Login

russian armor

Why is OKW Panzer IV so bad?

10 Mar 2016, 19:07 PM

It's so inaccurate, it can't even kill a stuart reliably even if you give it 5-6 shots. And its rounds don't do much damage against infrantry either. Would rather have the Ostheer PIV given that the OKW PIV is so damn expensive.
10 Mar 2016, 19:12 PM

First of all it's not a bad tank, it could use a bit more penetration, but the rest is fine. Probably scaling to be the best medium tank available. The difference in fuel cost is mainly because of the armour skirts and it's extra levels of veterancy. When it reaches vet 2 and further it becomes an beast. Also the OKW Pz4 and Ost Pz4 are comepletely the same except on these 2 points.
10 Mar 2016, 19:17 PM

I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say "user error". It greatly helps accuracy if you have your tanks shoot while stationary (most tanks have a pretty hefty accuracy penalty while moving).

10 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

Not sure what the deflection damage is on a PIV but even when it doesn't pen it seems to do considerable damage.

Little 25 ton tank has the same armour as a Churchill and a better AI gun to boot. One of the last units in the game I would consider to be underpowered....
Uhu
11 Mar 2016, 05:48 AM

Drive, pause, shoot, repeat.
15 Mar 2016, 18:17 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I am guessing you just got off a game after having a bad experience with the tank. Remember a lot of the outcomes in this game are randomized and you may want to play with it some more to have more data to work with. I know that the PIV CAN miss a stuart 6 times and not kill infantry in an engagement, but that doesn't mean it usually does.
15 Mar 2016, 21:26 PM

take it easy ,not bad tank but just expensive. attack miss lol remind me panthers on move missing almost50% or more
AVA
16 Mar 2016, 07:04 AM

I'd have to agree at some point though, the OKW p4 is actually pretty bad and I don't like it either. I am never lucky with this tank, which is the reason I skip it in nearly all my games as OKW.
16 Mar 2016, 14:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I think a PIV will be a decent support for your Jagdtiger in 2vs2 (provided you go Breakthrough Doctrine of course): You can prevent flanks from hostile AT infantry/armour as well as flank AT guns which could harass your Jagdtiger. At higher ranks of veterancy an OKW PIV can be quite amazing - at least as supporting/harassing unit. You just have to keep an eye on it because it can be destroyed rather quickly compared to the heavier pieces of OKW armour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★