Login

russian armor

Panther Armour

9 Mar 2016, 22:27 PM

panther is dedicated tank hunter with mg become decent vs inf
comet is generalist will deal damage to armor and inf alike
stop doing comparison
hue hue my generalist lost to a tank hunter

well some people believe that allied vehicles could flank and win this tank hunter. i disagree and this is where this conversation got to. in reality, there's nothing to balance here.
10 Mar 2016, 00:07 AM

well some people believe that allied vehicles could flank and win this tank hunter. i disagree and this is where this conversation got to. in reality, there's nothing to balance here.

Try to repel a Panther (2-3) rush with USF and you will think twice about your statement.
10 Mar 2016, 00:13 AM

Try to repel a Panther (2-3) rush with USF and you will think twice about your statement.

Jackson,zook blob ? (M20 mine)kek
10 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM

Don't suppose we can close this thread? So far off topic now and its not coming back.
10 Mar 2016, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:17 AMGumboot
Don't suppose we can close this thread? So far off topic now and its not coming back.
yes please
10 Mar 2016, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

The problem is not in the panther. Its in noobs that use mindless builds. What I mean is that the most obvious mindless strat for bad player is to build as many expensive tanks as possible. The most expensive spammable (not limited to one) axis tank is panther which happens to be tank hunter. Most expensive spammable allied tanks are generally generalist tanks. That means mindless axis build counters mindless allied build even without player intention. So allied team looses and comes to .org to call panther OP.

The same pattern goes further. If axis panther spammer comes across allied player who is smart enough to know that zook blob hardcounters panthers, axis player will loose and come to .org to whine about how OP the riflemen are.

That said in my opinion panthers are second best ballanced units in game after pgrens.
10 Mar 2016, 00:50 AM

allied player who is smart enough to know that zook blob hardcounters panthers

:lolol:

.... seriously, with one volley of 10 bazookas you do a whopping 425 damage! What a counter!
10 Mar 2016, 01:10 AM

Next thing we gonna learn that crappy soviet at guns from urban defense hard counter kt. Just gotta spam 20 of them.

And then there comes terminator obers who fnished with zook blob.
10 Mar 2016, 01:21 AM
Donator 11

.... seriously, with one volley of 10 bazookas you do a whopping 425 damage! What a counter!

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 01:10 AMJadame!
Next thing we gonna learn that crappy soviet at guns from urban defense hard counter kt. Just gotta spam 20 of them.

And then there comes terminator obers who fnished with zook blob.

Come on guys, of course it doestn't apply on top level. But these are the "problems" that many people struggle with in this game and belive it or not it affects forum trashposting. Some players play 1000 games without rethinking their strategy and build, staying on the same point in ladder whole this time. They just get angry when one of their units get nerfed in a patch and come to forums when they have a minus streak. Its facts. Don't read my post through your own experience becouse there is a level down there where this game has much different rules. I dived down there once out of curiosity so you can belive me :p
10 Mar 2016, 01:44 AM

Well and we have our own problem with panthers. Panther is RNG BS tanks, sometimes it misses 5 shots in a row, sometimes it survives frontal engagment with 2 t34-85s in point blank range with less than 1/3 health at the begining :S

I always ram panthers to finish them with 34-85s when unsure about result, it safest bet to get rid of it, besides ram helps to catch up with blitzing panther.

Obviously, any infantry-based AT is good deterrent factor against panther, but its not gonna kill it untill panther decides to stand in front of 3 at guns (and they will bounce half of their shots anyway), but in tanks engagements it as close to being unflankable as it gets.

To sum it up, panther is not ultimative tank, but it kinda imbalanced from lack of side armor, and cause huge amount of frustration from miracle RNG sometimes. But then again i hate how inaccurate panther on the move (but, to be fair, command panthers mark target neglects that weakness).
10 Mar 2016, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 01:44 AMJadame!
Well and we have our own problem with panthers. Panther is RNG BS tanks, sometimes it misses 5 shots in a row, sometimes it survives frontal engagment with 2 t34-85s in point blank range with less than 1/3 health at the begining :S

I always ram panthers to finish them with 34-85s when unsure about result, it safest bet to get rid of it, besides ram helps to catch up with blitzing panther.

Obviously, any infantry-based AT is good deterrent factor against panther, but its not gonna kill it untill panther decides to stand in front of 3 at guns (and they will bounce half of their shots anyway), but in tanks engagements it as close to being unflankable as it gets.

To sum it up, panther is not ultimative tank, but it kinda imbalanced from lack of side armor, and cause huge amount of frustration from miracle RNG sometimes. But then again i hate how inaccurate panther on the move (but, to be fair, command panthers mark target neglects that weakness).

I try not to say anything pro-Allies neg-Axis just because all the pro-Axis players will jump on and nitpick anything you say. Just look at all the new posts that already came up proclaiming OP Allies before hotfix was even applied.
10 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM

http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=m9_bazooka_mp
redo math class
10 Mar 2016, 18:28 PM

I try not to say anything pro-Allies neg-Axis just because all the pro-Axis players will jump on and nitpick anything you say...

There is a difference between stating an opinion like "Imo Panther is too fast", and claiming things that are simply not true like "allied tanks can not keep up with the Panther".

One is entitled to his opinion, one should also check his facts before posting them as facts...
10 Mar 2016, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 18:28 PMMyself

There is a difference between stating an opinion like "Imo Panther is too fast", and claiming things that are simply not true like "allied tanks can not keep up with the Panther".

One is entitled to his opinion, one should also check his facts before posting them as facts...

here's my copy and paste:

Hey kiddo. He's being sarcastic.
What he really means is... have you tried flanking a panther? It's speed is good even with snare. Have you ever chased a panther in full reverse? haha, I don't think you can keep up with it or flank it unless enemy is AFK or just bad.

Also, why must you invest 3-4 tanks to counter 1? You know a good/decent player will have pak40 or shrek blob right behind it. Wipe, wipe, wipe. There goes your allied tanks.

THERE YOU GO. PLEASE READ ORIGINAL post as it complies to YOUR STANDARDS. One should check posts just as much as checking facts.

Again, show me a cromwell/comet chasing a panther where cromwell/comet surpasses panther AND beats it. Most likely by the time the crom/comet has caught it to the panther, it's dead. Next!
10 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

Well, because the discussion is now about the panther being to hard to counter, has anyone actually tried flanking behind it while it's assaulting a position? If you can't get behind it, then either the map sucks, or there's some invisible magic wall preventing you from flanking around.
10 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

Well, because the discussion is now about the panther being to hard to counter, has anyone actually tried flanking behind it while it's assaulting a position? If you can't get behind it, then either the map sucks, or there's some invisible magic wall preventing you from flanking around.

I believe you are correct. It still sort of related to the armor though. As the panther retreats, it's frontal armor allows it to escape via RNG.

Sure, I believe you can flank a panther. I just think that it can still retreat favorably and justifiably so because it has a heavy fuel cost.

As for RedTerror's comment: If the enemy has 2-3 panthers, that must be very heavy late game or of course team games in which case it is difficult to outmanuever. However, I'm sure someone will jump in and say team games don't matter so that's why I look at the unit more or less from a 1s or 2s point of view.

The other small thing I notice while playing is that vehicles ordered to move forward sometimes roll backwards for 1 sec before going forward again. I believe this happens to all vehicles in all factions and I'm not exactly sure why it happens.
10 Mar 2016, 19:19 PM

I believe you are correct. It still sort of related to the armor though. As the panther retreats, it's frontal armor allows it to escape via RNG.

Sure, I believe you can flank a panther. I just think that it can still retreat favorably and justifiably so because it has a heavy fuel cost.

As for RedTerror's comment: If the enemy has 2-3 panthers, that must be very heavy late game or of course team games in which case it is difficult to outmanuever. However, I'm sure someone will jump in and say team games don't matter so that's why I look at the unit more or less from a 1s or 2s point of view.

The other small thing I notice while playing is that vehicles ordered to move forward sometimes roll backwards for 1 sec before going forward again. I believe this happens to all vehicles in all factions and I'm not exactly sure why it happens.

I suppose it'll be really difficult to flank a panther once it reaches vet 2 (side armor)...

If flanking fails, you can always try to body block, and send in a swarm of allied tanks to slowly ingest it. :foreveralone:

Six T-34/76s ramming one panther at the same time...
10 Mar 2016, 21:10 PM

Again, show me a cromwell/comet chasing a panther where cromwell/comet surpasses panther AND beats it. Most likely by the time the crom/comet has caught it to the panther, it's dead. Next!

If a Panther can win the tank chasing it actually has no reason to run in the first place so the speed is not that important...PLS identify what the issue is in your opinion (speed? able to win 1vs1? paks shreck waiting in ambush?) and stop asking from me to provide you with video...
10 Mar 2016, 22:37 PM

http://www.stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=m9_bazooka_mp
redo math class

Technically he actually did. If all of them were fired on panthers (vet0) front armor, and all of them hit, 37,5% pen chance (120/320) gives 0,375x10 shots x 80 dmg (=300 penetrating shots) + 0,625x10x20 (=125 deflection) = 425 damage on avarage.

Of course that's disregarding any RNG, as well as one's obviously doing it wrong if firing zooks at panthers front armor.
11 Mar 2016, 00:12 AM

Technically he actually did. If all of them were fired on panthers (vet0) front armor, and all of them hit, 37,5% pen chance (120/320) gives 0,375x10 shots x 80 dmg (=300 penetrating shots) + 0,625x10x20 (=125 deflection) = 425 damage on avarage.

Of course that's disregarding any RNG, as well as one's obviously doing it wrong if firing zooks at panthers front armor.

Firing zook from front when you could easily nade it and go for side armor ......
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★