Login

russian armor

Toggle Download of Custom Content

Would you use the Download Custom Content toggle?
Option Distribution Votes
88%
13%
Total votes: 8
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

Hi All,

I was waiting in the lobby last night eager for a game vs the CPU, when suddenly, MLP, Girls und Panzer, and Dawn of The Dead fans flooded my custom game slots.

I spent what seemed a solid 20 minutes waiting for their custom skins, faceplates, victory strikes and decals to download (our Australian internet is powered by coal over copper lines).
Now if you're in the country on wireless, there goes 1/4 of your monthly data allowance.

I propose an on/off option in the main menu, that will set the rights to downloading of Workshop content to get around this.

What do you think?

S
23 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM

It already exists, its in the graphics options...
23 Feb 2016, 21:35 PM
Donator 11

Yup. You can disable all that stuff in the settings.

Problem solved. Close thread?
24 Feb 2016, 22:45 PM

Silly me, I should have researched this before... (was at work when I made this thread)

Thanks for the replies - ill have a look when I get home.
nee
26 Feb 2016, 10:06 AM

The option does exist...but it doesn't necessarily always solve the problem. Two reasons:

-It disables you from the need to download them, but it can sometimes still cause trouble launching the game. There is also the problem where other players end up downloading it even if you aren't, so in such cases you are still waiting for the download...only it's not your download but others.
-Even with the above worked out, the game sometimes still borks and thinks someone (sometimes it says who, sometimes it doesn't) needs to get something and thus the game cannot start. This is no longer an "I need to DL it" issue, but it turns into a "cannot start game" issue, which is more or less a problem of identical magnitude (and frustration).

With the most recent patch, there is now an option to toggle "Historical Skins" on or off. Presumably this means, when toggled that you won't have to see or donwload modded skins; however Relic didn't say "custom skins" rather "historical skins", specifically mentioning the MWNL skins, which is more or less official skins, so I dunno.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★