Login

russian armor

Why COH2 Never really seems to improve ...

18 Feb 2016, 18:57 PM

1) Relic rarely seeks player feedback when releasing patches.

A short beta would've shown the AEC car change to be the huge joke that it is. But instead, they just patched it and we have to wait months for them to fix their mistakes.

The better patches that relic released had beta periods and more player feedback, but that's rarely the case in COH2 history.

2) Relic doesn't seem to value interactivity in gameplay, seeking quick fixes by making overpowered auto-win abilities, auto-targeting abilities that counter everything and designing overpowered vehicles that counter everything.

Arty Cover and AEC are huge examples of this. The AEC literally counters everything. Arty Cover counters everything. They've made mistakes of this nature before with bozo moves like howitzer supressing and Centaur insta-degarrisoning buildings. For god's sake there is still deep snow in the game even though they've said they've removed it. It surrounds the buildings and is all over existing snow maps. Snow in multipayer was the antithesis of fun. Mines wipe full-health squads instead of damaging them and suppressing them like the original game. It goes on and on and on ...

Super tanks are on the edge of this because they take so long to get and come so late and do have a lot of soft if not hard counters. But stuff that comes earlier is just ridiculous.

And in terms of interactivity micro in this game has always been a pain too and changes to it have added more complicated code so that units auto-move and auto-cover. What?

Relic seems to not have a vision and big picture of game design that wants to make a FUN game overall. They seem to want to help weaker players keep playing by putting in more RNG and more OP strategies from commanders they can buy and exploit. Why not have a game filled with more specialized early units that have hard counters so that any surging "op" strategy can be solved with a meta shift in terms of commanders and tiers selected? This would make people buy commanders anyways to beat the meta.

And apparently calling a developer "Fail" is "defamation." Who knew?
18 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

The Aec is hardly as bad as the centaur was. Pretty bad comparison.
18 Feb 2016, 19:27 PM

A short beta would've shown the AEC car change to be the huge joke that it is. But instead, they just patched it and we have to wait months for them to fix their mistakes.

2) Relic doesn't seem to value interactivity in gameplay, seeking quick fixes by making overpowered auto-win abilities, auto-targeting abilities that counter everything and designing overpowered vehicles that counter everything.

Good points.
19 Feb 2016, 21:34 PM

All the things they fixed in this patch were from player feedback.
19 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM

I would say the opposite, the problem is relic listens to community too much actually (regarding balance obviously).Whenever balance patch comes up It's just non constructive, pathetic shitstorm all over the forum is happening and then relic makes poor balance decisions because of that.
19 Feb 2016, 22:25 PM

19 Feb 2016, 22:29 PM

They are always interacting with the community and most balance changes are based on players feedback.

What they fail to do is looking at the bigger picture, and choosing competent balance designers (no offense brad).
19 Feb 2016, 23:05 PM

Relic listens to the players, but they listen to the wrong people, instead of asking someone extremely high ranked, top 20 for example, they listen to these 1500 ranked 4v4 bias masters and this causes the patches to be fucked up
19 Feb 2016, 23:17 PM

I kind of lost all hope in Brad, especially after his slightly overly aggressive twitch streams and his tendency to troll here in the forums. I admit, he does not feel like the right person to do the balance job.

Cuddletronic and Kyle are cool though.
20 Feb 2016, 04:44 AM

Sometimes I feel this is how Relic balances with community feedback:

20 Feb 2016, 05:19 AM

I don't understand how it takes them years to fix simple shit like the hold fire bug that was in the game since release. At least they finally fixed that.

Also order skipping (maxim skips all capping orders EVERY TIME) has still not been fixed. Makes you wonder what the heck they are actually doing....

I'm sure these things could be fixed in 5 minutes by changing a couple of lines of code; especially the hold fire bug.
20 Feb 2016, 05:30 AM

even with AEC being OP they somehow are the 2nd least played and only have a 47% win rate in ESL.
20 Feb 2016, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 05:30 AMashxu

even with AEC being OP they somehow are the 2nd least played and only have a 47% win rate in ESL.

Second least played is actually a lot for the most recent and separately sold expansion pack.
20 Feb 2016, 09:29 AM

They wanna just sell things. Aside obv OP things in New factions/commander there are other things where you see that they do that on pure purpose. Tommies for example had no extra damage Recieve on building, meant they could build their Sandbags right in Front you under fire. Every unit in this game takes extra dmg when building (except some vet3's), I dont believe they oversaw that. What about brit vehicles dont Detonate mines? Happends to no other vehicle (is still in btw) there were some other things i cant remember right now but you get the idea.

It will always be kinda fucked up as long as New content is released which needs to be sold first for some months
20 Feb 2016, 10:33 AM

All people that still believe in this game and in Relic are neglecting facts that you should not neglect.

1. The game is what, 3y old? It won't get any younger and the older it gets, the more chance players go to newer, other more finished games. There is a massive offer on the market and people rather enjoy a game then getting frustrated (AEC, Centaur at release, Calliope, RNG, ...). 100000 games on steam, not all of them are competitors, but look at the free weekends of COH2. Awesomde idea for attracting newer players, but with so many broken shit in the game, there is no reason for them to stay.

The people on this forum will probably neglect that, and tell me 'why are you still here then?' Well you have fans and you have other gamers. This forum obviously houses the fans who don't want nothing else then the game to get better. Newsflash, it's not. The fans remain, the newer players have no heart for the game like many of the players here, so they leave.

What do you do if you play a game that you never played before and it looks broken? You stop and go back to your previous game.

2.ESL a good thing? Sure, for Luvnest and Barton it is. Every week another tournament for Luvnest, Hans and Jesulin - Bravo! Better just hand them all 100$ cause there is no way any other player will ever win that tournament. There is more then 97% of the active playerbase that's not getting anything from ESL apart from streams by A_E and Stormless. Thanks for that Relic.

If you believe competitive play is only meant for the top 1% of the game, you're horribly wrong. Look at other games where you have competition (even in ESL) for ALL skill levels. Not with the same exposure, not with the same prizes and surely not the same hype, but they have leagues for everyone. Without a proper support, the ESL series will be done and no one will give a rats eye about the follow up of Esports in COH2.

"ESL is for pro's".
That statement is older than my grandfather. ESL WAS only for pro's when Esport started. Esport is for everyone.

3. Broken patches keep rolling out. Just read that again fellas. Broken - patches - keep - rolling - out. After 3 freakin' years of failing hard, they keep rolling out retarded patches. I played this AEC a couple of times. It's a joke. Same with Calliope - joke. Cruzz stops, Siberian quits, FaHu stopped, etc. All key figures in spreading the games name and support.

4. Communication of Relic. And this is a tricky one cause we all believe it's going so great!!! Streams every wednesday! HURAY!!! Q&A with mistah Kyle! "Hey Kyle, what about problem X?" - Well, we can't really say much about that, but I can say we're looking into it. Every fucking answer is about the fact that they can't say anything. Super nice!
For real - we're living in a time where companies are transparent, at least here in Europe we are. Companies don't go behind close doors and do what the hell they want. Transparency works. Inform your customers.

5. Failed marketing. Time and time again. MLNW is a perfect example of another big fail. Using old decals, old skins, announcing the skins and decals after the start of MLNW, and go on.

6. Keeping failed shit in the game. Warspoils, no ability to trade with another, etc. "Hey but dude they are fixing warspoils!!! - Get lost, this failed system has been in the game for what 2 (?) years. And NOW they are fixing it? It's like I'm going to call a plumber to fix my toilet that has been broken for 2 years. The damage is done, the floor is all soaked and wet.

It's like putting a small plaster on a wound that's really big. We're all like YEEESSS A PLASTER! But after the plaster, we realize that the wound is way to big. The hype goes away and we see there is 100000 issues being unaddressed. After 1y, we still have shrecks on volks, random squadwipes, useless abilities, failed veterancy system, etc.

Just open your eyes. Play the game but don't expect things to get better. The previous 3y are a perfect example of the fact that things don't change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 56
Poland 10
United States 16
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %