Do you use Brens on your Commandos?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
75%
Total votes: 28
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Mar 2016, 09:58 AM

Hey guys!

After getting good tips on a Paratrooper heavy USF build, I am now looking at a Commando heavy build using the ALO and the 350 MP Commandos and making heavy use of Raid Operations for the cutoff-caps.

Any ideas on how to center a strategy around them as main infantry?

0 - IS
1 - Vickers
2 - IS
3 - Engineers
4 - AEC/AT gun/Mortar Pit/Bofors ?
5 - ALO
6 - Commandos
7 - Weapon Racks for Bren Guns
8 - Commandos
9 - Comet

I have been having success equipping the ALO and commandos with their pimped up Bren guns. They can 1 vs 1 Obers and still sneak around and nade wipe squads if need be. Also, this keeps them out of constant balls deep infiltration maneuvers that get them wiped if not careful.
I feel like this will lack AT and other stuff.

Which tanks make the most sense in your opinion? I have been liking 1 Comet for the white phospherous round to give cover over VPs and kill teamweapons. Obviously it comes out very late and I have been punished for having two at a time.
2 Mar 2016, 16:38 PM

Commandos from Vanguard Operations is my main (if I play UKF)

0 - IS
1 - IS > 2 IS make you can save unit from gapcloser like strum
2 - Bren or Vickers > bren make you have more firepower for take VP
3 - Vickers or Bren > Vickers for hold VP
4 - IS > 3rd IS for more defensive firepower
5 - 2 AEC > with Raid Operations make you have more capture points
6 - engineer > for repair AEC
7 - ALO and Weapon racks
8 - 2 Commandos > if you good for stealth tactics you can wipe enemy units in a few sec
9 - Rush 1 Comet
10 - Flyfire for more firepower and cover Comet

In late game your commandos should have Vet3 and unstoppable if you need more anti-infantry unit just call crocodile
2 Mar 2016, 17:49 PM

Commandos from Vanguard Operations is my main (if I play UKF)

0 - IS
1 - IS > 2 IS make you can save unit from gapcloser like strum
2 - Bren or Vickers > bren make you have more firepower for take VP
3 - Vickers or Bren > Vickers for hold VP
4 - IS > 3rd IS for more defensive firepower
5 - 2 AEC > with Raid Operations make you have more capture points
6 - engineer > for repair AEC
7 - ALO and Weapon racks
8 - 2 Commandos > if you good for stealth tactics you can wipe enemy units in a few sec
9 - Rush 1 Comet
10 - Flyfire for more firepower and cover Comet

In late game your commandos should have Vet3 and unstoppable if you need more anti-infantry unit just call crocodile

I like the idea with 2 AEC for capping and holding out until the Comet. Do you get AT guns? Do you only outfit your ALO with Brens or also regular Commandos? What about Cromwells?

How do you deal with heavy mortar use or ISGs next to a Flak HQ?
2 Mar 2016, 20:46 PM

I like the idea with 2 AEC for capping and holding out until the Comet. Do you get AT guns? Do you only outfit your ALO with Brens or also regular Commandos? What about Cromwells?

How do you deal with heavy mortar use or ISGs next to a Flak HQ?

No, I didn't build any AT because AEC can do it well untill PanzerIV come out but rush to comet or firefly for anti enemy tank. never build cromwell cuz they badly than PzIV

with commandos I use 1 bren on ALO because Stengun are best high accuracy high damage output and commandos can stealth but ALO can't stealth. 2 commandos can wipe enemy unit in 2sec before they know what wrong happen.

Vanguard Operations is a frontline commander not a defensive like Advanced emplacement try to rush and beat them in early-mid game. I think rush best tank like Comet is better than waste resource for weak tank like cromwell
2 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

No, I didn't build any AT because AEC can do it well untill PanzerIV come out but rush to comet or firefly for anti enemy tank. never build cromwell cuz they badly than PzIV

with commandos I use 1 bren on ALO because Stengun are best high accuracy high damage output and commandos can stealth but ALO can't stealth. 2 commandos can wipe enemy unit in 2sec before they know what wrong happen.

Vanguard Operations is a frontline commander not a defensive like Advanced emplacement try to rush and beat them in early-mid game. I think rush best tank like Comet is better than waste resource for weak tank like cromwell

Okay that makes sense. Why only 1 Bren on ALO and not 2?
11 Mar 2016, 11:03 AM

I think it depends on how you gonna use the Commandos. Always give ALO 2 brens because it's cool :). About the Commandos, if you play then in sneaky way: no bren, offensive way: 1 bren, defensive way: 2 brens or 1 bren + 1 piat. I would use them along IS so probably 2 brens use I best (Just remember to give IS 1 piat, 1 bren, not 2 brens cause they will drop 1 when down to 3 or 2 men)
Uhu
11 Mar 2016, 20:25 PM

I only get AT guns if I think there's a good chance to use them against OKW HQS. Just attack ground with them.
11 Mar 2016, 20:54 PM

Are Commandos all that viable now that Vet works for UKF?

They seemed a bit meh even before you consider their vet does next to nothing..
2 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

i would also like to know this. ive been playing vanguard lately, and i dont find the commandos that worth it. is there a way your supposed to use them, utilizing their stealth? is it the AO with the forward retreat point that makes the ability worth it?

i like vangaurd, but compared to other commanders it seems a little weak. commandos dont really feel that good, i understand deploying them behind enemy lines and then using stealth and demo, but how do u use stealth when assaulting the enemy at the front?
2 Apr 2016, 23:21 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Are Commandos all that viable now that Vet works for UKF?

They seemed a bit meh even before you consider their vet does next to nothing..
Their vet gives them a speed increase, which is super useful if you are cloaking or closing in.
3 Apr 2016, 00:02 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Is this build in a 1v1 context, OP? If not, what game mode?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★