Login

russian armor

Are Rangers worth it?

8 Mar 2016, 23:11 PM

Does anyone use Rangers, when Rifles perform quite well at the same thing, which is AI? 400MP and 100 Muni seems quite steep for such a fragile unit.

Is there any scope (hope) that they could come standard with zooks, then they might be a little more versatile?
8 Mar 2016, 23:17 PM

They work better on maps which have a lot of close quarters combat. On those maps they murder everything. In long range maps, you're better off with M1919 paras if you want to use elite infantry or just BAR riflemen.
8 Mar 2016, 23:20 PM

Did you know, Rangers can also get weapons from the rack, and can carry 3. Did you know I once destroyed 2 KT's and 1 JT in one go. with 3 rangers and a sergeant carrying in total of 11 bazookas. It was hilarous
8 Mar 2016, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 23:20 PMNefer
Did you know, Rangers can also get weapons from the rack, and can carry 3. Did you know I once destroyed 2 KT's and 1 JT in one go. with 3 rangers and a sergeant carrying in total of 11 bazookas. It was hilarous

How many weapons can they carry if upgraded with Thompsons?
8 Mar 2016, 23:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't have em', but I'm pretty sure the Thompsons take up all of the slots.
8 Mar 2016, 23:27 PM

Its a choice, its either 3 weapons from the rack, or 3 Thompsons. So far I noticed if you have 2 weapons from the rack you can still upgrade to Thompsons, but when having 3 weapons from rack Thompson upgrade is blocked. When you do have 2 weapons from the rack and do the Thompson upgrade. I dunno what will happen, never did it myself
8 Mar 2016, 23:35 PM

I haven't tried rangers since they were on the free to play rotation but i think you can upgrade them to thompsons and still pick up 1 weapon from the ground/weapon racks
8 Mar 2016, 23:39 PM

I haven't tried rangers since they were on the free to play rotation but i think you can upgrade them to thompsons and still pick up 1 weapon from the ground/weapon racks

I play them frequently, and yes, this is true.
9 Mar 2016, 00:41 AM

Does anyone use Rangers, when Rifles perform quite well at the same thing, which is AI? 400MP and 100 Muni seems quite steep for such a fragile unit.

Is there any scope (hope) that they could come standard with zooks, then they might be a little more versatile?

Rifles are better at long range. Rangers are better at close range, obviously. Yes, they perform quite well for their cost. If you want a volk shreck blob wiped, just get a ranger squad. Rifle are good, but they will rarely ever wipe any squads if the opponent has good micro.

Rangers can just chew apart anything that doesn't hit retreat by the time they're in their face.
9 Mar 2016, 02:41 AM
Patrion 27

Riflemen have a target size of .97 while Ranger have .8 and they also regenerate health outside of combat at veterancy two.

Other than that I think they're a total bullshit unit. All they do is throw a standard grenade and get Thompsons... Wow Relic, you really went deep in the think tank coming up with this P2W commander :hansGASM:

They are totally generic and uninspired and their unit description labels them as "marksmanship experts" while they spawn with M1 Carbines and can get Thompsons.

I would say Paratroopers are strictly better, but they have a target size of one which can be rough.

9 Mar 2016, 02:45 AM

A squad of them can be really useful. If you get more then 1 you may be asking to get suppressed and shot down from long range. Using 1 as a flanker or a decap unit is strong.
AVA
9 Mar 2016, 03:00 AM

Riflemen have a target size of .97 while Ranger have .8 and they also regenerate health outside of combat at veterancy two.

Other than that I think they're a total bullshit unit. All they do is throw a standard grenade and get Thompsons... Wow Relic, you really went deep in the think tank coming up with this P2W commander :hansGASM:

They are totally generic and uninspired and their unit description labels them as "marksmanship experts" while they spawn with M1 Carbines and can get Thompsons.

I would say Paratroopers are strictly better, but they have a target size of one which can be rough.

The thing is, rangers are inside a good overall commander (pershing, bunkers, mines, rangers) and the para's are in an overall bad commander.. I would've used para's if there were other options beside Airborne.
9 Mar 2016, 03:03 AM

with Thompsons there is 1 slot open left, for a BAR or ZOOK
9 Mar 2016, 03:07 AM

They are good. Everyone stopped using them cuz of the calliope commander...
9 Mar 2016, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All they do is throw a standard grenade and get Thompsons

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 03:00 AMAVA

The thing is, rangers are inside a good overall commander (pershing, bunkers, mines, rangers) and the para's are in an overall bad commander.. I would've used para's if there were other options beside Airborne.

Both of this statements.
10 Mar 2016, 01:06 AM

I used to think Para's were better than Rangers, but then I realized Rangers reinforce around 3 times faster than a Para squad.
10 Mar 2016, 02:14 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 01:06 AMvarunax

I used to think Para's were better than Rangers, but then I realized Rangers reinforce around 3 times faster than a Para squad.

Paras can reinforce from beacons though. :luvDerp:

Paratroopers are to Panzerfusiliers as Fallschirmjäger are to Rangers. In fact, I find Breakthrough and Airborne quite similar in that they both have an awesome infantry unit to fill wholes in your composition and a strong late game ability... and nothing else. (Jagd Tiger aside :P )
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★