Login

russian armor

So. no Japan or Italy , but a THIRD German Army?

7 Mar 2016, 10:11 AM

Topic says it all.

Would it be a better idea?

What units could be on it?

And how would it play to make it different enough from Ostheer and OKW?

Right of the bat I can thing of units like Knights Cross, Hummel, Flak 88, Panzer III, Jagdpanther.

7 Mar 2016, 10:31 AM
Patrion 14

As always, I'm rooting for the Luftwaffe / Hermann Göring Panzerkorps faction. Field blue uniforms, theme of army would be spammable trash screening fragile hard hitters.

The HG PzKorps fought on all fronts, so makes sense historically.

T0 Luftwaffe Ground Troops for basic trash infantry / builder, Kettenkrad scout/capper.

T1 buildable Falls for fragile elite infantry. 10,5cm LG 40 for Antitank and light arty.

T2 Panzer III for cheap medium armor. Wirbelwind for suppression / AI. Marder III for fragile AT armor. PzIII upgradable to Flammpanzer III.

T3 Wespe for heavy arty, Nashorn for heavy fragile AT, StuH heavy fragile AI

FlaK 88 and Quad flak as emplacements.
7 Mar 2016, 10:42 AM
7 Mar 2016, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 10:31 AMSappi
As always, I'm rooting for the Luftwaffe / Hermann Göring Panzerkorps faction. Field blue uniforms, theme of army would be spammable trash screening fragile hard hitters.

T0 Luftwaffe Ground Troops for basic trash infantry / builder, Kettenkrad scout/capper.

T1 buildable Falls for fragile elite infantry. 10,5cm LG 40 for Antitank and light arty.

T2 Panzer III for cheap medium armor. Wirbelwind for suppression / AI. Marder III for fragile AT armor. PzIII upgradable to Flammpanzer III.

Cudos.
7 Mar 2016, 10:52 AM

no stop new factions
if you need new faction import panzerlehr from coh1
7 Mar 2016, 11:03 AM

I'm gonna quote myself from another topic which was about the same stuff:

So let me get this straight?

On the allied side there are three different distinct faction with USF, Brits, and USSR. Representing all the three big allied players.

But then on the axis there is Germans and... more Germans?

Where's Japan? Where's Italy? I'm honestly pretty disappointed, I kind of thought atleast one of them would be in the game with all the allies there.

Why would they do it like this?

Because the Axis strength in war was about 95% Germany. Italy simply sucked during WWII, losing everywhere all the time. Japan was a naval force with lots of ships and planes - both can't be used/controlled actively in Company of Heroes.
Both Allies of Germany were desperatly inferior to everything that the western Allies sent to war.

This was the Japanese main tank, the "Type 95 Ha-Go" which had the strength of no more than a Panzer II:

CoH is a game about infantry and tank micro.

Japan: Sucked at tanks
Italy: Sucked at tanks AND at infantry.

/Quote

I would prefer the Afrika Korps as a third German army.
And I'm sure the majority of the community is also in favor of this idea.
7 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM
Patrion 14

Afrika Korps has vastly outdated equipment by 44 / 45. All the relevant equipment AK used would fit Fallschirm-Panzerkorps better and be more historical to boot (they used Pz III late into the war), unless you insist troops should run around winter Stalingrad wearing shorts and pith helmets.
7 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM
Patrion 14

Panzer Lehr would be another good pick, though.
7 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

I want France Vichy as third faction.

Fun aside: I really enjoyed Panzers, Phase Two back then, which was, if recall properly, set in Africa. A faction that favours this idea would be in my interest too.
7 Mar 2016, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 11:11 AMSappi
Afrika Korps has vastly outdated equipment by 44 / 45. All the relevant equipment AK used would fit Fallschirm-Panzerkorps better and be more historical to boot (they used Pz III late into the war), unless you insist troops should run around winter Stalingrad wearing shorts and pith helmets.

Panzer III is nevertheless a good addition to the game imo. The Afrika Korps also used Tigers and 88mm Flaks. Their equipment is as outdated as the Soviet faction using T34-76 and SU-85.
7 Mar 2016, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 10:31 AMSappi

Maybe they could have an MG 08, it was used in WW2
But what infantry/builder units could it have?

And maybe a nebelwerfer?

BTW Italy would be better as a few commanders, with special italian units
7 Mar 2016, 13:57 PM

I wouldn't mind messing up balance completely by having a third faction, that does not belong to either Axis nor Allies. That faction is also able to battle itself, and in team-games, that faction can join either side.

How that'd fit historically, well, screw you history :D
7 Mar 2016, 14:04 PM

Afrika Corps or the return of the Panzer Elite would both be sweet. Also, did Relic confirm they're making a third German faction?
7 Mar 2016, 14:33 PM

Maybe Finnish troops from Continuation War:
A defensive, lightly armored faction, with pretty mobile troops and all units have resistance to cold weather in snowy maps and move at normal speed trough deep snow..

Infantry:
Conscripts:
Cheap basic infantry armed with M/28 rifles and can be upgraded with molotovs and DP-27 lmgs.
They are able to build trenches. Can use Panzerfaust. At Vet 2 can camouflage at static point.

Veteran Jägers:
More tough infantry that has both M/28 rifles as well as Finnish SMGs, grenades and Satchel charges.
Also able to build trenches and unit can be upgraded with Panzerschrecks. At vet 1 can camouflage at static point.

Pioneers:
Can build variety of defensive structures as well as place AT mines and demo charges. Can be upgraded with flamethrowers.

Tank destroyers (Doctrinal):
Squad armed with Lahti L-39 AT rifle can counter light vehicles and works also as AA unit.

Sniper (Doctrinal):
Elite sniper unit.

Weapon teams:
Pak 40 AT gun.

Maxim M/09-21 machine gun team.

120 mm mortar squad.

Armor:
Vickers Mark E with 45 mm guns.

T-34

StuG III:
Can be upgraded with logs to improve armor.
7 Mar 2016, 15:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that Relic will not add 6th faction to the game. As you can see, COH2 is nearly in abandoned state, there are only a few developers currently working on it, game become broken in some way after every patch. I think UKF will be their last massive content pack for our lovely game and they will just polish it.
Maybe we will see some commanders with previously unused content (Commisar? T-34-76 with stuff?), we will definetly see new War Spoils system, but not new faction.
7 Mar 2016, 15:59 PM
Donator 33

We'll get new commanders (Desert Fox Doctrine, Desert War Doctrine, Something Desert Something Doctrine) with all the great stuff the community has asked for :romeoHairDay:
7 Mar 2016, 16:22 PM

We'll get new commanders (Desert Fox Doctrine, Desert War Doctrine, Something Desert Something Doctrine) with all the great stuff the community has asked for :romeoHairDay:

Advanced Desert Regiment?

7 Mar 2016, 18:54 PM
Patrion 14

Maybe they could have an MG 08, it was used in WW2
But what infantry/builder units could it have?

And maybe a nebelwerfer?

BTW Italy would be better as a few commanders, with special italian units

Of course, the Nebel! How could I forget. Put that in T1 for smoke generation and indirect suppression, but low lethality. Drop LG 40 to the 7,5 cm version for mainly AT duty. MG 08 would work well too in this faction, though people would complain about having another Maxim-derivative.

Infantry would be Luftwaffe Ground Troops as builder units and very cheap spammable trash, Fallschirmjägers as fragile elite inf, and maybe HG PzGrenadiers for mid-tier infantry? Though I don't know how to differentiate them from the existing Grens and PzGrens, other than having a field blue uniform and Splittertarn camo.
7 Mar 2016, 19:06 PM
Patrion 14

Actually, now having looked through the A Korps equipment, only the Panzerjäger I and Panzer II F are really all that out-of-place.. I still think that the desert gear doesn't fit well in to CoH2, and all the other AK equipment can be incorporated into the game through the Fallschirm-Panzerkorps, which would thematically be more suitable.

A detachment of the early formation that evolved into the FS-PzKorps even fought in North Africa along the Afrika Korps..
7 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

I vote for Afrika Korps. Heck Brits even have a desert camo for their tanks already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 43
Russian Federation 38

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment