Login

russian armor

Custom map won't show up in game.

11 Mar 2016, 20:34 PM

I exported package from worldbuilder, and placed the SGA file into /mods/scenarios/subscribed, it did not show up in the game.

I built a scenario pack, and am not sure where to put it, so i put the .mod file into /mods/scenarios, and the subscribed folder, and the modsd folder.

It does not show up in the modding hub.

I am not sure why I can not see my map. I am running the game with -dev

Here is a copy of the .sga

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=570996D425BDEB51!946&authkey=!ACn61jwwiPvkahM&ithint=file%2csga
13 Mar 2016, 00:39 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

This is the wrong forum to post in, you should've put this in the Mapping Discussion forum. Can you take a screen shot of your map zoomed all the way out with the TER overaly on? (The one that shows all the territory sectors), I have a good hunch what it is, but what to see the map before hand.
13 Mar 2016, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 00:39 AMTric
This is the wrong forum to post in, you should've put this in the Mapping Discussion forum. Can you take a screen shot of your map zoomed all the way out with the TER overaly on? (The one that shows all the territory sectors), I have a good hunch what it is, but what to see the map before hand.

http://puu.sh/nErYo/14ecc0f4fe.jpg

Here it is
13 Mar 2016, 01:03 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Here it is

Does it show up in the modding hub, but everything is blank? Or does it not show up at all?

Edit: Derp, you already said it doesn't show up. What is your file path?

Edit 2: Also running the game with -dev on does literally nothing when it comes to your map, it is better to have it off, since it is not needed for mapping.
13 Mar 2016, 01:10 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Here it is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\NAME OF YOUR MAP

Inside the folder with the name of your map is where all your files that get compressed into .sga go. There should be 9 files.

The name of your map folder and the actual name of your map half to be the same. No special characters, and no spaces.

The scenarios properties name can be w/e you want though, as that is the name that shows up in the modding hub and in game, it will default to the map name that you saved it under.

As for the .sga file that is made when you export, it should automatically go to this file path.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios

If you are missing any of the folders simply create it, however it should already be there. You should not have to create any files your self, to get it to work, once it is exported (as long as it is named correctly and in the correct folders) it should work.
13 Mar 2016, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 01:03 AMTric

Does it show up in the modding hub, but everything is blank? Or does it not show up at all?

Edit: Derp, you already said it doesn't show up. What is your file path?

Edit 2: Also running the game with -dev on does literally nothing when it comes to your map, it is better to have it off, since it is not needed for mapping.

The .sgb is here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios

the .sga is here: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\scenarios\subscriptions
and here, cause i wasn't sure: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\scenarios\

the .mod is here: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\NS1
and here, cause i wasn't sure: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\scenarios\
13 Mar 2016, 01:14 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The .sgb is here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios

the .sga is here: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\scenarios\subscriptions

the .mod is here: F:\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\NS1

The .sgb is here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME

then put all your sgb files (should be 9 items currently just floating around in scenarios, inside of there. Also make sure that your map file name is the exact same as the folder name with no special characters or spaces.
13 Mar 2016, 01:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 01:14 AMTric

The .sgb is here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\mp\YOURMAPNAME

then put all your sgb files (should be 9 items currently just floating around in scenarios, inside of there. Also make sure that your map file name is the exact same as the folder name with no special characters or spaces.

I did this, and still it does not show up in Manage or when i try to select a map.
13 Mar 2016, 01:22 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

if you are trying to get an actual mod that you made or dl'd to work on the map, you first need to select the map you want then go to options and select the tuning pack that you want to use.
13 Mar 2016, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 01:22 AMTric
if you are trying to get an actual mod that you made or dl'd to work on the map, you first need to select the map you want then go to options and select the tuning pack that you want to use.

I do not think I am using any mod assets... By mod location, I meant the scenario pack when trying to make the map into a mod..
13 Mar 2016, 01:28 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I do not think I am using any mod assets... By mod location, I meant the scenario pack when trying to make the map into a mod..

You don't make a map into a mod.

Does your map show up in game?
13 Mar 2016, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 01:28 AMTric

You don't make a map into a mod.

Does your map show up in game?

No
13 Mar 2016, 01:31 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

No

then your file path of your file naming is wrong.

Trying opening your map, and saving it as a different name "test1", when you save it put it in a folder inside the mp folder called "test1" then when it saves, export it. See if that works.
13 Mar 2016, 01:37 AM

Should I export as well?
13 Mar 2016, 01:40 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Should I export as well?

yes... that is the only way the it will show up in the game.
13 Mar 2016, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 01:40 AMTric

yes... that is the only way the it will show up in the game.

Where do i put the exported file? the .sga?
13 Mar 2016, 01:43 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

it goes to the correct place automatically........ + i posted where the sga file goes and the sgb files go earlier. Once it is exported load up coh 2 and then you would publish it from there... you don't need to do anything else.
13 Mar 2016, 01:46 AM

You kick ass. Thanks so much
13 Mar 2016, 01:47 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

You kick ass. Thanks so much

lol does it work now?
13 Mar 2016, 01:49 AM

It does. I think it was the /mp/name/ thing that fixed it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias