Login

russian armor

Pls re-introduce the "low visibility" weather conditions

19 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM

Ok, the winter was maybe not really working well, with freeze completely stopping gameplay and deep snow is super annoying (ice is a great thing on the other hand) but imagine how nice it would be to return blizzards without freezing. This would lead to not stopping the gameplay, but actually changing the way the game goes. Would be really great to see it, for example long range defensive units owning everything on the map and having more than 70% of it- then snow-storm comes and... close range asault teams erase them out of the map :hansGG::hansREKT:

Pls Relic give it a go, I know that right now there are other priorities, but it wouldnt take a lot of time, returning the storms mechanic without the freezing mechanic, would it?
20 Feb 2016, 04:42 AM

Don't worry, CoH3 will reintroduce with North African dust storms.

At this point I'd rather just keep them out for performance reasons if nothing else, but I do generally agree with the thrust of this, that the limited visibility was a good way to vary the game tactically speaking, unlike the unit freezing which was just dreadful.
20 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM

This is an early game ostheer game changer because almost all their units are most effective at max range and the allies are generally about close quarters combat. This was just a big indirect buff to allies imo.
20 Feb 2016, 04:54 AM

If all factions had Shock Troop equivalents then this would be fine, but you are giving certain armies a BIG advantage throughout the match(Shocks, Thompson Rangers, and Thompson Airborne in particular would rule low visibility maps).
20 Feb 2016, 06:57 AM

No. As others have said, this makes non-support unit focused and short range focused teams incredibly powerful during the "low vis" time periods. That just happens to be mostly allied teams.

The reverse would be adding "heavy rain" which causes the ground to turn to mud, making all units walk very slowly (as if they were in heavy snow), but with no vision penalty. That would make long-range/support teams incredibly powerful.

Also, frame-rate. As is, CoH2 doesn't have the best performance, so adding stuff that decreases what performance we do have just isn't in the best interest of the game.

Don't worry, CoH3 will reintroduce with North African dust storms.

And units will overheat instead of freeze, and you'll need to build tents to keep them cool during the sandstorm <444>_<444>

20 Feb 2016, 10:46 AM

I miss old weather system. This feature changed tactic. Sad.
20 Feb 2016, 11:21 AM
Patrion 15

I think Deep snow was good addition but map creators gone crazy with It and become super annoying.
Blizzard was... I dunno where to start.
20 Feb 2016, 12:34 PM

+1

Weather was a key part of COH2 and marketing...and they removed it (custom games dont count).

Its such a dirty trick, removing the game's features.

It should be added back somehow someway (not the way it was presented).
20 Feb 2016, 12:37 PM
Patrion 14

Blizzards would actually be a counter to emplacements PogChamp
20 Feb 2016, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 12:37 PMStafkeh

+1
20 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

This is an early game ostheer game changer because almost all their units are most effective at max range and the allies are generally about close quarters combat. This was just a big indirect buff to allies imo.

If I remember well, it usually came after first five minutes when there were already PZGs

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 12:37 PMStafkeh

Well, here you can create your own smoke mini-blizzard.

20 Feb 2016, 16:51 PM

If I remember well, it usually came after first five minutes when there were already PZGs

Well, here you can create your own smoke mini-blizzard.

Pgrens are more so mid than short. The allies are way better close.
21 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

There are so many ways that Relic can play with weather.
Partly cloudy being the default weather. These should be the other type of weathers:
Blizzard > you already know
Windy weather > low visibility (-20% LoS penalty), accuracy penalty on all units including tanks
Sunny weather > high visibility (+20% LoS buff), accuracy buff on all units
Rainy weather > every infantry unit receives a -10% movement penalty and even worse in muddy terrain, accuracy penalty on all infantry units, flamethrowing units receive -50% damage penalty

There are plenty more type of weathers that you can choose from - cloudy weather affecting recon planes, stuka dive bombings, strafes etc. Relic should be more creative with this idea on CoH3. Hopefully, they're reading this website.
21 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM

Hmm, maybe. But I admit I hated everything about blizzards. But rain would be cool, there could be a random chance (Relic I know you love RNG) of having either evening, rain, daylight etc weather condition but nothing that affects visibility or unit movements.
21 Feb 2016, 18:25 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 16:30 PMTNrg
Hmm, maybe. But I admit I hated everything about blizzards. But rain would be cool, there could be a random chance (Relic I know you love RNG) of having either evening, rain, daylight etc weather condition but nothing that affects visibility or unit movements.

Another rainy coh1 Semois that makes you depressed? ^_^
21 Feb 2016, 20:14 PM

Another rainy coh1 Semois that makes you depressed? ^_^

It doesn't have to be semois, but I liked rainy semois :D
21 Feb 2016, 20:20 PM

Different times of day or weather are fine as long as they don't change the gameplay.

21 Feb 2016, 21:27 PM
Patrion 14

yes, reduced vision will be interesting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
Netherlands 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak