Login

russian armor

Tactical Map

AVA
19 Feb 2016, 03:09 AM

I don't know whether there are any recent topics about this, but I couldn't find a clear answer/solution yet. I am currently playing without the tactical map, because I don't have a numpad (so I can't open it by shortcut). But I really want to use it by rebinding it to "Tab" as this feels more natural aswell.

Is there any way to legitimately change this hotkey ? and if this option isn't given by coh2, what kind of Autohotkey script is needed in order to bind numpad 0 to tab to open & close the map (only in coh2)?

And is autohotkey safe to use in coh2?

Advice is appreciated :)

Greets,

AVA.
19 Feb 2016, 03:13 AM

There is no way to change the tactical map hotkey normally, you have to use seperate programs to do this. If you have a keyboard that comes with software that you can rebind keys, you can make tab = numpad 0.

If you don't have keyboard software to do this, you have to do it with AHK.

Here is a script to make tab = numpad 0.

Script:

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2
Tab::Numpad0

[::Suspend
Return

----------------

Edit: There is an emote in the script...... its supposed to be [:: Suspend

But make sure to put no space between the : and the S, I just did that to not make the emote.

AHK is safe to use in coh2 also. :)

Hope this helps!
AVA
19 Feb 2016, 04:09 AM

There is no way to change the tactical map hotkey normally, you have to use seperate programs to do this. If you have a keyboard that comes with software that you can rebind keys, you can make tab = numpad 0.

If you don't have keyboard software to do this, you have to do it with AHK.

Here is a script to make tab = numpad 0.

Script:

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2
Tab::Numpad0

[::Suspend
Return

----------------

Edit: There is an emote in the script...... its supposed to be [:: Suspend

But make sure to put no space between the : and the S, I just did that to not make the emote.

AHK is safe to use in coh2 also. :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks, exactly what i've been looking for.
Is there a way to make alt tab still work though? ;p alt tabbing isn't possible anymore with this script active.

But thanks !
19 Feb 2016, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 04:09 AMAVA

Is there a way to make alt tab still work though? ;p alt tabbing isn't possible anymore with this script active.

But thanks !

Hmm, there might be a way to fix it, but unfortunately I don't the way to do so. :(

Does your mouse have buttons on the side? If they do, you can assign tactical map to one of the buttons on the side.

If there is no buttons on the side of your mouse, I would recommend finding a key other than tab to do so.
19 Feb 2016, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 04:09 AMAVA

But thanks !

I recommend trying alt + enter. It puts the game into windowed mode, which I find much more responsive and Windows-friendly than alt + tab.
19 Feb 2016, 09:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 03:09 AMAVA
I don't know whether there are any recent topics about this, but I couldn't find a clear answer/solution yet. I am currently playing without the tactical map, because I don't have a numpad (so I can't open it by shortcut). But I really want to use it by rebinding it to "Tab" as this feels more natural aswell.

Is there any way to legitimately change this hotkey ? and if this option isn't given by coh2, what kind of Autohotkey script is needed in order to bind numpad 0 to tab to open & close the map (only in coh2)?

And is autohotkey safe to use in coh2?

Advice is appreciated :)

Greets,

AVA.

Alternative you can download "celo" so you dont need to write the Script by yourself. It has some other sweet Features too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS