Login

russian armor

We need more new unit, new faction , not balance only

20 Mar 2016, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 21:46 PMJadame!
With amount of out-of meta units and forgoten commanders, relic can make game at least two times more complex just by bringing them back from oblivion.

Arguably there are too many units and commanders overall, but it's not evenly distributed in terms of meta. They could definitely tune it up a bit.

I've sunk too much time and money into the coh2 train not to see it to its conclusion, but realistically I'm hankering for them to just kill it and bring the sequel out with a back-to-basics focus, less overall variety but better thought out and balanced within a wider context. And less DLC - or at least no commander DLC.

It's been funny seeing gimmicks and such get nerfed down to their own level over time and a lot of things that the developers thought were cool get removed or returned to be less impact. Cold tech, soviet wire, the entire OKW faction gimmick, most of the British abilities got nerfed multiple times between alpha and today. Tech adjustments to give OKW their medium tank, tech adjustments to the Soviets, probably more I'm not remembering off the top of my head.
20 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

It's been funny seeing gimmicks and such get nerfed down to their own level over time and a lot of things that the developers thought were cool get removed or returned to be less impact. Cold tech, soviet wire, the entire OKW faction gimmick, most of the British abilities got nerfed multiple times between alpha and today. Tech adjustments to give OKW their medium tank, tech adjustments to the Soviets, probably more I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

Much of that was clearly bad design from the outset, or if not it became apparent from a few hours of play. The design decisions made from 2014 onward haven't exactly got me hungry for new CoH2 content.

On another note, it's much better from a game design perspective to have a smaller roster of well designed units that can be combined and used in a number of ways, than a large number of poorly thought out units. The latter scenario will just result in meta where most units aren't used anyway. If you focus on a quality over quantity approach you can end up with varied gameplay with longevity as players find new ways to use units.

Adding new maps is a much better way to add variety without breaking balance, especially in a game like CoH where the map is so interactive. The challenge of course is monetisation. Good premium commanders will always get sales whereas map packs are harder to sell.
20 Mar 2016, 23:05 PM

your out of your mind if you think more content right now will make the game better.
out. of. your. mind.

+1

We dont even know if they are supporting the game anymore :(
21 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM
Patrion 310

Confidential SEGA Checklist exposed - The Road to SEGA awesomeness:
https://www.checkli.com/s/JzMSZvwI

SEGA update COH2 to racing game. Epic ESL play vs Sonic All Stars racing:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias