Login

russian armor

4 v 4 Axis Strategies

29 Feb 2016, 02:54 AM

Hi All,

Long time stomper, first time vs people.
Played about 13 games all up, got my arse kicked 12/13.

Can anyone suggest good strategies for Axis (OST or OKW)?

I focus mostly on holding/defending points, spam MG until I can get 3 222 out.

Usually by that time ground is gained, but no one helps me, so we end up losing.

Cheers,
S
1 Mar 2016, 05:36 AM

If you are OST and have an OKW ally near you, try asking him to put his med truck in a place that is accessable to both of you. This really helps since you get forward healing and reinforce at no additional cost to you. In return, support him with things he lacks, most importantly mg42s, but maybe snipers or caches.
1 Mar 2016, 05:41 AM

Thanks buddy. Good Suggestion. Only issue is when you play with Pubbers some of them are pants go on head.

Does anyone have any Werh players that are up there that I can observe?
8 Mar 2016, 06:35 AM

Snipers arent viable in 4s unless ur having godlike micro, anyway sooner or later ur will lose them. As ostheer go for mortar hts to clear brits emplacements and mgs in buildings. 222 is rly good to havein late game to scout and shoot enemy planes.
8 Mar 2016, 06:45 AM
Donator 11

One good basic stategy with Ostheer is to capture a good building with a MG-42 and put a mortar in front of it that reach the area that you are interested in. Usually I get a vet 3 mortar and 30+ kills with it. And I don't need to micromanage it.
8 Mar 2016, 06:50 AM
Senior Editor Badge

In 4v4 I find it necessary to be rather self sufficient unless you're playing with an arranged team or your teammates are talking.

So you're gonna need 2-3 grens, 1-2 MGs, maybe a mortar. Want to get a Pak out fast, or if you're stomping, a 222, Pgren (or 3/4th gren) then rush a Stug.

You want to have a self-sustaining force able to counter infantry/vehicles yet also support your team.

IDK how people play 4v4 randoms. I last played randoms as USF 15 months ago. Whenever I got out of a tank to repair w/ the crew, my soviet ally would take my tank.

Anyway, it's so much easier playing with friends so you can coordinate what to do.
8 Mar 2016, 13:40 PM

In 3v3/4v4 your probability of winning becomes highly dependent on the competency of your team mates, which with random-matching can vary quite a lot.

As a fellow compstomper who is slowly moving into pvp, I'd recommend sticking with 1v1s and 2v2s unless you have some worthy battle-brothers to spread the glory of the God-Emperor with.
8 Mar 2016, 22:30 PM

Good tips all.
Many thanks

If you are OST and have an OKW ally near you, try asking him to put his med truck in a place that is accessable to both of you. This really helps since you get forward healing and reinforce at no additional cost to you. In return, support him with things he lacks, most importantly mg42s, but maybe snipers or caches.

I normally do this as Werh.

One good basic stategy with Ostheer is to capture a good building with a MG-42 and put a mortar in front of it that reach the area that you are interested in. Usually I get a vet 3 mortar and 30+ kills with it. And I don't need to micromanage it.

Top suggestion. Will give it a go.
I've decided to take a break from vidya - they were making me unnecessarily agro
8 Mar 2016, 22:42 PM

Thanks buddy. Good Suggestion. Only issue is when you play with Pubbers some of them are pants go on head.

This is true, but be careful going too far with that attitude. In 4v4s a bad plan that's well-coordinated will often beat a disorganized good one. In the pubs that means adapting your play to what you're seeing from your teammates and maintaining yourself in a position where you can easily support them.

9 Mar 2016, 03:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 22:42 PMWygrif

This is true, but be careful going too far with that attitude. In 4v4s a bad plan that's well-coordinated will often beat a disorganized good one. In the pubs that means adapting your play to what you're seeing from your teammates and maintaining yourself in a position where you can easily support them.

I dont. I've played with some who know exactly what was going on, even if we didnt talk.
Supporting is what I am best at. MG42 and cache spam for Days.
11 Mar 2016, 15:53 PM

as Ostheer vs soviet make mg,gren,gren,gren,mortar,t1.vs ukf:mg,gren,gren,mortar,gren,t1.Vs usf:mg,gren,gren,gren,t1,pz gren
as OKW vs soviet:volk,volk,volk,ieig 18.Vs ukf:volk,volk,sturm,ieig18.Vs usf:volk,volk,volk,2-3 obersoldaten(medic hq,flak truck)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment