Login

russian armor

Countering coh2.org trolls and smurf

• This thread is locked
Would you miss those sneaky, raging smurfs and trolls if admins implemented those fixes?
Option Distribution Votes
12%
88%
Total votes: 25
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Mar 2016, 14:52 PM

- Email validation does not work. You can basically fill the Email field with anything and yet start posting. Fix it.

- New users should have their first 10 posts approved and moderated before being shown.

Happy smurf/troll free coh2.org
16 Mar 2016, 14:55 PM
Donator 11

Nope, useless information.
16 Mar 2016, 14:59 PM

The quality of content will improve over a few days if done.
16 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

16 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

We need the official forums back for those people to go back to. They were like a midway between this glorious pinnacle of CoH achievement and the cancerous cess-pit of the steam forums
16 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

One of the biggest trolls / annoying people here creating this very topic.

Mind = blown.
16 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

We need the official forums back for those people to go back to. They were like a midway between this glorious pinnacle of CoH achievement and the cancerous cess-pit of the steam forums

I wouldn't count on that coming back actually.
It's already mid march.
16 Mar 2016, 15:05 PM

Kappa

KaRappa
16 Mar 2016, 15:20 PM
Patrion 14

- Email validation does not work. You can basically fill the Email field with anything and yet start posting. Fix it.

- New users should have their first 10 posts approved and moderated before being shown.

So much for you shutting up for two weeks.
16 Mar 2016, 15:27 PM

^No wonder they kicked you two to the curb and removed you from the staff.
16 Mar 2016, 15:39 PM

Are we playing secret hitler? Because this looks like a fascism law
16 Mar 2016, 15:43 PM

:facepalm:
16 Mar 2016, 15:43 PM

Its like Hitler creating a anti nazi party.
16 Mar 2016, 15:46 PM

what does make you think that they arent gona stay here?
16 Mar 2016, 16:49 PM

Firstly I do agree email validation not implemented is a problem and in the past I have called for a change to this, but nothing came of it.

Secondly I don't think having new users actively moderated wouldn't work as we don't have the manpower for that sort of thing and inventing a new class of moderators just to go through new posts to counter-act a demand for manpower would be demeaning to those who had to do it.

Now this I object to. Don't talk about things you don't know, there's context to both of these member's resignations you do not understand, so it's best not make yourself look any worse by calling them out.
16 Mar 2016, 17:18 PM
Benefactor 355

Why would you suggest any of dis when you are da first one dat uses smurf account on .org? #MVGame
16 Mar 2016, 18:10 PM
Donator 33

I think this is close to mod flagging. Or begging for it.
16 Mar 2016, 18:11 PM

Why would you suggest any of dis when you are da first one dat uses smurf account on .org? #MVGame

Because he wants to get fed by us discussing about his crap he gave. But don't worry, like luvnest said with guys like him is always something in their life wrong, so maybe he should think about that instead of having a pleasure with this shit here. :foreveralone:
16 Mar 2016, 18:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disingenuous thread moved to Scrap Yard.
16 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

But don't worry, like luvnest said with guys like him is always something in their life wrong, so maybe he should think about that instead of having a pleasure with this shit here. :foreveralone:
Oh aren't you the attentionwhore who started a poll about himself with options like "Does the OKW lover suck? Yes, No" as answers? No need to shame other innocent fellows. Stay friendly.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 16:49 PMSwift
Firstly I do agree email validation not implemented is a problem and in the past I have called for a change to this, but nothing came of it.

Secondly I don't think having new users actively moderated wouldn't work as we don't have the manpower for that sort of thing and inventing a new class of moderators just to go through new posts to counter-act a demand for manpower would be demeaning to those who had to do it.

You can always activate the relief ostruppen ability:sibDZ:

Seriously though, this community is rather stabilized now and has a decent amount of members. There are no massive flood of new users everyday. But yeah it requires too much efforts and I think fixing the validation bug/bypassing could help and suffice.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 16:49 PMSwift
Now this I object to. Don't talk about things you don't know, there's context to both of these member's resignations you do not understand, so it's best not make yourself look any worse by calling them out.
Yeah sorry about that. But have in mind that this guy was planning top take me out with cyanide. That was way over the top.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
United Kingdom 142
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak