Login

russian armor

Question: How to force squads to have summer camo only?

18 Feb 2016, 17:41 PM

Hello all,
I want to force the Osttruppen to have only summer camo (I want them to have summer camo on winter maps too), any ideas how to do that?

Thank you!
21 Feb 2016, 15:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In the entity's ui_ext, you can set skin_summer and skin_winter. This is used for Ostheer Stormtroopers, who use the Panzergrenadier animator with stormtrooper_summer and stormtrooper_winter skins.

I don't think there is an easy way to look these up, but you could just tick skin_pack_override and try stuff like "osttruppen","ostruppen","osttruppen_summer" or "ostruppen_summer" for skin_winter and see if that does anything.

That said, Osttruppen actually use different models for summer and winter maps, so you might get weird results. I don't know where those are set, though.
23 Feb 2016, 22:34 PM

In the entity's ui_ext, you can set skin_summer and skin_winter. This is used for Ostheer Stormtroopers, who use the Panzergrenadier animator with stormtrooper_summer and stormtrooper_winter skins.

I don't think there is an easy way to look these up, but you could just tick skin_pack_override and try stuff like "osttruppen","ostruppen","osttruppen_summer" or "ostruppen_summer" for skin_winter and see if that does anything.

That said, Osttruppen actually use different models for summer and winter maps, so you might get weird results. I don't know where those are set, though.

Since i just redid that for my own mod a few minutes ago (but the other way around, i wanted winter skins on at all times).

Here we go, in the Attrib Editor, EBPS section, clone your osttruppen soldier ("german/soldiers/should be here", then in the extensions, ui_ext is the one you need, there is prop that is named summerskin and winterskin. Just write "summer" in the winter_skin attribute. Don't write it in the summer_skin attribute, or it will do weird things, since it is the default value already (even if attrib editor doesn't show it => it rendered pink soldiers last time i tried it).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 17
United Kingdom 106
United States 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %