Login

russian armor

New 2v2 Maps Hamlet and Chateau du Luv-Nest

20 Mar 2016, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 11:58 AMSikko
The weather changing on Hamlet hurts my eyes really bad.

+1, it should just be sunny...so I can see what the hell is going on.
20 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM
Patrion 14

not quite - steppes allows for easy transitioning between the flanks, while on your map you have the giant chokepoint vp area in the middle, which makes that a lot harder.

good point. i will probably remove the impassable trees and make the weather static?
20 Mar 2016, 19:08 PM

prefer luvnest map over hamlet. hamlet is just too big and hard to put pressure on the opponent
20 Mar 2016, 20:06 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 18:44 PMpigsoup

good point. i will probably remove the impassable trees and make the weather static?

yes, that should be it. maybe you dont have to remove all the trees, but at least enough to have more ways in and out of the middle :)
20 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hamlet is what should be Crossing in the woods for 2v2. While the map is big, i'll rather have space to maneuver rather than a shoe box.

Luvnest: mud, heights and building location. Need a revamp to make it work.
21 Mar 2016, 00:40 AM

Hamlet I definitely prefer over Chateau Du luv-nest as it's more open however the munitions seem to be a wee bit far off to reliably capture compared to the cutoff. The weather effects are quite enjoyable though and I applaud that particularly part. Chateau Du luv-nest is rather a poor map due to frequent mud, red cover practically everywhere, and buildings overlooking both fuels and one overlooking souths cutoff. Rather annoying and someone could put a HMG and make it a difficult area to clear early game.
22 Mar 2016, 04:31 AM
Patrion 14

purple indicates either building removed, shot blocker removed, path improved.

also, lifted some lands out of the waterways to create less red cover crossings.

also removed weather - i just wanted to remove the rain and choose lighter night but i cant find a bright night without snow. and we cannot use custom weather unless it is the first weather that is loaded and i am already using the custom weather.
22 Mar 2016, 05:22 AM

Luv-Nest is also pretty horrible, so much elevation in the middle so you can't really use AT guns. Mortar pit heaven.
22 Mar 2016, 05:25 AM

Hamlet is fine, other than the weather that looks like it is or will be removed. It's a better Crossing than Crossing.

Chateau would definitely be vetoed if I had another one. It seems like I lose as Allies on it a lot more than I win. I'll try a few on it as OST or OKW to see if it's just me or is it the map.

The early game on the left side as USF can be rough. Clearing the left side against someone who turtles with LeIG, med truck, raketens in buildings can also be rough. Good thing God invented smoke and the Sherman Bulldozer.
22 Mar 2016, 06:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I hope your changes will go live. I waited a few months with my changes to the map and guess what..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★