it's cost .
21 Mar 2016, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 14:41 PMKatitof

What doesn't beat assault grens?
In their case, you pay 280mp for a crippled squad that doesn't scale.

In close combat? Well conscripts, riflemen, IS, RE (USA), pioneers (SV) do not for sure.
21 Mar 2016, 16:19 PM
Patrion 310

Brits still got OP units? :hansRAGE:
Axis desperation spread and psychologically traumatized soldiers flock to nearby Relic medical facilities. Axis refugees desperate for food and water are taking to the streets. Potential epidemic diseases imminent. Relic sends Kyle on a diplomatic mission to solve this OPNess.

Only Kyle can save Axis now.
21 Mar 2016, 17:10 PM

"I mean watching him play with RE blobs highlights the fact that they are op , it's a simple start to execute and hard to counter ."

Would be delighted to see you showing us all how easy it is to execute in a replay. Post in the Piat challenge too...

I've tried it many a time...

As for how Sprice gets it to work, well that is the real question.
21 Mar 2016, 18:57 PM

"With a fifth man in the squad RE even beat assault grenadiers (280mp) in close combat."

Just tested this...

With the assault grenadiers defending in light cover the RE's lost 13 men ( 1 squad 5 man attacking at a time).

With the REs defending one at a time the assault grenadiers took out 4 squads ( 20 men) only losing a single model themselves.....

Vet 3 Royal Engineers attacking lost to Vet 0 assault grenadiers, with them losing 2 models.
21 Mar 2016, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 15:22 PMrush

well u have a point obviously.
I mean watching him play with RE blobs highlights the fact that they are op , it's a simple start to execute and hard to counter .
Even without blobbing this unit over performs for it's cost .

I will agree that RE overperform for its cost, but it's one of thing that should be fixed somewhere down the road as the brits get buff.

As much as the RE overperform, it's not overpowered enough to actually make the british unbeatable. sprice is an amazing player with his spam tactic, but not many people can do the things he did.

It could become an issue if/when the british get buffed in the future, but otherwise nerfing the sapper now will just be another nail in the coffin for the brits.

ideally, the sapper will get nerfed at the same time stuff like the vicker/UC/firefly/churchill/25pdr/etc get buffed.

(although the issue with the vet 1 needs to be fixed asap)
22 Mar 2016, 12:47 PM

"With a fifth man in the squad RE even beat assault grenadiers (280mp) in close combat."

Just tested this...

With the assault grenadiers defending in light cover the RE's lost 13 men ( 1 squad 5 man attacking at a time).

With the REs defending one at a time the assault grenadiers took out 4 squads ( 20 men) only losing a single model themselves.....

Vet 3 Royal Engineers attacking lost to Vet 0 assault grenadiers, with them losing 2 models.

I didn't test myself, I reported according to my experience. It seems that I didn't compare correct und oversaw factors that matter (as lower health of assgrens, additional weapons for RE and so on). I should test it by myself. Thank you.
24 Mar 2016, 00:50 AM

Yeah, with the latest patch RE Sappers are ridiculous for what they cost.
I think this was already covered a few threads ago
24 Mar 2016, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 13:33 PMDAZ187
vetted Royal engineers can sometimes beat a SPIO. that says it all

On Vet 1 they have accuracy and RoF bonus when in cover like Tommies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS