Login

russian armor

British 3 inch mortar does not show up as a team weapon

24 Feb 2016, 20:22 PM
Donator 11

...as opposed to its original use in an emplacement. I want to use it for a Commando mortar squad, but right now the actual mortar model doesn't show up even though I've double-checked that the path for the animator (armies\british\weapons\3in_mortar\3in_mortar) is correct.

So presumably either using Commandos as the crew somehow prevents it from showing up (which seems unlikely since Commandos work fine for HMG crew), or the model is lacking whatever's necessary for it to be used separately from the emplacement.

Can anyone help with this, or is this a lost cause?
24 Feb 2016, 23:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Because every soldier entity needs to be able to operate a mortar, the sync animations for them are usually listed in the motion tree ABPs, but not for the British 3-inch.

So I added this line:
"..\\british\\weapons\\3in_mortar_sync\\3in_mortar_sync",

Now those Commandos were carrying a mortar - but it wasn't the right one. (I did use the same path as you did in entity_blueprint_ext though.)

If you set up, it disappears. The animation plays, but the crewmen stand in the wrong places. You can fire it, though.

I think it might be possible that they made a copy of the German GrW34 for prototyping a mobile British mortar squad, as evidenced by its description in the editor, and after deciding to go for an emplacement instead, started working on animations and stuff specifically for that, while leaving the rest unfinished. The 3-inch mortars actually seem to be part of the model for the emplacement.

So, I guess your answer would be: "They didn't intend for the 3-inch mortar to be used in a mobile mortar team." I might be wrong though, at least I hope so. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this.
25 Feb 2016, 03:11 AM
Donator 11

Well thank you for your assistance anyhow. I kinda suspected as much since there is no artwork made for a British mortar other than the emplacement, so they must have gone with the emplacement fairly early on.
25 Feb 2016, 07:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's a shame, really. I would have liked to use it as well. Probably just gonna use the American M1 model, as it looks at least somewhat similar.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

France 8
South Africa 1
Germany 758
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %