Login

russian armor

How do you casters avoid the constant bug spat?

28 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

I recently built a new PC that can now play this game at 2K max settings and easily holding 80+ FPS.
However, I still encounter the bug spat crash consistently. After about 3 games the odds go way up that COH2 will either give me that purple vehicle and stick building bug, or it crashes completely. So when I remember, I reboot my PC after every 3 matches. And no I don't even run background stuff. When I game, I run a very lean PC. Everything that can be off will be. So I would expect better stability than you guys because of that. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Casters obviously run with extra software going. Heck on of the guys had his facebook still up and running while casting COH2. I can watch you casters play match after match without a reboot. Is there some soft of stability program you are running? I don't know of one. I've been through 3 computer rebuilds since COH2 came out, and crashes have been present in each one. If it was just happening to my current build I would suspect bad hardware. So guys how do you manage to keep the game running stable while you stream for long periods?
28 Feb 2016, 15:32 PM

Do you guys have a name for the stick building bug I referred to? Just curios.
28 Feb 2016, 16:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I used to get tons of bugsplats while casting, which was quite discouraging. Even Relic got one on an official stream.
28 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM
Donator 11

I think its just luck, I never get bugslpats either, playing on Max with an average PC
28 Feb 2016, 16:21 PM

I used to get tons of bugsplats while casting, which was quite discouraging. Even Relic got one on an official stream.

One day Kyle got 3 or even 4 bugsplats while he was streaming.
28 Feb 2016, 18:20 PM

Well ok then. No secret sauce lol. I just never seen a caster crash yet, so I thought it was rare for them, and just abnormally high for me. So you guys reboot often too...
28 Feb 2016, 19:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sacrifice a goat and pray to the RNG gods.

If you just want to play continuously, see if reducing graphs help.
A_E
29 Feb 2016, 12:33 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

[dup comment.]
A_E
29 Feb 2016, 12:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I've been lucky - I've done 100s of hours of casting in 2016 all of it live, I've had tons of bugsplats but never during a game.

It seems for me at least if you've got over spec-ed hardware and your PC's ram, cpu, and processes in general are so tasked into a game it kinds of sures up the situation and you don't get splatted. I get them after a game has finished when it's unloading all the processes.... layman's computing I know.

So my pc can take it and I have an overclocked i5, 16gb of ram, SSD run game, and a new 970 GTX, it's transitioning that I get bug splats. Make any sense?
29 Feb 2016, 22:07 PM

I get those transitioning bug slats too, so I hear you. We got basically the same hardware. I just built a z170 based PC with an i5 Skylake 6600k CPU, 16GB ram, 970 GTX super overclock edition, and Sound Blaster Z card. And a new 32 inch 2k to enjoy it on. So as you say I'm overspeced for the game now. Max settings and it's sliky smooth. Yet I get spats in game, and as I transition from something like a replay back to main menu it goes haywire. Its pretty much embarrassingly sloppy programming. I can play SC2 all day, do whatever I want to it and not have an problem, if I cared to play SC2 that much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★