Login

russian armor

Sim City

PAGES (10)down
2 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM

I suggest to play allies too, rather than axis only and see how your opponents counter it. In general it will make you a better over all player when you learn the strengths and weaknesses of all factions.

But the FHT and ISG can counter emplacements quite well. Force them to brace, wait for cooldown (30 seconds?) -> barrage the shit out of them. They go down pretty fast. This is one of the weaknesses that the brits have.
2 Mar 2016, 14:29 PM

No I think he is wrong in most or all of them. Yea vet 2 strums is comparable to a one click heals all simultaneously UNDER FIRE. go ahead rep while your under motor fire watch your strums go bye bye.. but of course it's a vacume situation for him

Same about sappers trying to repair emplacement.
2 Mar 2016, 14:49 PM

Bofors spamming no more boring than seeing 3 king tigers coming together to your throat in a 4vs4 even if you had more fuel control... Or the stuka dive killing all your inf. squads just after they arrived at base after a retreat...

If Axis can't win easily, it's always nerf allies. It's been like that since COH1 beta and it's still going strong now.

Thanks. (No trolling intended, just my perceived facts from 10 years playing that game COH-COHO-COH2.)
2 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

well I hate that Flak HQ. Rekts all infantry. Destroys light vehicles/tanks. Even penetrates mediums. 1920 HP right? god, it takes forever to destroy. Isn't that similar to emplacements? Now both Allies and Axis have bad tools :(
2 Mar 2016, 15:26 PM

Lol that Axis fanboy just got destroyed
UKF emplacement is costly so if UKF emplacement get destroy too early and easily will lead to a huge disadvantage
I agree with Kaitof though
If UKF decide to go sim city his army will be almost non-exist early-mid game
2 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM
Donator 22

Bofors spamming no more boring than seeing 3 king tigers coming together to your throat in a 4vs4 even if you had more fuel control...

hmm must be the master race super nazi fuel. And where have been all your tanks?
2 Mar 2016, 15:46 PM

hmm must be the master race super nazi fuel. And where have been all your tanks?

spend on bofors :snfQuinn:
2 Mar 2016, 16:56 PM

Typical Axis reply.

Our tanks were "damaged" by shreck blobs and our guns "pacifed" by stuka dives.

Our Hmgs negated by rifle "mortar" grenades...

They were also a good team too.

2 Mar 2016, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 14:03 PMpugzii
lol people saying shit like 'UKF building 2-3 mortars + bofors + at emplacement' thats 1750+ manpower.. like wtf are you doing, you can get like 7 leiG's for the same price which will evaporate emplacements.

Maybe OKW players are stuck in the VOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKSVOLKS-OKWSIMCITY-SHRECKEVERYTHING-KT-WIN mentality and need to #adapt

Where I see what you're trying to say I also understand you are saying fight stupid with stupid, I mean 7 leig? Are you really suggesting to build 7?!?
2 Mar 2016, 16:58 PM

in 4vs4 :

Sim city is easily destroyed by using mortar smoke + bundle grenades and some other mix of at-gun and some form of arty.

Get over it. It's only a newbie tactic.
2 Mar 2016, 18:09 PM

in 4vs4 :

Sim city is easily destroyed by using mortar smoke + bundle grenades and some other mix of at-gun and some form of arty.

Get over it. It's only a newbie tactic.

Okw doesn't have mortar smoke and on certain maps that does not hold true lienne forest for example
2 Mar 2016, 18:57 PM

OKW sim city doesnt happen in the first 5 min of the game

OKW sim city doesnt self repair all buildings with a simple click

OKW sim city doesnt have a brace ability that makes all attacks virtually pointless

OKW sim city doesnt vet up to have range that covers most of some maps (motor pits)

OKW trucks on the frontline often results in losing a truck therefore losing a tier.. no i dont think this is true for 2 of the 3 trucks, not to mention 2 of the 3 trucks do not provide offensive firepower

OKW can only build 1 of each building, not 2-3 motor pits, not 2 bofers and such.. i dont see any reason why an OKW player will build tier 3 (rep building) anywhere near the frontline

MG bunkers? lol no one complains about those...

try again son

+1 Well said.
2 Mar 2016, 19:12 PM

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198043779336

Your playercard tells otherwise. You have almost zero games as Allies compared (even in AT games) to your number of Axis games and you seem to be on a losing streak as Axis at the moment so I sense some salt; unfortunately it's a little hard to take you seriously especially when you pretend not to be one-sided. Like I always say, it's absolutely fine to have a favourite faction (who doesn't?), but before getting frustrated, try playing the opposing faction once in a while and see how the emplacements are countered.

Emplacements are high-investment, but they are designed to give strong control in an area; once destroyed you cannot get any return unlike squads which you can retreat. You have to take emplacements out quickly before they reach sim-city critical mass; I've noticed a lot of people don't defend their initial investments so move up quickly.

As OKW: 2xLeIG will destroy any emplacement; the only real counter is standfast. Also raketens + shrecks + flame nades

As Ost: flame mortar, AT gun, pregrens, flame HT, flame pios, AP incendiary if you can get close enough, etc.

Glad you found my player card. Most people know I only play axis, I only provided by player card on my profile... also check through my previous post, i don't show extremely Fanboy. I don't show absured one sided balance issues. Pay my bills then tell me to play allies and I just might. I come home and do what I enjoy. I don't get frustrated, I say things how I see them. And it looks like there is plenty of others who think the same...
2 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM

Glad you found my player card. Most people know I only play axis, I only provided by player card on my profile... also check through my previous post, i don't show extremely Fanboy. I don't show absured one sided balance issues. Pay my bills then tell me to play allies and I just might. I come home and do what I enjoy. I don't get frustrated, I say things how I see them. And it looks like there is plenty of others who think the same...

And plenty of others who choose not to reply to nonsense. OKW buildings not an issue? Always been for me. I just live with it. FRP for shreck blob. Flak HQ to lockdown and AA and defend FRP. Now Axis gets a taste of the same thing. GL and keep playing as everything becomes more and more static.
2 Mar 2016, 19:51 PM

And plenty of others who choose not to reply to nonsense. OKW buildings not an issue? Always been for me. I just live with it. FRP for shreck blob. Flak HQ to lockdown and AA and defend FRP. Now Axis gets a taste of the same thing. GL and keep playing as everything becomes more and more static.

WhY does ostheer need to suffer because of okw now? :((
2 Mar 2016, 19:55 PM

WhY does ostheer need to suffer because of okw now? :((

And same for SU. It's just powercreep brah. Powercreep.... the best factions are phasing out and only new factions are meant to win!!!!!!!!!!
2 Mar 2016, 21:16 PM
Patrion 310

While you may not show "extreme fanboy" in your posts, your posts are generally consisting of x allied unit is ok / overperforming or x axis unit needs buffing or axis is forced into x.

Refusing to play every faction limits your skill at the game by a huge amount. Not only does it give you a skewed and biased view of units and factions, but it also blinds you to what is a balance issue and what is simply a player / lack of knowledge issue.

It doesn't feel like you consider OKW Schwerer to be an issue, despite the fact that it has been for some time (though it is killable of course depending on where it has been placed).

Brit "Sim City" without counter barrage is easily countered, you just need to know the proper ways of dealing with it. If a player is building more than 2 emplacements then they have a huge amount of resources invested into them and will likely have a fairly weak army. You need to use tactics and teamwork to take down emplacements in some cases (such as forcing the player to brace, waiting for it to wear off (or bothering to count and then pre fire) and then unleash whatever you have to kill it). Emplacements still take a decent amount of damage from fire when braced also.

If we are talking about when the Emplacement commander is used along side counter barrage from the base arty then this is a different situation and requires different tactics to defeat. Using indirect fire (excluding LeFH out of range) is not the way to counter this and you are in fact playing into the hands of the Brit / Allies if you try to defeat it this way. Once again the Brit will have fairly poor army composition if he is building lots of emplacements and will also be draining his munitions to upgrade them.

I would suggest you watch the Jove vs DevM ESL game with Jove as Brits who built emplacements. His "Sim City" was fairly week there and thats a player who won the past 3 ESL tournaments and sits at #1 in all 5 factions in AM.

Also you should consider that if you played all factions, you would learn how to counter Brit sim city by seeing how other players beat you when building many emplacements (unless you will tell me you can get #1 in 2v2 / 2v2 AT playing Brits?)

If you truly want help on how to defeat it, you should upload replays of your game losses so people can see where you went wrong and how you can improve.
2 Mar 2016, 21:19 PM

I fucking hate that commander. Just had a game in 1v1. Literally couldn't do anything. British faggot just covered 2 points with a bofors and mortar pit and there was no way to crush it. Mortars got counterartilleried and paks/mgs got mortared and bombarded with bofors. Bofors even managed to 1v1 my p4 in the front armor and Pwerfer couldn't even bring it to 50% health with 1 point blank barrage. GG Relic, GG.
2 Mar 2016, 21:22 PM

Like I said, it's absolutely fine to have a favourite faction and I'm definitely not against that. I've read too many single-faction-only posts to instantly tell that you only play Axis. My only suggestion is to play some Allies to see how other people deal with emplacements effectively (and painlessly) instead of coming to the forums; better to see it in the field. Remember anything, when used properly, can seem OP especially in the hands of skilled players. Instead what you'll find here is a lot of circle-jerking or bashing. In other words L2P by studying the situation from another perspective.
2 Mar 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 21:19 PMSlyzor
I fucking hate that commander. Just had a game in 1v1. Literally couldn't do anything. British faggot just covered 2 points with a bofors and mortar pit and there was no way to crush it. Mortars got counterartilleried and paks/mgs got mortared and bombarded with bofors. Bofors even managed to 1v1 my p4 in the front armor and Pwerfer couldn't even bring it to 50% health with 1 point blank barrage. GG Relic, GG.

replay please. P4 got beat by bofors? What are you doing? attack ground so you miss on purpose for 5 minutes?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS