Login

russian armor

So was vet been fixed in the 25th patch?

3 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

Just a quick question, has the vet bug been fixed with the 25th patch yet? If not, is there a ETA? (I know it's relic)
3 Mar 2016, 14:58 PM
Donator 11

The bug was initially fixed but it coused even more problems, so they reverted it and are looking into a better and well tested solution. Whats more right now the vet bug couses not only offensive but also defensive vet to fade out with dying models.

So yeah, it wasn't fixed and as far as I know the official ETA is ASAP :P
3 Mar 2016, 15:02 PM

Hello.

What is remarquable is that the bug made the game closer to reality than the original game system ^^.

Kozokus.
3 Mar 2016, 15:12 PM

Hello.

What is remarquable is that the bug made the game closer to reality than the original game system ^^.

Kozokus.

Not sure if I understood you correctly, but what was the original system? That infantry units would lose veterency if their veterans died, and they'd have to vet up again? That could have been interesting...
3 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM

Not sure if I understood you correctly, but what was the original system? That infantry units would lose veterency if their veterans died, and they'd have to vet up again? That could have been interesting...

No, they don't vet up again. They PERMANENTLY lose their vet if they miss the checkpoint in the vet system. If they die and get reinforced at vet 2, then they'll only have vet 3 bonuses if they survive to reaching vet 3.
3 Mar 2016, 15:17 PM

I keep seeing people saying it will "take a couple of weeks" to fix the Vet bug but I never see a source cited... personally I'm just waiting for Relic's upcoming blog post which I assume will give us an ETA (hopefully one that is sooner rather than later)
3 Mar 2016, 15:18 PM

No, they don't vet up again. They PERMANENTLY lose their vet if they miss the checkpoint in the vet system. If they die and get reinforced at vet 2, then they'll only have vet 3 bonuses if they survive to reaching vet 3.

Ah yeah, sorry I completely misread Kozokus.
3 Mar 2016, 15:31 PM

Alright, well hopefully they fix it soon ugg. Right now, as a Russian team player, I feel like MG spam is still the only way to go...which I don't like because it's boring.

Because conscripts die sooo much faster than axis models, they just don't scale worth a crap because they're less likely to retain vet verses their axis counter part. So MG spam it is until they fix it, because even at vet one it can at least hold the volk flood back a little better.
3 Mar 2016, 15:35 PM

I keep seeing people saying it will "take a couple of weeks" to fix the Vet bug but I never see a source cited... personally I'm just waiting for Relic's upcoming blog post which I assume will give us an ETA (hopefully one that is sooner rather than later)

There's a thread on these forums about it with a response from a relic dev. But since there's no search function, you just have to trust me with that :D
3 Mar 2016, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 15:35 PMTNrg

There's a thread on these forums about it with a response from a relic dev. But since there's no search function, you just have to trust me with that :D

Its not ideal solution but generally the forums are well covered by google, you often can find posts or threads you need just by adding coh2.org to your google query.
3 Mar 2016, 17:08 PM

On Facebook yesterday, they said "potentially as early as next week."
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS