Login

russian armor

Useless unit list which need to be changed

29 Feb 2016, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 17:50 PMisoul

What do you mean "ineffective vs mediums"?

Firefly, has half of jackson potential dps against medium tanks (~5 sec reload vs 10) but better penetration and accuracy + tulips what makes it more effective against heavy armor.
2 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 17:50 PMisoul

What do you mean "ineffective vs mediums"?

Tell me one tank or tank-destroyer that can deal respectable damage to heavy tanks but its ineffective against medium tanks. Damage wise this just can't be.

NEVEC kinda covered it but ill go more into it. Look at the Jackson, when it had its damage reduced but pen increased it became a less effective medium killer but became a more reliable heavy fighter. Potential DPS on a TD is what makes it a medium killer where pen is what defines it as a heavy killer. The firefly does not have what it takes to be wasting its shots on a p4 if there is a tiger on the prowl, sure its going to hit like a fucking hammer but its high pen is wasted and its 10 sec reload makes you know it.

Currently a vet 3 su85 is a machine gun. This looks retarded and shuts out mediums in the area. Great! Except this is the final AT option that the soviet can field and it has no more pen than the at gun they could build 20 min prior. Meanwhile the armour values have gone from 11 to 300 and up. The su76 is the medium killer the soviet have always needed, now that the tech is linear the su85 doesnt need to be focused around being there for the mediums and getting vet to RNG the hell out of heavies it can come out at a heavy hitter that WOULD BE A WASTE TO USE VS MEDIUMS because its Dpm is much lower, but more reliable. For end game TD status.
4 Mar 2016, 12:50 PM

NEVEC kinda covered it but ill go more into it. Look at the Jackson...

Agreed on that with you and NEVEC.

I got the whole thing wrong from thedarkarmadillo's post. I guess he meant tweaking both damage and penetration in a way that while damage would remain relatively low (in order not to be an overkill Vs mediums) the higher penetration would affect more heavier armored targets. Relic, at he moment, has done the reverse... high damage/low penetration...

Such change would work. Still, I see that changes are made really slowly and at one thing at a time which leaves several units in the "shady spot" for rather long.

P.S : Is there a site where you can get updated unit stats? Most I can find are some months old.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment