Login

russian armor

UKF need non-doc AT Nade for new 222?

Would it help balance to add the UKF AT Grenade to the Mill Bomb upgrade?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
11%
21%
10%
27%
Total votes: 96
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Mar 2016, 14:21 PM

I am bringing up the lack of British AT snare for Tommies or Royal Engineers (Brit Sniper requiring Vet 1 takes a while and is more fragile). With the 222 buffed HP I find the Brit AT gun plus small arms fire isn't able to reliably deal with it before it swoops behind my AT gun and wipes it(especially when a second one shows up).

I have really been feeling the lack of an AT snare and although I can go for one commander to get it(one commander metas are cancer), it still comes on a late and expensive infantry. The AEC is an option but comes later and is more expensive than even 2 222s. The Brit Mill Bomb upgrade is one of the most underutilized Brit upgrades in the game(Base arty is used more than these Nades are), the biggest reason is the the cost of unlocking just one grenade(USF get two grenades in their unlock).

I think adding the Brit AT Nade with the Mill Bomb upgrade for Tommies(or allow Royal Engineers only to throw it if you think Tommies with AT Nades is too strong), would help that upgrade be used and would help the Brits deal with 222 spam. Just an idea I wanted to throw out there.
1 Mar 2016, 14:38 PM

I was able to push back two 222 scout cars with AT gun and the sniper as they were attacking my MG. One got blown up one was able to slightly escape. But also had 222 tank my AT gun and just drive behind it and at that point the AT gun is usually done for. I think by utilizing the Sappers mines to cover AT guns you can defend yourself against 222 and by using both AT gun and the sniper + infantry support you can be more aggressive against them.
1 Mar 2016, 15:06 PM

The funny thing is the brit AT snare is worse than every other snare in the game.
And because of the 222 HP buff the UKF at grenade won't cause it to be engine damaged in one go.
The only useful snare that brits have is the Sniper and his snare was moved to vet 1.
1 Mar 2016, 15:25 PM

I'm inclined to agree that Brits need something for light vehicles given how god awful PIATS are against them... maybe it could be balanced out by not being a snare and just doing a nice chunk of damage to keep 222s honest (or is something that doesn't penetrate medium/heavy tanks all that well).

Another cool idea would be to give them sticky bombs that have a shorter range than normal AT grenades (although this would be pretty useless for 222s and Luches).
Neo
1 Mar 2016, 15:28 PM

Personally I feel all factions need a snare. OKW copes without one, just about, but Brits really suffer for lack of one.

Make it unlockable with the regular grenades.
aaa
1 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM

waste of money trying to kill 222 with snare. Basicaly 222 doesnt worth at nades needed to kill it.
1 Mar 2016, 16:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Brits have cheap mines, arguably the best at-gun in the game, the sniper, and they still have the AEC that can shit all over scout cars. Doctrinal tank hunters are pretty decent, too.
1 Mar 2016, 16:15 PM

For all the advantages that brits already have, I voted no.
aaa
1 Mar 2016, 16:16 PM

sniper and doctrinal hunters your aass must be laughing at what you juts said
1 Mar 2016, 16:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 16:16 PMaaa
sniper and doctrinal hunters your aass must be laughing at what you juts said

The doctrinal hunters are good. The at nade they have is bad, but the at rifles are good.
1 Mar 2016, 16:37 PM

Doctrinal AT nade needs to be made not terrible.

As good as piats are when microed, it is one of the truly unacceptable micro taxes in thr game IMO. I'd like to see them do less damage and what not in a trade for accuracy and usability without attack ground.

Brits don't need an at snare on core inf if the piat gets fixed
1 Mar 2016, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 16:19 PMTobis

The doctrinal hunters are good. The at nade they have is bad, but the at rifles are good.

The Scout Car is the counter to snipers. I don't think 1 sniper will cut it against the new HP of the 222.

The AT nade as discussed only does 50 damage instead of 100 of every other AT snare in the game. The AT rifle has an identical profile to the PTRS of the SU guards. I think they also come in at 3 CP? I think it'll be too late in some games by the time the 222 hits the field.

I also think there's a big difference in scalability between Guards and AT boys.
Guards = 6 man
AT boys = 4 man by default (5 with upgrade)

Guards can get AI upgrade so 2 rifles, 2 DPs, 2 PTRS
AT boys cannot get an upgrade and have only 2/3 guys with enfields
1 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

Piat Ambush from coh1.
1 Mar 2016, 19:31 PM

The Hawkins grenade would be a perfect foil. Can't remember the last time I spent half a squads worth of manpower plus precious fuel to unlock mills bombs...

It might be obvious but your chances of getting a sniper up to Vet 1 to counter the 222s is massively reduced by the number of 222s now on the field. The only snare the Brits have is the AECs treadbreaker which locks out the only effective light vehicle area denial and is hopelessly bugged.
1 Mar 2016, 19:36 PM

someone here is still loosing games playing brits? ..no that cant happen.. its a dream for sure! someone awake me pls!
1 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

Well, there is not a single reason why UKF shouldn't have a snare. It makes them ridiculously vulnerable to 222 or luchs rape. Would be good to see it on sappers only, or maybe on Vickers (something special), instead of mainline infantry to keep it unique.
1 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

I suppose there's not a single reason why OKW shouldn't have an MG or sniper either, but I still don't think it's really hurting OKW. I wasn't aware of how bad the HEAT grenade was though. At least that should be a reliable snare.

Can anyone confirm that it doesn't do engine damage on full health 222? Though I image the Boys rifle should almost always put some damage on before HEAT grenade hits....
WHO
1 Mar 2016, 20:20 PM

Can anyone confirm that it doesn't do engine damage on full health 222? Though I image the Boys rifle should almost always put some damage on before HEAT grenade hits....

I can't "confirm" because I'm at work, but I know the Boys AT nade does 50 damage. So new health, 320 -50 = 270 270/320 health = 84% health.

I believe the threshold of damage for the snare to work is below 80, maybe even 75 or 70 percent, right? So it shouldn't snare.
1 Mar 2016, 20:23 PM

imo there are two problems here with regards to grenades

1: regular UKF grenade tech is overpriced and noone buys them

2: UKF have had to struggle without an AT snare since the sniper crit shot got removed (this weakness has been exploited now with 222 buff and early Luch)

My solution is to throw in AT grenades with the grenade package (also buff the damage, the tank hunter AT grenades needs fixing).

also a PIAT change is sorely needed, even if it makes them a zook clone. With the weapons upgrade you are basically paying 150mp and 25 fuel just for brens.

#makeUKFgreatagain
nee
1 Mar 2016, 20:28 PM

I'm spitballing here, but what if units picking up the Bren LMG allow them to Button vehicles? This was the case in CoH1. It's a "soft snare" per se, but given AT guns, AT sniper, AEC/ Bofors, it might work better than Guards' Button, which is unlocked after they get their LMGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
unknown 13
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak