Login

russian armor

Vetoes not working properly

29 Feb 2016, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 22:12 PMguczy

So me never getting a vetoed map before during my 600 hrs of play is just a huge coincidence?

+1 I have played this game for 2000+ hours and never got an vetoed map...
29 Feb 2016, 22:18 PM

That's the misunderstanding, It has never meant that.

The funny the thing is, that despite this unintentionality it worked for years exactly as almost everybody expected it to do. Well, the truth came out, at least.:D
29 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM

+1 I have played this game for 2000+ hours and never got an vetoed map...

+2
Seen this happen as well
29 Feb 2016, 23:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

This sounds like something new :O Since COH1 (and in COH2 too since the alpha) I always thought that vetoes impact your own map list preference and not that they are added to all the vetoes of all the players searching the same game mode. So when you were playing on a map you vetoed it was because they game couldn't find a game with a similar ELO and similar vetoes so it was ignoring vetoes.

The fact they impact the global map pool sounds totally new. Oh well, good to know then. Just out of curiosity, has it been like this since COH1 and since COH2 came out?
5 of 6 Relic postsRelic 1 Mar 2016, 00:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I've just heard back from out Server Team and I have some news on the Veto Issue. There is a Server Side bug that is causing some votes to get lost. Its a simple server side fix. We will be rebooting the Server at 3pm Pacific Time.

Thanks
1 Mar 2016, 00:12 AM

I've just heard back from out Server Team and I have some news on the Veto Issue. There is a Server Side bug that is causing some votes to get lost. Its a simple server side fix. We will be rebooting the Server at 3pm Pacific Time.

Thanks

1 Mar 2016, 12:43 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks

GG Cuddle.
1 Mar 2016, 13:38 PM

RELIC They do not know how their system. You who are cheating? Players who played enough 2000-3000 hours, always Banned maps were not in auto search.

After updating veto do not work!
1 Mar 2016, 13:39 PM

I think there may be a misunderstanding on how Map Veto actually works. Just because you have voted to veto a Map doesn't mean you will not play on that map.

"A Veto counts as a single vote against a Map. When creating a Match, the Automatcher will only select among maps that have the fewest amounts of Vetos"

Basically, the Server sums up the total number of Vetos for each map for everyone, then generates the set of maps with the least number of vetoes, and randomly choose one of them.

I've talked with the Server team and they are going to look at it, (just in case) if there is a problem it should be easy to resolve with a server side fix. I did some testing here and Map Veto-ing was working as intended.

I've played this game for 5200 hrs & I certainly know how vetoing works. However, this bug is introduced in the game just after the 26th hotfix, and it has never been like this before.

Believe me!
Neo
1 Mar 2016, 16:07 PM

Any chance of adding 1-2 vetoes per team-size while you're at it?
1 Mar 2016, 16:46 PM

Please Relic, I don't think anyone believes it was intended like this.
6 of 6 Relic postsRelic 1 Mar 2016, 18:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I've played this game for 5200 hrs & I certainly know how vetoing works. However, this bug is introduced in the game just after the 26th hotfix, and it has never been like this before.

Believe me!

There is a Server Side bug that is causing some votes to get lost. Its a simple server side fix. We will be rebooting the Server at 3pm Pacific Time.

Thanks
17 Jan 2017, 18:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

xD ehm yes... not^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %