Login

russian armor

PSA: Vet Gate bug is worse than before

27 Feb 2016, 10:36 AM

Incase people missed Cruzz post:

Note on the 26/27th hotfix:

Veterancy is broken again, that much I'm sure people understand. But you should know that we're actually worse off than from where we started, because Relic changed all the existing "apply_to_squad" veterancy that was working (received accuracy and sight bonuses, mostly) to "apply_to_entity", and this wasn't reverted, so now that they reverted the "apply_to_entity" code due to all the issues (rear echelon blobs etc), they won't work either.

Only remaining infantry veterancy is ability changes and conditional (heal outside combat, sprint outside combat etc) buffs.

GL in ESL bois, ill be watching.
27 Feb 2016, 10:41 AM

i read it, and what can i say, it's just the cerry on a pile of crap. :(
27 Feb 2016, 11:20 AM

Good job lelic

CoH3 when?
27 Feb 2016, 11:23 AM
Donator 11

omg, i'm crying and laughing at the same time. this is absolutely ridiculous!

people in LoL often complain about spaghetti code, but it gets fixed within two days most of the time. this here takes it to another level...

thanks for making a dedicated thread for this!
A_E
27 Feb 2016, 11:26 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

The ESL casts will go on as usual, we will do a professional job of casting all this we'll be factual and get on with it.

Don't accuse of us being shills because we will acknowledge the way these bugs are gonna affect the infantry meta game at every level.

But we're not gonna hate on Relic either, so don't expect a salt show.

I still think the tournaments will be fun and good viewing, we've had big tournaments during worse patches in CoH2's history. The entire first year for example was terrible.
27 Feb 2016, 11:32 AM
Donator 11

we had tournaments with worse balance, but i don't recall the game being so broken at any point.
i understand that you cannot hate on relic, but don't be afraid to criticize them, they have "earned" it this time!
27 Feb 2016, 11:45 AM

Good job lelic

CoH3 when?

What makes you think CoH 3 would be any better?
27 Feb 2016, 12:04 PM

The game is in a worse state than before the patch and ESL is still going to go ahead?
27 Feb 2016, 13:42 PM

I hope they fix this probem ASAP
27 Feb 2016, 13:47 PM

They won't think about fixing it, nobody works at Relic over the weekend. I suppose ETA for a fix will be on Tuesday or Wednesday.... if they can fix it. They couldn't do that at all since the community discoveredit.

Meanwhile, Brad keeps telling us in twitch streams that we're all noobs, and that we deserve a big serving of L2P, whilst making fun of specific community members. Sigh.
27 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM

Good job lelic

CoH3 when?

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 11:45 AMTNrg

What makes you think CoH 3 would be any better?

He's being sarcastic :snfPeter:

Vez
27 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM

This is simply ridiculous, there is an ESL tournament going on and Relic won't hotfix this bug. They should be ashamed to let this BS happen
27 Feb 2016, 16:01 PM

ESL? A joke from Day 1
27 Feb 2016, 16:32 PM

Yeah ESL is going to suck this week... One of the most important skill differentiators doesn't even work... Hooray. I honestly cannot think of a worse patch to play a tournament under. Sure in the past there have been balance issues but this time around an extremely vital core part of the game is fundamentally broken.

Bring on the snipers and maxims. Who needs good squad preservation anyways...
27 Feb 2016, 16:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So now infantry vet requires skill to use instead of higher vet squads wrecking no vet squads by right-clicking like some people complained about a while ago :sibHyena:
27 Feb 2016, 16:48 PM

I think even students can write a better code.
28 Feb 2016, 06:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 16:48 PMAdviser
I think even students can write a better code.

You greatly underestimate the students.
28 Feb 2016, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 11:26 AMA_E
The ESL casts will go on as usual, we will do a professional job of casting all this we'll be factual and get on with it.

Don't accuse of us being shills because we will acknowledge the way these bugs are gonna affect the infantry meta game at every level.

But we're not gonna hate on Relic either, so don't expect a salt show.

I still think the tournaments will be fun and good viewing, we've had big tournaments during worse patches in CoH2's history. The entire first year for example was terrible.

I had minimal interest in ESL before the patch, with BS like maxim spam detracting from every sov game.

Now this patch which is an epic fail, is just the turd icing on a shit pie...

ESL was exciting for about 10 mins till you remember the problems the game has..

Those that want to look at the positives ( ie the true believers ) and just ignore all the shit that is weighing the game down are welcome to their ignorant bliss.

I for one am so very very very tired of relics poor performance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight