Login

russian armor

Conscript merge question

15 Mar 2016, 04:50 AM

Does the merging units keep the original stats of the conscript squad they came from?

This is how I always thought it worked. For example a conscript merging with a guards/shock unit do not magically become 6 guards/shocks with all the normal stats do they?

I have a follow up question if they do not relating to the vet process transition from the original members to the new squad if they do not.
15 Mar 2016, 05:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They keep armor, received accuracy, non vet based sight, weapon, popcap and reinforce cost.

They would inherit the veterancy and abilities obviously of the squad theyre merging into
15 Mar 2016, 05:04 AM

They keep armor, received accuracy, non vet based sight, weapon, popcap and reinforce cost.
They would inherit the veterancy and abilities obviously of the squad theyre merging into

In your opinion, would it be better to reinforce squads, or pull back the original squad and then reinforce?
15 Mar 2016, 05:12 AM

In your opinion, would it be better to reinforce squads, or pull back the original squad and then reinforce?

It depends on the situation. If you needed to keep your squads at full strength on the front-lines of an on-going battle, I'd suggest merging, but if your defenses are fortified, and your border is secure from any enemy infantry/armor, I'd suggest getting reinforced from a half-track/forward hq/ base structure. It's more about convenience that decides this, rather than which ones are better.
15 Mar 2016, 05:38 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When i actually cared about that dead soviet faction, i only merged cons into weapon teams(maxim and zis with thier goddawful bullet magnet crews)

its the best thing you do with it really. merging 1.087 received acc cons into a guard/shock/even penal squad just bleeds you more MP in the end of the day.

if you wanna go on a manpower diet as soviets, rapid conscription would probably suit you better than merging in the long run
15 Mar 2016, 05:58 AM

In the early game, merge your oldest cons and your combat engineers. This will lead to vet 2 engineers and higher vet cons earlier in the game, maybe vet 3 by the midgame.
15 Mar 2016, 21:56 PM

My question is then if say your vet 3 conscripts then get merged into say a vet 0 shock/guard or penals are your stats for those conscripts in the merged group going to receive the vet bonuses the now vet 1/2/3 shock/guard or penals on top of the original vet 3 stats?

Also if say you merge a group of shocks/guards enough times then potentially no members of the original group exist and I am then paying a heavy MP upkeep on a cost of essentially conscripts with smoke?
aaa
15 Mar 2016, 22:16 PM

cruzz was saying smth like squads after merge gets a higher received accuracy. So merge only into ATGs.
15 Mar 2016, 23:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 21:56 PMGumboot

My question is then if say your vet 3 conscripts then get merged into say a vet 0 shock/guard or penals are your stats for those conscripts in the merged group going to receive the vet bonuses the now vet 1/2/3 shock/guard or penals on top of the original vet 3 stats?

Also if say you merge a group of shocks/guards enough times then potentially no members of the original group exist and I am then paying a heavy MP upkeep on a cost of essentially conscripts with smoke?

They inherit the vet of the squad they merge into, even if it's a downgrade.

Unless somethings broken of course.

You wouldn't have a vet 3 con model that merged into a vet 0 squad that lets say eventually vets up to vet 3 get some insane conscript squad+ guard squad -100% received accuracy bonus or something crazy like that. again unless something is broken.
16 Mar 2016, 00:04 AM

Thanks for the post Cookiez.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread.
16 Mar 2016, 00:56 AM

All good Mistah, if you hadn't asked it I would of. I haven't played Sov in a long while and was unwittingly using cons to merge with Shocks/guards to save on MP but should of known better.

Have been playing them more though with the changes to VET actually working and been hammering the T1 penals with the accuracy vets now working and satchel fixed into guards -> T85s with mixed success and wondering if the merge was going to hamper my guards. They going to address the buy back of the dropped guards rifles though? They drop off in dps the longer you preserve them which is counter intuitive to the vet system.

Cheers for the info Cookies
16 Mar 2016, 01:42 AM

My guards almost never drop weapons, maybe because I never put them in danger since they are now very good at range.

and for merge, it's really good early game, like someone said, merge less vetted into more vetted infantry, especially penals/engies with flamers so they can keep fighting and vet really fast
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★