Login

russian armor

Remove Montargis Region from automatch

4 Mar 2016, 20:20 PM

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see an old map, one of my favorites from vCoH return, but it is not suited for CoH2 in any way. I'd also like to say they did a good job re-creating the map.

First off, the size. This is by far one of the largest maps in the entire game seen thus far. I never thought I'd say a map feels too large, but this one certainly does.

The fuel points being right next to each other, as well as both ammo is very poor map design. It means that whichever team controls one fuel / ammo almost certainly controls both considering how easy it is to wire off the fuel and camp the ammo with mgs. The resource points definitely need to be re-balanced / re-worked if this map is to function as a proper automatch map.

I find that this map also heavily favors axis due to the buildings in key strategic areas, as well as the ability to abuse sturmpios on the middle and right sides of the map early on. The fast-capping kubel makes this even more powerful as you can simply rush your sturms to the ammo / fuel and secure it before the allies even arrive while your fast-capping kubel mops up all the regular resource points on the way.

I've played about 5 matches on this map so far and every time it's just a chore, not enjoyment. It reminds me of the time a few months ago when Sittard Summer was in the automatch pool. I vetoed it for now, but I would still like to actually play this map in automatch if it was balanced better than it is currently.

tl;dr - this map needs to be re-balanced or removed from automatch.
4 Mar 2016, 23:52 PM
nee
5 Mar 2016, 01:18 AM

I like the map's general layout, but the detailing in world objects and placement of certain territories is problematic, to say the least.
5 Mar 2016, 01:26 AM

Nice map. Don't like it? Veto it.
5 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 01:18 AMnee
I like the map's general layout, but the detailing in world objects and placement of certain territories is problematic, to say the least.

Yes.Just swap fuel for the center munition and the problem should be fixed about resources
Hux
5 Mar 2016, 09:48 AM
Patrion 14

I'd definitely like to see more access routes throug the map. Going for the fuels with any kids d of vehicle is a nightmare. Half of the gateways are filled with double tank traps (??) seems more like a MOBA map than anything else.
5 Mar 2016, 09:51 AM

I have better idea, 2 additional vetoes for all modes.
5 Mar 2016, 10:21 AM

hate that shit, someone retarded chose this map and veto did not work properly
5 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM

I have to agree, this map either needs a serious rework in regards to available paths and resource positions or it should get removed from rotation.
5 Mar 2016, 13:36 PM

It has less cover than steppes, and its hard to have less than that map
5 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM
Donator 11

OP, if your having issues with sturms camping the fuel then how about playing defensively until you can get indirect fire into that area?
5 Mar 2016, 14:14 PM

5 Mar 2016, 15:07 PM
5 Mar 2016, 15:29 PM

OP, if your having issues with sturms camping the fuel then how about playing defensively until you can get indirect fire into that area?

hahaha, by the time you have one mortar you will be drowning in luchs and ACs.
5 Mar 2016, 15:52 PM
Donator 11

From what I understand the fastest Aec's and Luchs can get out are around 6 mins, a mortar can be fielded within 2 mins. Thanks for the reply but let's fill the threads with good debate not false hypothetical situations.
5 Mar 2016, 15:57 PM

2 minutes to spawn + 2 minutes to get in position, then another whole minute to start firing (soviet mortar takes forever to start firing for some reason).

so you have what, 1 minute window to do your thing? good luck.
5 Mar 2016, 19:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

From what I understand the fastest Aec's and Luchs can get out are around 6 mins, a mortar can be fielded within 2 mins. Thanks for the reply but let's fill the threads with good debate not false hypothetical situations.

This.:thumb:
5 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

Terrific map and I'd hate to see it go because this guy doesn't grasp the way it works.
6 Mar 2016, 16:38 PM
Donator 11

2 minutes to spawn + 2 minutes to get in position, then another whole minute to start firing (soviet mortar takes forever to start firing for some reason).

so you have what, 1 minute window to do your thing? good luck.

I know it's tough but you have 3 other allies mate. If you can see the situation coming then you are a step ahead of the game :D, in otherwords have your mate mass infantry while you take care of the indirect and anti-tank- For example, (Soviet build) Tech t2, Mortar, Script, Zis, then have your mate build forward infantry, (that should solve the Luchs/Aec problem plus you have indirect and plenty of infantry to take over the territory.

This game wouldn't be diverse in strategy if there was one sure way of winning against all situations. Also the same can be said about this strat with Axis but you'll have to use Grenadiers fausts as soft counters until you tech pak (alittle harder but still viable).
6 Mar 2016, 17:34 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS