Login

russian armor

Map Pool Bug

27 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

During my almost 2000h in all game modes and sometimes even waiting for over a minute, Ive never played on vetoed map :foreveralone:
27 Feb 2016, 13:27 PM

Playing on veto map is the issue connected to long opponent search not a bug. If the server won't be able to find you a match on the map you want it will expand map poll by turning your vetos off. It was always like that, just waiting times were shorter before.

I never played before on a vetoed map - in 2.000 matches.
27 Feb 2016, 13:41 PM
Donator 11

During my almost 2000h in all game modes and sometimes even waiting for over a minute, Ive never played on vetoed map :foreveralone:

A minute? My search never was shorter than a minute. People tend to wait for 15 minutes in this game.

Becouse you never had a search long enough, old searching system preffered to find you an opponent from completely different league than give you a vetoed map (its a trade of, you know) so only top of the top players were waiting long enough to play on vetoed map. Now we generally speaking all search with top player waiting time becouse a number of possible opponents decreased significantly.

To conclude: old system favoured vetos over fair matches cousing a lot of bad matches, while new system takes vetos more like a clue becouse the highest importance is to find fair match, no matter what.

And I must say I like it, even though I dont like to play on many maps, it brings more variety and you should be able to face opponent on every map either way. Before half of the maps were "axis always veto" and the other was "allies always veto" cousing us to play on few remaining maps over and over again.
27 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

Becouse you never had a search long enough, old searching system preffered to find you an opponent from completely different league than give you a vetoed map (its a trade of, you know) so only top of the top players were waiting long enough to play on vetoed map. Now we generally speaking all search with top player waiting time becouse a number of possible opponents decreased significantly.

To conclude: old system favoured vetos over fair matches cousing a lot of bad matches, while new system takes vetos more like a clue becouse the highest importance is to find fair match, no matter what.

And I must say I like it, even though I dont like to play on many maps, it brings more variety and you should be able to face opponent on every map either way. Before half of the maps were "axis always veto" and the other was "allies always veto" cousing us to play on few remaining maps over and over again.

Sometimes my search used to last for minutes, too. But I never played on vetoed maps. And since yesterday I had 3 fights on vetoed maps after a search of seconds. Your explanation still seems to offer space for some doubts.
The question, if I like it or not, is another one. I rather prefer so face from time to time a top 10 player on a map I like, than someone else of similar skills on a map I exclude calculatedly because of tactical or strategical issues. But, as I said, this is an other topic.
27 Feb 2016, 14:18 PM

same to me in 2200 matches. Where is the sense of vetoing then?
27 Feb 2016, 14:41 PM

same to me in 2200 matches. Where is the sense of vetoing then?

Well, if ferwiner is right and from now on I will have to play on a vetoed map after a search of cheerful 30 seconds, it rather does not appear to me as a matter of sense. But I still hope he is not.
27 Feb 2016, 14:53 PM

vote de_dust2

oh and btw... Stalingrad can eat a dick
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment