Login

russian armor

the lost of veterancy and balance...

7 Mar 2016, 01:02 AM

does the balance actually seems to improve now that infantry veterancy is kind of useless? the bar rifleman can actually handle most infantry now that veterancy is no longer in play.
7 Mar 2016, 02:02 AM

Not really, it just means whoever can buy the most firepower comes out on top. Also, ever since Bar and Rifle vet3 buffs, they've never really had an issue with elite Axis infantry.

Conscripts in particular really suffer from this.
7 Mar 2016, 02:09 AM

Not really, it just means whoever can buy the most firepower comes out on top. Also, ever since Bar and Rifle vet3 buffs, they've never really had an issue with elite Axis infantry.

lmao who needs conscripts when you have M A X I M S
7 Mar 2016, 02:24 AM

. Also, ever since Bar and Rifle vet3 buffs, they've never really had an issue with elite Axis infantry.

the problem in the beginning was that the axis veterancy was too high. the rifleman's +30% accuracy and -23% incoming accuracy get outclassed by the grenadier's +40% accu and -23% inc accu.

then there's the okw's 5 level of vet.
7 Mar 2016, 02:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Any infantry without weapon upgrades is at a serious disadvantage. Cons especially, the maxim meta is annoying as fuck right now.
7 Mar 2016, 02:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I do think it feels decently well, aside from Soviet base infantry being downright useless once upgrades hit the field.
7 Mar 2016, 03:02 AM

If I think STG44 Obers are powerful now, I don't want to see them after vet is fixed.
7 Mar 2016, 03:23 AM

Personally, I think its an artificial balance. The lack of Vet means both players more or less have an equal chance to win because squad wipes mean a lot less and its easier to come back after a set-back. Its probably masking a lot of other imbalances that may exist.

Personally I'd much rather be rewarded for unit preservation and need to rebalance some units than punish skilled play by giving players mulligans with fresh Vet 0 Units performing as good as yours (barring lost Upgrades).

On a side note, PPSH Cons FTW right now >.>
7 Mar 2016, 03:25 AM

lmao who needs conscripts when you have M A X I M S

Cons and penals, forever useless :foreveralone:
7 Mar 2016, 03:45 AM

Technically if you keep all your models alive you still get all the vet bonuses. In reality this is very difficult so the result is inconsistency. If you want to play smart, as soon as a squad hits vet 3, keep it behind new recruits and fully upgrade with lmgs to minimise model loss (wow such realism).

I've had fun putting heavy sappers with Vickers and Tommies in the M3 to minimise model loss since it counts as a green-cover "garrison." That way they'll mostly take health damage.
7 Mar 2016, 03:56 AM

I actually found it hard to believe that a bug can destroy infantry vet so badly until I experienced it myself. I had 4 panzerfusiliers with upgrade (5 star vet) and they had a hard time killing 3 rifleman squad with bars. I guess fusiliers did not receive the accuracy bonus they get when they were vetted up and then reinforced.
7 Mar 2016, 05:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 03:56 AMClick

I actually found it hard to believe that a bug can destroy infantry vet so badly until I experienced it myself. I had 4 panzerfusiliers with upgrade (5 star vet) and they had a hard time killing 3 rifleman squad with bars. I guess fusiliers did not receive the accuracy bonus they get when they were vetted up and then reinforced.

Was it a max-range fight? Confusingly, at long-range, BARs will win. At medium and less, the PFs will have the advantage.

Still pretty sure PFs will need their vet to win comfortably against double BAR Rifles though, without it they probably won't win against BAR rifles by a lot.
7 Mar 2016, 05:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 05:03 AMVuther

Was it a max-range fight? Confusingly, at long-range, BARs will win. At medium and less, the PFs will have the advantage.

Still pretty sure PFs will need their vet to win comfortably against double BAR Rifles though, without it they probably won't win against BAR rifles by a lot.

It was at medium range with sturm officer behind PFs.
7 Mar 2016, 06:12 AM

Unless I'm remembering this wrong, Kyle made a blog post saying that the offensive veterancy bug has been in the game since day 1. Which means it was never lost, it just never existed lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★