Login

russian armor

AI is not working 100% on my map

4 Mar 2016, 13:35 PM

Hello, sometimes when i create a map, and i make sure you can walk everywhere fine and get to points fine the AI still is bugged, and what i mean with that sometimes they just stand in the spawn place and then maybe after some seconds/minutes they move?

What do i do as a map maker if this happens? I have had this before and it ended with me having to delete bridges i had and make a plain ground there but like a bridge, is this just because of bridges? Or why does this occur? I had this even more that this is nothing i can do about since they do let other program AI far as i know?

Please help me COH2.ORG map makers
4 Mar 2016, 17:59 PM

Regarding bridges and pathes:
  • Test all available pathes with infantry and vehicles separatley. Make sure your bridges fit to the ground and are crossable by infantry and vehicles in both directions.

Regarding AI:
  • Make sure all starting territories are big enough and are flated, supporting construction of base buildings.
  • Be sure there are enough Territory-Points on each map side.
  • Test your map gameplay against hardest CPU, cause easy acts like a potato.
5 Mar 2016, 09:54 AM

Hi Cas, for me, everything you say should be alright, so could you please try the map yourself and tell me what is that i have done wrong that makes the AI not attack?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637762791&searchtext=lacol

Im gonna remove 2 bridges connecting to the main small island, you will notice where they where if u try the map, and i would also like to add, to get the AI to attack and play we have to drive a small truck or any thing close to them so they see it, then it seems like they attack, so it something that they cant see the enemy or what? I dont get it?
5 Mar 2016, 14:26 PM

If anyone one that will google this and find that they are having a similar problem like this i can tell that i think i solved my problem now by removing flags from my ''mountain base area'' and making them far away resulting with the AI going down from their home base mountain to capture it leading to them going around all places, i also would like to add i removed all bridges so now they are going through all 3 paths i have on the maps like they did not do before when i only had bridges,

So in other words

Bridges + flags near a mountain area where your AI spawns = bad time

6 Mar 2016, 16:45 PM

So in other words

Bridges + flags near a mountain area where your AI spawns = bad time

Nice to see you could find the problems. I had also no difficulties while testing vs. Expert-CPU.

Here are some suggestions for you though.

Best regards! :thumb:
7 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

Hey, thank you for your reply and for testing the map :)

Re Territory points, my thoughts about that is this, i think that if i add 2 many points on a map that is that small, you will get resources too fast, and yeah, but i dont know what is a good mix to get plenty of resources, i mean i would like to add flags to it will be not too much resources to the players or not too little, i dont know how many is enough to be 50-50

Re River, that is a very good idea!! I wish i knew how though, do i just lower the ground? Is that how you do it?

Re corner of the map bridge, i believe that is a good idea, i will make that wider,

Re main bases pathes, the big one on the both sides was a really pain in the ass to make, and i wish i knew a easy way to do them, seriously, it was a really pain in the ass to make those, so i dont think i will edit those anymore in the main bases the big onces because of how hard it was to make them as they are, so sorry, if an easier way existed i would love to edit those,

Re the small path on the main bases top, i will consider it and see what i can do,

Atm im thinking of doing a remix of this map with only the middle island possible to cross through,

I mean i will remove the 2 paths on the sides and only have the middle, because i noticed when i was testing this map that the AI is kinda weird, they attack in 1 path and then they go to the middle path, then they go back to the second path, they never attack at 2 places at onces, they all group up and go in 1 path, then my team goes through the path they are not in, and then it just goes back and forth like that, and tbh i dont like that, so im gonna make a remix of the map and remove the 2 paths and keep the middle, and im gonna experiment on the remix version on river and stuff,

Again, thank you for testing the map and giving me the feedback pic, really was cool :) So thank you :)

And sorry for the wall of the text that i replied you back with :P

EDIT: I was wrong about thinking i know how to make that path for units to go in the water, i have no clue, do you know how?
7 Mar 2016, 20:46 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

EDIT: I was wrong about thinking i know how to make that path for units to go in the water, i have no clue, do you know how?

The water depth has to be very low in comparison with the height of the terrain, I think it was a .5 difference in vCoH, not sure if that carried over or not in CoH 2, it might be smaller, it might be more.

Just test it a few times and you should get it, but I'm pretty sure it is .5 difference.

EDIT: also in vCoH it would show as passable (not red in the grid) in the impass editor. You can refresh this after changes quickly by using control+shift+f5
8 Mar 2016, 23:26 PM

You can use the Ground tool to lower the ground, as tric explained, but that it is a very painfull process.

or do the trick by using splines.

This tip shows you how to do it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight