Login

russian armor

Too much Anime, too much Hentai

27 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM

I recently decided to do a backup of my save files, when I noticed that CoH2 in particular took a lot of time to copy. Inspecting the folder I found no less than 3419 files. Which got me thinking, where do all these files come from? :unsure:

Turns out 805 of them are log files, and 2560 of them are ui files. Upon further inspection of the ui folder I found enormous amounts of anime pictures and a few that would classify as hentai :foreveralone:

I dare you all to check your own ui folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\Cache\Data\ui

On a more serious note, is it safe to delete all of the contents of these two folders? :huh:
27 Feb 2016, 10:22 AM

If it is a real cache, the worst is you will have to re-download all those files when need be. I think you don't have to worry to delete them.
27 Feb 2016, 10:25 AM

Are you sure this isn't your secret hentai folder? My \Data\ui consists only of but a handful of dds files (around 150MB). You might just have your storage of pics you download. Or another PC user.
27 Feb 2016, 11:02 AM

It includes all .dds files you see in in-game Modding Hub, which is full of anime faceplates. That should be the reason.
27 Feb 2016, 11:14 AM

Mine is mostly maps, but there's indeed some japanese game characters in there, along with Rick Astley, Hitler doing funny poses and Shaggy from Scooby Doo smoking weed. Nothing obscene, though.
27 Feb 2016, 16:19 PM

Mine is mostly maps, but there's indeed some japanese game characters in there, along with Rick Astley, Hitler doing funny poses and Shaggy from Scooby Doo smoking weed. Nothing obscene, though.

How much do you play matches with other players? It adds all of the stuff they currently have equipped onto your subscriptions list, and so you DL them as well even if you didn't subscript to the stuff yourself.
27 Feb 2016, 17:16 PM

Takes all sorts though seeing pre-pubescent cartoon girls wearing Nazi uniform is...... Fucked up.
28 Feb 2016, 00:57 AM

I really hate it, really really really wished Relic would have made this custom skin thing another way then forcing custom skins on people's computers that dont want them or dont even use them...

Would really love if they could implement an option to block downloads of people's custom skins & decal's & victory strikes, i have like 100 custom things that the game has downloaded because of other people has used...
28 Feb 2016, 02:32 AM

Being computer literate, I have no idea how to open these dds files.

So I am unable to see the glorious art they hide
28 Feb 2016, 04:15 AM
Patrion 27

I really hate it, really really really wished Relic would have made this custom skin thing another way then forcing custom skins on people's computers that dont want them or dont even use them...

Would really love if they could implement an option to block downloads of people's custom skins & decal's & victory strikes, i have like 100 custom things that the game has downloaded because of other people has used...

There is the exact feature you are looking for in the menu.
28 Feb 2016, 04:45 AM

Haha. I guess it really depends on how many people and what kind of player you are playing with. Too many Kim Jong Un pictures on my folders oh and some anime girls as well.... weird combo. At least there are no anime-ated Kim Jong Un on my folder :D
28 Feb 2016, 05:54 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 10:25 AMKuprix
Are you sure this isn't your secret hentai folder? My \Data\ui consists only of but a handful of dds files (around 150MB). You might just have your storage of pics you download. Or another PC user.
28 Feb 2016, 08:29 AM

I think we can all blame the Wehraboos and Weaboos for this disturbing phenomenon.

Just say no to Anime, kids.
28 Feb 2016, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 10:25 AMKuprix

Yes, that's located on my Desktop for easy access, so that can't be it :foreveralone:

How much do you play matches with other players? It adds all of the stuff they currently have equipped onto your subscriptions list, and so you DL them as well even if you didn't subscript to the stuff yourself.

I do play a lot of custom matches, which I believe is part of the problem. And the "Disable custom aesthetics" option doesn't work properly (it will still download custom victory strikes, regardless of your settings).

Anyway, I deleted both of the folders and it's working all fine so far. However, after launching the game and visiting the modding hub I've already got 5 new anime pictures. I only spent like 2 minutes in the game menu and I didn't even join a match :facepalm:

28 Feb 2016, 09:14 AM

Just say no to Anime, kids.

Best way to go :romeoMug:
28 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM

Where??
28 Feb 2016, 18:17 PM
Patrion 27

Where??

Graphics options has check boxes for Custom Aesthetics and Historical Skins.
28 Feb 2016, 18:52 PM

Watching Anime is bad for you MMmmmmmmmkaaaaayyyy
28 Feb 2016, 23:13 PM

Graphics options has check boxes for Custom Aesthetics and Historical Skins.

Why should a man have to miss out on dank Kim Jong Un decals just to avoid the scourge of anime?

Anime has been scientifically proven to lead to a variet of :foreveralone: sex crimes. This needs to be stopped.

Enough is enough. Relic needs to implement a check-box for Anime visuals. It's just not on
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 2
unknown 48
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L