Login

russian armor

Relic re-organisation and Kyle's response

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
16 Mar 2016, 03:22 AM

Cuddletronic? Really? He seemed like the staff member who was most on the ball with technical issues and community feedback. I can't see his position becoming redundant or whatever that quickly?

Brad on the other hand...
16 Mar 2016, 03:36 AM

Vcoh is still going... and the support is long gone, Coh2 will be with us for a long time. There is still money to be earn with COH2...

No need to panic.

Thanks
aaa
16 Mar 2016, 04:38 AM

Not the worst state to leave game unchanged. No more patches. if its true its best news ever. Game is playable with 4 map vetoed and right comm. Selection.
Hard opening with 1 squad disadvantage but manageable.
16 Mar 2016, 04:47 AM

*Hate new bug* *Click on building and squad goes around instead of inside* *Gotta Find That Sweetspot on the building to enter* *Thanks Relic*
16 Mar 2016, 04:54 AM

I guess it's fitting that they gave the game cancer (in the form of a commander) before it dies.
16 Mar 2016, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 04:54 AMRappy
I guess it's fitting that they gave the game cancer (in the form of a commander) before it dies.

Hey now, dont cry.
It's not so bad. At least they fixed the Vet issues.
Also mods will come and clean up the stuff that wasnt cleaned. Just look at the Blitz mod for vCoH
16 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hey now, dont cry.
It's not so bad. At least they fixed the Vet issues.
Also mods will come and clean up the stuff that wasnt cleaned. Just look at the Blitz mod for vCoH

That's kinda like saying Team Fortress 1 fixed Quake 1.
16 Mar 2016, 06:28 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Whatever happens, players will keep this game alive.
16 Mar 2016, 06:41 AM

So, this is 2.602 of COH2?
To be honest, game is not in a (too?) bad state, but it need at least one patch to become fully balanced.
And what will happen with new War Spoils system?

I think we will see some small balance tweaks and maybe a new War Spoils system implementation. No more new commanders, no more new singleplayer campaigns and, of course, no 3rd Axis faction.
16 Mar 2016, 07:22 AM
Benefactor 3110

Heyo,

honestly i think we should just play the game. I personally am not devestated if support dies. People will have to concentrate on strategy and outplaying the opponent more than just calling "buff" and "nerf" towards relic all the time.
Relic will give us at least one community patch anyways. I will keep playing the game.

Best of luck to Kyle and Cuddletronic i wish them all the best and hope they will get back
on their feet very soon again.

Best Regards
awa59b
aaa
16 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM

Heyo,

honestly i think we should just play the game. I personally am not devestated if support dies. People will have to concentrate on strategy and outplaying the opponent more than just calling "buff" and "nerf" towards relic all the time.
Relic will give us at least one community patch anyways. I will keep playing the game.

Best of luck to Kyle and Cuddletronic i wish them all the best and hope they will get back
on their feet very soon again.

Best Regards
awa59b

No more patches plz. There is a high chance to break the game. Now its bad but not broken. Right know all matchups are playable on most maps and with right commander.
16 Mar 2016, 12:59 PM

So much for a 5 year plan for CoH 2.
16 Mar 2016, 13:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

From Romeo Public Stream
https://www.twitch.tv/romeocoh2/v/54189042

momo4sho123: game is finished for me and others in 1 month
momo4sho123: brad told me game is 100% rip " probably no more substantive balance changes "
momo4sho123: this is when they kill off support for a project, they lay off the majority of their devs
momo4sho123: its more employees laid off
momo4sho123: coh2 is at the end of its life cycle
momo4sho123: they are removing overhead
momo4sho123: ofc it wont die
momo4sho123: but it will be pointless for "myself"
momo4sho123: so dead to me
momo4sho123: ciez dust and I are done after 1 month i believe
momo4sho123: no its not fun
momo4sho123: game sucks
momo4sho123: its not a troll
momo4sho123: @god_is_an_astronaut_CoH3, i dont think you know him like ciez dust and I do, maybe im wrong
momo4sho123: @Maskedmonkey2, dude its several employees that have been laid off, people who have been there since the start. they are getting rid of overheard because they are cutting off most support for the game

RIP CoH2 and f*ck DoW3.
16 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 13:39 PMnigo

RIP CoH2 and f*ck DoW3.

dude,
DOW1 players can say the same about COH1,
and COH1 players about DOW2,
and DOW2 players about COH2.

That's video games life.
Deal with it.
16 Mar 2016, 14:00 PM

Nigo's journalistic empire is over hahaha
16 Mar 2016, 14:02 PM

I think we will still see some patches for coh2. My guess would be patching on a smaller scale though, unless they replace Brad. There has been a LOT of promotion for DoW the past few months... I don't think any of us have any way of knowing if they're working on a new DoW product but I don't think many of us would be surprised a year from now to hear that they were - given all the DoW promotional material.

As for me... I'll still play CoH 2 if/when I find CoH 2 to be fun/enjoyable, as I always have. For now I've been liking POE more. No reason to be all gloom and doom about it in my opinion. We're all here to play games and have fun, when one stops becoming fun - find a new game.

I doubt the servers are going down any time soon, CoH 1 servers are still up. If you still like the game, play it. If you don't like the game anymore, don't play it. Basically what AWA59 was saying.

Gloom and doom on forums isn't going to get anyone anywhere.
16 Mar 2016, 14:21 PM

I think people may be over reacting - obviously its sad when someone loses a job but this game had really reached its pinnacle from a business stand point. The community-cow has been milked dry with DLC and clearly they need to consolidate with minimal cash flow.

This game is still fun and will continue to be fun so long as you play it. I still play AOE2 with friends, among other older games.

I think its was clear a year ago this game would never be a huge success, high learning curve (minus brits), difficult concepts to grasp, E-Sports was nice but really done just to appease a section of the playerbase.

Also its not like balance patches were coming often enough anyway so whats the big deal?

There are still mods, there are still community members, there is still COH2.org - keep playing if you enjoy it.
16 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM

Any reliable source? Are we fapping and over reacting over a rumor?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE ENDING SUPPORT FOR COH2?
16 Mar 2016, 14:35 PM

Any reliable source? Are we fapping and over reacting over a rumor?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE ENDING SUPPORT FOR COH2?

Did anyone reliable say that they're ending support for coh2? Not that I've seen.

Just that some of the coh2 team no longer works for Relic, for reasons we do not know as of yet. Reading comprehension my friend :)
16 Mar 2016, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 14:35 PMCieZ
Just that some of the coh2 team no longer works for Relic, for reasons we do not know as of yet. Reading comprehension my friend :)
Oh really? Do you realize that could also mean a new personal is working on it instead and have replaced the fired guys?
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS