Login

russian armor

One to watch: Improved Fortifications

27 Feb 2016, 21:38 PM

We've haven't had time to say whether Improved Fortifications are OP or not, but I've seen enough to know that they're working well. Today I started assaulting one with a P4 and Tiger, a pair of paks and assorted infantry. The Bofors was supported by a 17lber and mortar pits, but I focused on the Bofors expecting to allow my infantry in. By the time the Bofors took ten percent damage I had to back my tanks out under smoke. It braced as we dropped a Stuka bomb directly on it. It appeared to sustain no damage at all. I then moved in my infantry and despite having some shreks and reclaimed bazookas wasn't able to do any significant damage. It came out of brace and forced my infantry away. Anyone developed any good methods for dealing with fortification and braced sim cities? This occured in a 4v4 and ignoring the city was not an option due to the fact that it straddled a VP and fuel.
27 Feb 2016, 21:48 PM

Fire some potshots and get it to brace, then wait for brace to wear off. Once brace is down it will go into cool down then open fire. Fire does real good damage to it so incindiary rounds from mobile half track and volk fire grenades do bonus damage.
27 Feb 2016, 22:33 PM

You should have stuka'd at the start to force a brace or deal huge damage. This would have saved your entire tactical blunder, l2p on your part.
27 Feb 2016, 23:00 PM

We've haven't had time to say whether Improved Fortifications are OP or not, but I've seen enough to know that they're working well. Today I started assaulting one with a P4 and Tiger, a pair of paks and assorted infantry. The Bofors was supported by a 17lber and mortar pits, but I focused on the Bofors expecting to allow my infantry in. By the time the Bofors took ten percent damage I had to back my tanks out under smoke. It braced as we dropped a Stuka bomb directly on it. It appeared to sustain no damage at all. I then moved in my infantry and despite having some shreks and reclaimed bazookas wasn't able to do any significant damage. It came out of brace and forced my infantry away. Anyone developed any good methods for dealing with fortification and braced sim cities? This occured in a 4v4 and ignoring the city was not an option due to the fact that it straddled a VP and fuel.

If you are Ostheer: As Kermitjames wrote Mortar HT flame attack is incredible useful versus any kind of emplacement and can withdraw fast in case he has the new counter-fire ability.

If you are OKW: LeiG is best way to go with constantly shelling it with the barrage ability instead of normal attack. We'll see how counter-fire changes this meta depending on map. The incendiary grenade is great too if there is a way to sneak up to a emplacement.

Btw. depending on the map you should have just ignored the strong point for a while, the 17pdr costs 20 population alone + bofors and multiple mortar pits as you said. An armored attack elsewhere with Tiger/P4 and support could have wrecked his massively inferior numbers there.

Never use a walking stuka (stuka damage is pretty low versus emplacements even without brace), panzerwerfer or any kind of non flaming offmap attack versus it, especially if brace is available. Its just a waste of abilities/munitions. Did you still fired at the braced emplacement while a 17pdr was firing at you? Hope you did not. One more: Improved Fortifictaion gives 20% more health but doesn't protects versus tank firing at it (only small arms).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★