Login

russian armor

Why grens >>volks with same price?

aaa
1 Mar 2016, 04:06 AM

Oh t1 in genereal is the strongest tier in whole game with absurd price of 80/10. From su vs oh perspective grens are terminators. When unupgraded they take no dmg from cons and mg even when cons have 3 pregame upgardes. They win every engagement. They only lose to doc inf that is targeted by op sniper.
I would like 5- model gren unit with normal received accuracy with one of okw grenades instead of riflenade that now almost wipes squad and its not real to dodge. Rifle nade can be upgrade as a shrek with cost to research and cost to use.
Smth wrong with grens recieved accuracy maybe. OKW volks die a lot faster to small arms in comparision. The only way to deal with them is random dmg from indirect and vehicles.
OH T1 and T2 is so strong that you cannot engage it with any units literly.
Imo okw su matchup is balanced now unless in goes into lategame. But oh is clearly stronger in this matchup.

With all the things listed above in this matchup I dont try to engage or even close distance cuz of sniper.
How i play is just get 2 diferent mortars. Diferent cuz their ROF is diferrent and its harder to dodge. And 2 t70. 1 for vision for mortars and 1 for lone caping squads. I think this way to play is retarded but there no other viable.

Some less important stuff: 222 buff removed M5 from the game since it loses 1v1 to it cuz 222 always takes first shot cuz of its vision. But t70 is still ok. Grenades research is useless now better get another ATG.

PS Read a lot of complaints about shrek blobs. Main things is they are counterable THIS PATCH cost effectively with right units (unlike grens and sniper which is totaly uncounterable). They only negate some units like slow kv8 and to lesser extent t70. While being vulnerable to is2 guards mg.
1 Mar 2016, 04:27 AM

Everytime this guy posts I just grab some popcorn and watch the angry comments pour in.
1 Mar 2016, 04:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I thought you said you quit?

Now I'm sad.
1 Mar 2016, 04:31 AM

lol you must been drinking ...omit...

i was going to post a antry comments but see dr. green's post decide not to. :D
1 Mar 2016, 04:32 AM

hmm..guys can u tell me how to use Cons?..
cause i dint play the game for soo long,

n when i start playing,. im only opening with Maxim spam,

but when i want to try Cons,
it seem that Cons feel abit lack in everything, from other Allied Main troop

for Example Rifleman, u can close in for losing 1 modal to drop 4 Volk model

IS u can just stay in yellow or Green n win agains almost 1v1 long range,

but for cons, its dmg almost similar to rifle,

but it die Quickly when close in n Lack in long range dmg,

i realy dont know how to engage cons.. Off topic sry ok guys
1 Mar 2016, 04:37 AM

for Example Rifleman, u can close in for losing 1 modal to drop 4 Volk model

IS u can just stay in yellow or Green n win agains almost 1v1 long range,

but for cons, its dmg almost similar to rifle,

but it die Quickly when close in n Lack in long range dmg,

i realy dont know how to engage cons.. Off topic sry ok guys

open a thread or search in Red Army Strategies, there should be alot ppl to help you
1 Mar 2016, 04:40 AM

open a thread or search in Red Army Strategies, there should be alot ppl to help you

ok tnx :*(
1 Mar 2016, 05:01 AM

Grens are fine but also one dimensional by design. They aren't changing because they aren't OP or UP.

But if they had to be redesigned: redistribute current rifle dps into 5 men, 280 mp squad. Give them a stick grenade, 75 muni mg42, allow them to lay sandbags and build trenches.
aaa
1 Mar 2016, 05:09 AM

Even 1 Maxim is shit vs OH. They just riflenade it ir snipe while taking no dmg from it. Maxim spam is a total shit surely unless you are playing vs idiot.

About how to use cons.
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 04:06 AMaaa
dont try to engage or even close distance cuz of sniper.
How i play is just get 2 diferent mortars. Diferent cuz their ROF is diferrent and its harder to dodge. And 2 t70. 1 for vision for mortars and 1 for lone caping squads. I think this way to play is retarded but there no other viable.

I use 2 guards and sandbags to hold the horde when they blob forward after geting tired of this all game mortar BS.
Guards win vs grens if no riflenade is used. But you cannot attak with them cuz of sniper. Current grens are smth in between of cons and guards. But they cost only 120 to reinforce while guards cost 162.
I will post rep of that if needed when i get to comp.

Edit and mines(flares 80%) everywhere. 150 muni for guards rest for mines. Make a scripit to place mines faster.
1 Mar 2016, 05:16 AM
1 Mar 2016, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Grens are fine but also one dimensional by design. They aren't changing because they aren't OP or UP.

But if they had to be redesigned: redistribute current rifle dps into 5 men, 280 mp squad. Give them a stick grenade, 75 muni mg42, allow them to lay sandbags and build trenches.

Too symmetrical to Infantry Sections, Relic won't do it

No wait, they got Panzerfausts, maaaaayyyyybe they'd do it.
1 Mar 2016, 07:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I mean aaa isn't lying, soviets are a very shitty faction to play. Relic literally hates them. Both of the other allied factions are just improved versions of the soviets, especially in ways where soviets fell short.

Of all 5 factions, Soviet fanboys are the rarest breed.
but also the most bravest of them all..
I love you aaa.. Never change... People may troll your posts but they just don't understand you.
I understand you.

1 Mar 2016, 07:26 AM

will this soviet crusade ever end
1 Mar 2016, 07:49 AM

and ppl still want to nerf maxim. like, maxim is basically core infantry for soviets now, coz penals and cons are :bananadance:
1 Mar 2016, 08:22 AM

1 Mar 2016, 08:52 AM

I mean aaa isn't lying, soviets are a very shitty faction to play. Relic literally hates them. Both of the other allied factions are just improved versions of the soviets, especially in ways where soviets fell short.

Of all 5 factions, Soviet fanboys are the rarest breed.
but also the most bravest of them all..
I love you aaa.. Never change... People may troll your posts but they just don't understand you.
I understand you.

Lol get a room you 2. That or PM, no 1 needs to imagine 2 grown men kissing over a forum
1 Mar 2016, 09:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lol get a room you 2. That or PM, no 1 needs to imagine 2 grown men kissing over a forum

1 Mar 2016, 09:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Also is nobody else going to call him out on the title? Grens and volks are not the same price.
aaa
2 Mar 2016, 14:20 PM

Strange thing is that not only 222 is spamable grens having same capability. The ontly way to deal with them is indirect. Grens can do ok vs expensive inf using RG. Some compensation is that they are more wipeable.
But their reinforcem cost is so low that you dont deal damage unless you wipe them.

Those 4-model squads grens and obers take almost 0 dmg from cons.
2 Mar 2016, 15:33 PM

Problem right now is that Vet bug means that Cons are useless because they don't get any bonuses that are supposed to help them fight against LMG Grens or other elite infantry. Right now I've had better luck using commanders with PPSH upgrades because at least then you can Oorah to close distance and have a chance at fighting.

You're better off building a few cons and supporting them with maxims. Key is to be aggressive and attack with maxims along with cons and use suppression to help you win engagements and for the love of god just don't put a maxim in every building and expect to win.

I agree that Soviets are pretty horrible to play right now with the Vet bug. :/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS