Login

russian armor

OKW infantry vet vs UKF is broken

12 Mar 2016, 13:12 PM
Donator 33

Is it possible to lock vet levels behind upgrades?
12 Mar 2016, 13:34 PM

I thought the vcoh PE buying vet system was pretty cool.
12 Mar 2016, 16:44 PM

OKW shouldn't even get 5 level of veterancy, their resources income are no longer crippled. Okw late game doesn't need to be any more powerful.

what is this? Company of Empires 2: Age of heroes? where every faction must be exactly the same with sligly diferences? because that would go down on british x2doctrine, defensive bonuses and racks; muricans decrew and racks; soviet 6 man crews and... i sincerely dont know what osthern does have. The point is that every faction has his stuff, deleting it would make the game just lame.
12 Mar 2016, 22:12 PM

I was responding to your post concerning the okw's lack of cache and the fact OKW tanks is more expensive.

wehr can easily build cache for okw in team game, and the OKW tanks are more expensive because they are better than their wehr counter part.

let's do something different with OKW. Allow them to increase fuel income at the expense of mp income via the repair truck. Something similar to the old soviet industry, but you can toggle it on and off as needed.
That's actually an interesting idea.
13 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM

The game is called "company of heroes" where one of the key gameplay mechanics is unit preservation and vet; it takes skill and micro to get it. vCoH tried the vet purchase or upgrade mechanic and I agree with Relic that it goes against this in CoH2. Keep in mind they tried it again with elite troops vet training ability, but ultimately removed it due also in part to other factors such as timing.
13 Mar 2016, 17:57 PM
Donator 33

The game is called "company of heroes" where one of the key gameplay mechanics is unit preservation and vet; it takes skill and micro to get it. vCoH tried the vet purchase or upgrade mechanic and I agree with Relic that it goes against this in CoH2. Keep in mind they tried it again with elite troops vet training ability, but ultimately removed it due also in part to other factors such as timing.

I don't want vet to be buyable like it was in COH1. I just wanted to know if it was possible to lock certain vet ranks (vet 4 and vet 5 for example) so that you'd have to spend ressources unlock them.

For example: 100MP + some fuel to unlock vet 4. That doesn't mean all vet 3 units gain vet 4 instantly after upgrading. You'd still have to gain vet by fighting.
14 Mar 2016, 00:33 AM

what is this? Company of Empires 2: Age of heroes? where every faction must be exactly the same with sligly diferences? because that would go down on british x2doctrine, defensive bonuses and racks; muricans decrew and racks; soviet 6 man crews and... i sincerely dont know what osthern does have. The point is that every faction has his stuff, deleting it would make the game just lame.

the 2 extra level of veterancy is a balance issue. The british hammer and anvil is just their t4 research. Weapon rack is just another way to get weapon upgrades. The soviet mortar and atg are both slower firing than their wehr counterpart.

previously the 2 extra level of vet was balanced by their lower income, but that penalty is now gone.
14 Mar 2016, 01:21 AM

the 2 extra level of veterancy is a balance issue. The british hammer and anvil is just their t4 research. Weapon rack is just another way to get weapon upgrades. The soviet mortar and atg are both slower firing than their wehr counterpart.

previously the 2 extra level of vet was balanced by their lower income, but that penalty is now gone.
for me new factions tech is an issue, they dont need to waste pioners to build the basebuildings and get free bonuses upon doing it. And decrew is op, lowers popcap and repairs wherever they want. Everything of this should be a serious imbalance threat for you aswell if you think vet 5 is a balance issue
14 Mar 2016, 04:28 AM

for me new factions tech is an issue, they dont need to waste pioners to build the basebuildings and get free bonuses upon doing it. And decrew is op, lowers popcap and repairs wherever they want. Everything of this should be a serious imbalance threat for you aswell if you think vet 5 is a balance issue

not needing engineers to tech is a perk of the OKW as well, especially since their sturmpio is better than either the Rear ech or the sov engineer. Okw doesn't need side tech to get grenades or schreck either, compared to the USF or UKF.

All those issue are more of an ost problem than OKW problem, how does it justified the the OKW getting vet 5?
14 Mar 2016, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 19:01 PMRollo
I know it's only been a day since the patch, but I think there is a rather obvious problem here once you play a game as brits vs OKW after the 20min mark.

It seems like the terminator OKW from WFA alpha are back in all their glory

Now certain units like volks/sturms/MG34 are fine, but the problem here is obers/jaegers/panzerfusillers that seem to utterly destroy any number of British infantry once they get vet.

Spend 300mp, 50 fuel and 120 muni for double bren tommies? too bad one vet 5 Jaeger squad seems to solo your units anyway while he buys tanks.

Replay attached highlights the problems imo, 5 man double bren units not even tickling OKW inf. Just hold out till jagdpanzer/vet inf and you win as axis

https://www.coh2.org/replay/50478/vet-needs-an-overhaul

In the replay you posted, yopu gave a Jaeger squad a Bren, so of course when they reach vet 5 with a Bren they are going to murder your inf.
14 Mar 2016, 05:19 AM

Seeing as IS dropping Brens is a bug, it may be unwise to so equip them but does have implications for the scalability and useability of the unit.
14 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

not needing engineers to tech is a perk of the OKW as well, especially since their sturmpio is better than either the Rear ech or the sov engineer. Okw doesn't need side tech to get grenades or schreck either, compared to the USF or UKF.

All those issue are more of an ost problem than OKW problem, how does it justified the the OKW getting vet 5?
as you see, i included on my previous comment "Bonus from tech op" and this applies to both sides. But whatever, i was being sarcastic, none of those are op, they are faction caracteristic that if they are took out would only be good for people that only plays the contrary side. I sincerely wont like this game if stuff like that ones start to dissapear from the game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★